Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :D:D

There was at least one family in the earlier series who appeared twice, if not three times (the cage fighters, can't remember their names) so absolutely the Hogans can have another go, presume they'd have to qualify again though.

Davern’s from tullamore. They should enter again imo. Their only weak link was the sister because she was 15 or so. Prob 20 now and a serious athlete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Just watched it now, and yay for the McSharrys and yay for Sligo!

Lots or talking points. We rewound it and the Maher girl did indeed get an accidental elbow in the face at the start of the ramp race.

And things could have been very different if the Maher girl hadn't fallen off the balance beam. The McSharrys would have been in the eliminator and the ramp race wouldn't have suited them.

A very enjoyable series yet again, but please please please producers, nobody cares about the mentor rivalry.

Indeed totally played out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I don't understad why they dropped the bearded son for the last event.

I just assumed that they could not have the same person sit out for 2 events, so I thought they were probably thinking ahead to the final, if they got threw and the family of 3 got threw, that they (Dinans)would have their strongest 3 in the final.

I am basing this assumption on other tv shows were same person cannot sit out in back to back challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

anyone else think Fitz pulled a stroke by having the young lad have to sit out the "Pulling up the Barrels" ?

Im happy he didn't win, (and the ever so slightly smug mother ) :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

greenspurs wrote: »
    anyone else think Fitz pulled a stroke by having the young lad have to sit out the "Pulling up the Barrels" ?

Im happy he didn't win, (and the ever so slightly smug mother ) :)

Smug? I thought they were a really nice family (as most of them are to be honest).

It's great family entertainment, and hopefully encourages kids to be more active.

Some great role models for young girls (and boys) on it with the whole 20/20 initiative ongoing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Agree with the last point there, previous year’s some of the girls could have been viewed as the weak links.
    This year you had the Mandiangu girl, the two Maher girls and in particular Mona McSharry. Very positive

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

He was 14, and about 6 stone! He'd have easily been the weakest in that particular event, I'm guessing.

Plus, I think it's absolutely the family's choice who they drop (there was controversy over the choice in a previous series)

I reckon they had to drop one of the sons, find it hard to see why they would do that voluntarily. Is there any set rules on the actual make-up of a family entering the show i.e if there were 4 brothers/4 sisters in a family could they all enter? Or does it have to be at least one parent/one son/one daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,905 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anonymou wrote: »
    I reckon they had to drop one of the sons, find it hard to see why they would do that voluntarily. Is there any set rules on the actual make-up of a family entering the show i.e if there were 4 brothers/4 sisters in a family could they all enter? Or does it have to be at least one parent/one son/one daughter
    I think there has to be at least one female, and one parent. Or something along those lines.

It wasn't really clear that the youngfella would be missing for the all the remaining events, not just one of them (which I initially thought).

I'm sure there was a lot of strategising among the other teams about who they'd sit out for which event. Especially who'd wind up out for the last one, given that the walls and ramps are really aimed at teams of four.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

I think there has to be at least one female, and one parent. Or something along those lines.

Ah yes, that would make sense for that event so dropping one of sons for Dinans and one of parents for McSharrys, each team's trio would have had a parent and a female.

Still feel strongest family won overall, as full team Dinans would run them close though. Great show never fails to entertain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anonymou wrote: »
    Ah yes, that would make sense for that event so dropping one of sons for Dinans and one of parents for McSharrys, each team's trio would have had a parent and a female.

Still feel strongest family won overall, as full team Dinans would run them close though. Great show never fails to entertain!

Yeah I felt for the Dinans they might have been the best all round family.

Unusual make up for the show as well as all adults

• Registered Users Posts: 28,537 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Well done to the Mc Sharrys !

So close , the Hogans should be proud of themselves though , great family unit .
    Just caught up on the final this evening - fair play to the McSharry's and great to see them pulling Viola up the ramp at the end.

And so close indeed, which really is a credit to the who event structure and content. Must have broken Davy's heart a bit though.

Definite advantage having an elite swimmer in the ranks.

Not annoyed because I indirectly know the Hogans. I swear.
    A fair few teams have had national level competitors - was there one from Dundalk who had an international boxing winner on their team?

I wonder how long of a respite between this round and the final?

They mentioned 'day 1 of the final' at one stage. It looked it was run over two days, with the eliminator and the final event both being run fairly late in the evenings , in darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anyone watching the Celebrity special of this?
    Very good and funny !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Celebrity special of this?
    Very good and funny !

Yeah I watched it, it was very good. Must say though 3 of the families must have been saying what the fcuk? when they realised they were competing against two former Olympians and their kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah I watched it, it was very good. Must say though 3 of the families must have been saying what the fcuk? when they realised they were competing against two former Olympians and their kids :D

Lol so true !

Very enjoyable and no big egos either !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Muahahaha wrote: »

I really enjoyed it, but again, it was so obvious the Heffernans were going to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ah yeah it was always going to be the Heffernans at a canter. I though Jackie Hurley and her family did really well, though I doubt Jackie appreciated that Go Pro camera in her face showing all the gurning !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,537 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I dreamt last night that Davey Fitz and one other kidnapped me and were forcing me to be part of their criminal gang. I had to hit Davey over the head with a massive plank to get away.

I think I've been watching too much Fittest Families.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I dreamt last night that Davey Fitz and one other kidnapped me and were forcing me to be part of their criminal gang. I had to hit Davey over the head with a massive plank to get away.

I think I've been watching too much Fittest Families.

Hit Davy with a massive plank? Sure he’s tiny a wooden spoon would have done.

Back up and running tonight.

Come on the Mc Donagh family!

• Advertisement

Only starting this now.... anyone see the celebrity one the other night?

No more than last year, the 3 other families coming up against three jockeys must have thought "I'll just go home now"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Still a crap format, this first challenge is nonsense. And every family seems to be from very poor historically successful sporting counties. 2 longford families, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That is insane from Aoife!!

She is an outrageously talented all round sportsperson by the way.

Deeply shocked the new Aldi advert family didnt take part.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Not much to do with fitness, its not called Irelands most balanced family.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Not much to do with fitness, its not called Irelands most balanced family.

Unreal core work. Her heart rate will be through the roof.

I know the family personally by the way and she's ridiculous.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Outrageous performance.

Setting down a marker!

Odeta wrote: »
    The Walsh’s were amazing

Watching now - Aoife is amazing!

Davy picking The Cody Family lol

I had thought the Walsh family's performance was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Still a crap format, this first challenge is nonsense. And every family seems to be from very poor historically successful sporting counties. 2 longford families, lol.

It doesn't matter what county you are from as a fit family unit. Population size or extra finances don't come into play ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Know a family in it this year..
    One of the team is quite wild, to say the least !!

Aoife did brilliant there, to balance on 1 leg for so long !!

The coaches shouting 'encouragement' is fair annoying...

Advertisement