Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭wassie

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If you are a pro subscriber you can also use a €10 off voucher and get it all for €50 I think.

Edit: the voucher is not valid for pre orders so you could wait until it's out on the 10th and then try.

From the website:
    How to get Stadia Premiere Edition if you buy on or after December 10 (while supplies last)
    If you’d rather wait until the game comes out, just buy Cyberpunk 2077 for $59.99 USD (€59.99) in the Stadia store December 10 through December 17 (while supplies last), then follow steps 3-4 above. If you’re a Stadia Pro subscriber and this is your first purchase in the Stadia store, you can also save $10 on the game when you purchase Cyberpunk 2077 this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Black Friday sale are now live. And there are some good ones. Picked up Jedi Fallen Order and PGA 2K for a combined total of €60. Jedi is incredible so far. One of the best openings to a game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

With the 2077 offer, it states that the game is playable on your PC. Is that a download copy? Or is it just streamed?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

MoodeRator wrote: »
    With the 2077 offer, it states that the game is playable on your PC. Is that a download copy? Or is it just streamed?

Everything with Stadia is streamed.

On your PC means through your browser. That's what I understand it to mean anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Everything with Stadia is streamed.

On your PC means through your browser. That's what I understand it to mean anyway.

that is a shame, my broadband is nowhere near fast enough, but hope to have the NBI in a year. So this would be a long term investment :(

• Advertisement

MoodeRator wrote: »

There are no downloads, it's all streamed. There are pluses and minuses to this.
    The bad: you need decent Internet speeds to play (minimum 10mbs for 720p 30fps).
    All games are digital, some people have issues with ownership of games this way.
    The good: you buy a game, you play it immediately. No massive downloads, just click play like the old days.
    No updates. You're always playing the latest version in the cloud.
    Disk space is no longer an issue. All games are in the cloud so you don't need to delete a game to make space for your new one.

If you're playing on pc it's through the Chrome Web browser. All you need is a Gmail account. Go to stadia.com now sure and try it for free for a month. See if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 StGriffen

€60 gets you the game, a great controller and a chromecast ultra. Good deal. Pre-ordered.

Edit: also, happy birthday Stadia.

Am I right this offer is still valid for Ireland https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10177658?hl=en-gb

I see a banner at the top If you are contacting us regarding our recent YouTube Premium promotion, please note that we are out of supplies and the promotion has now ended.

I think that is a different think and I am good to Pre-order the game to get the Premier Package? Although looks like not until later in the year/next year.

StGriffen wrote: »
    Am I right this offer is still valid for Ireland https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10177658?hl=en-gb

I see a banner at the top If you are contacting us regarding our recent YouTube Premium promotion, please note that we are out of supplies and the promotion has now ended.

I think that is a different think and I am good to Pre-order the game to get the Premier Package? Although looks like not until later in the year/next year.

The YouTube promo is over. The cyberpunk offer is a separate offer. So if you decide to order cyberpunk you will get an email within 10 days of the games release with a link telling you how to claim your offer. Likely you won't get it before Christmas. Although Google have been very quick sending these out in the past so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

StGriffen wrote: »

It's valid but no hardware will ship until Jan 2021.

jcrowbar wrote: »
    It's valid but no hardware will ship until Jan 2021.

But you can still play the game on your phone, android tablet or chrome browser while you wait at least.

• Advertisement

Bomberman is now free to play for everyone. No subscription or purchase required. Open chrome browser, login with your Google details and start playing with any controller you have nearby. It's great craic. Highly recommend.

Outcasters is now available for free for Pro members. Fun game. And a Stadia exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Submerged: Hidden Depths seems to be free too!

https://stadia.google.com/store/details/3c39a33bbc064308941f9276c38c30e7rcp1/sku/07b0ea07f5554f70a2675fe696b4c9ebp

Can't see any mention of why, but I'm not complaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Borderlands 3 ultimate edition is €11 at the moment on stadia store.

PGA 2K21 is €10. The second sale on this game in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Google is offering 3 months of Stadia Pro with a 1 month subscription to Google One in the UK.
    Does anyone know if they're doing the same offer for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

PGA 2K21 is €10. The second sale on this game in 2 weeks.

Super that's great valyeah - wanted to get this for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Google is offering 3 months of Stadia Pro with a 1 month subscription to Google One in the UK.
    Does anyone know if they're doing the same offer for Ireland?

Yes I am on this offer as a Google One subscriber. Good thing too as I'd not have discovered Stadia at all without the trial. I find it excellent (I'm a very irregular gamer mind you), got the controller on Black Friday promo as well.

I got an email Member benefit: 3-month Stadia Pro trial. No controller required

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Yes I am on this offer as a Google One subscriber. Good thing too as I'd not have discovered Stadia at all without the trial. I find it excellent (I'm a very irregular gamer mind you), got the controller on Black Friday promo as well.

I got an email Member benefit: 3-month Stadia Pro trial. No controller required

I'm a member too but not received that offer - perhaps they're rolling the offer out in stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

anyone who preordered Cyberpunk get their free stadia controller kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

redman wrote: »
    anyone who preordered Cyberpunk get their free stadia controller kit?

Emails with redemption instructions are only going out today.

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Emails with redemption instructions are only going out today.

From today:

Redemption code for a Stadia Premiere Edition to use on the IE Google Store will be sent to the email address associated with your Stadia account by 11.59 p.m. GMT on 15 January 2021, and must be redeemed by 11.59 p.m. GMT on 31 January 2021. You must have or add a form of payment at checkout, but may not be charged depending on the delivery method that you select.

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10177658?hl=en-gb

No email with code in my inbox yet

I just got my email for Chromecast and controller with cyberpunk deal and delivery is for Monday or Tuesday. I ordered on November 19th

I just got my email for Chromecast and controller with cyberpunk deal and delivery is for Monday or Tuesday. I ordered on November 19th

Same got mine as well this morning when I checked Inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Still havnt got mine but only ordered in the 7th so I'd imagine I'm bottom of the que.

Does the email come from google themselves or stadia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Ah i got my email late last night , confirmed and then got email saying delivery by 15-16th ! that would be good if it happens! Tried playing on mobile screen last night but too awkward for me!

redman wrote: »
    Ah i got my email late last night , confirmed and then got email saying delivery by 15-16th ! that would be good if it happens! Tried playing on mobile screen last night but too awkward for me!

I'm playing on my PC monitor and it's grand but I'd rather play on the telly so I can't wait to get mine eventually.

Did your email come from stadia directly or Google?

ASOT wrote: »
    I'm playing on my PC monitor and it's grand but I'd rather play on the telly so I can't wait to get mine eventually.

Did your email come from stadia directly or Google?

First email came from Stadia then you click a link to Google store and then confirmation emails from Google store

Nice one cheers.

Now I play the waiting game.

I may contact them actually after a day or two as I never received any emails for stadia for any of my games purchases through the platform which is strange. Hopefully no issues anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

First email came from Stadia then you click a link to Google store and then confirmation emails from Google store

If I only ordered yesterday, I probably shouldn't expect to receive the email for at least a few days correct?

Advertisement