Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone seen snowy the husky teddy in store?

husky920x920.jpg

I think Snowy the Husky is due in-store 30th of Nov 2020 (a/c the link you posted above)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Snowy the Husky is due in-store 30th of Nov 2020 (a/c the link you posted above)

Thanks was a bit hard to locate through the list.

Selection beer box due to come into stores this Thursday 26th November.

https://www.rsvplive.ie/life/lidl-selling-craft-beer-selection-22964987

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The JD Cross chocolate bars have to be the nicest chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's a good price and even better there is an exclusive brew in it; cognac stout. I'll be picking up one of these, I really like the red ale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

rob316 wrote: »

Not sure of the brand - but does anyone remember the multipack of little finger bars, dark chocolate filled with chocolate mousse? I think they were JD Cross, but could be remembering that wrong.....

Anyway, haven't seen them in years, but they were GORGEOUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

They are gonna fly out. Spotted it a few weeks ago in one of their xmas brochures. ill be grabbing a couple for myself and my dad.

Very much agree i remember years ago trying the 46% and being amazed. Its up there with similar %s from Lindt or any other premium brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not sure of the brand - but does anyone remember the multipack of little finger bars, dark chocolate filled with chocolate mousse? I think they were JD Cross, but could be remembering that wrong.....

Anyway, haven't seen them in years, but they were GORGEOUS!

God i used to love them! So moreish.
    They were J.D.Gross but dont think they have sold them for ages :(

That's a good price and even better there is an exclusive brew in it; cognac stout. I'll be picking up one of these, I really like the red ale.

I’m going to be up there at 10:30am. If I have to drive around to other stores I’m not coming home without it lol.

I love the Belgian saison, the pale ale and the American is quiet nice aswell.

• Advertisement

Was just in Lidl there asking about the crafty brewing company beer box which is due in 2morrow and the staff member told me there is an issue with the delivery of the beer box so they don’t know when they are going to be in the store now.

So I’ve no idea are they going to be in there 2morrow or when?

If anyone in any cork store picks when up or spots the beer box, please post here.

Lidl on Facebook messenger this morning, saying beer box not due in now till 28th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bah! Thanks for the update though.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Did I just see the same one in Aldi or was it very similar? I think it was called the 12 beers of Christmas. It was priced at €19.66.

Crafty Brewing beer company boxes in Ballyvolane Cork.

Got a couple in rathfarnham today too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Crafty Brewing beer company boxes in Ballyvolane Cork.

an absolute pile of them in Enniscorthy. Our new store just re-opened yesterday after 4 months closed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Picked some craft beer boxes up in Clondalkin, only a couple left on the shelf after me :eek::pac:

Life ain't always empty.

Now just snowy the husky left to get lol .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I got their frozen coconut prawns, a box of 12 with the party food.

Five minutes in the air fryer. Absolutely scrumptious. Tender, full of flavour and a bit spicy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I got their frozen coconut prawns, a box of 12 with the party food.

Five minutes in the air fryer. Absolutely scrumptious. Tender, full of flavour and a bit spicy!

They have another variety as well, both quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

This one is on the shelves in our Lidl (14.99) Belgium Beers - nice

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-gifts/belgian-ales-beer-gift-set/p55412

Got this for Christmas if I can wait that long. I like the other flavours they have so said I would get this too

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-market/hortus-spiced-plum-cinnamon-gin-liqueur/p51928

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Non-recommendation here - tried Lidl's parbaked baguettes

They fall apart before putting in the oven let alone after, they're also too skinny to actually open up and fill and they're extremely easy to get too crusty - turn in seconds it seems. Won't be buying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

L1011 wrote: »
    Non-recommendation here - tried Lidl's parbaked baguettes

They fall apart before putting in the oven let alone after, they're also too skinny to actually open up and fill and they're extremely easy to get too crusty - turn in seconds it seems. Won't be buying again.

Just had those for the first time yesterday. They were fine sliced and buttered and the extra crunchiness was nice in homemade soup. Prob wouldn't recommend otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

The almond and dark chocolate bar that's on special at the minute is gorgeous. Calorie and fat content is high so don't be fooling yourself that you're eating anything particularly healthy. It was yum though. And plenty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

yellow hen wrote: »
    The almond and dark chocolate bar that's on special at the minute is gorgeous. Calorie and fat content is high so don't be fooling yourself that you're eating anything particularly healthy. It was yum though. And plenty big.
    Must investigate this!

Is it anything approaching proper dark chocolate, though? Most of the nut ones are only 50-60%, I'd love to find a proper really dark choc bar with nuts.

The Aldi Choceur one with hazelnuts is the best I've found so far, and it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Anyone know if Lidl are still doing their cruspies ( shell coated peanuts)
    I was particularly partial to the paprika ones which were only periodically available. Up until recently thought they always sold chilli and barbecue flavours but I haven't seen them recently either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Had the Garlic Doughball Christmas Tree last night! Really good. Best shop bought doughballs I've had, light and fluffy

The honey roast peanuts in Lidl are miles nicer than the Aldi ones.

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote:
    Had the Garlic Doughball Christmas Tree last night! Really good. Best shop bought doughballs I've had, light and fluffy

+1

Advertisement