Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Without a doubt, but you can't be critical about this show on here. Absolute bull that none of them have ever done this exercise before. Everyone whos ever been in a gym has tried this.

... Has anybody said they haven't? Of course they have done wall sits before. Dunno what the problem is?

I would never do this show because I do not have a nice set of teeth!

....Everyone whos ever been in a gym has tried this.

I've been in a few gyms myself. At 80kg I could BP 125kg and run a 5k in 20 minutes.... Not wonderful numbers but indicative that I've trained a bit..... I've never seen anyone do that in a gym or anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Without a doubt, but you can't be critical about this show on here. Absolute bull that none of them have ever done this exercise before. Everyone whos ever been in a gym has tried this.

I've been in many a gym but never tried that actually. Will try it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Still way behind watching, only at the end of the first round..... but hats off to the first family in the first round, the mother lasted 15 seconds on one foot (and she a gymnastics coach! I thought she'd buy and sell the rest of them when I heard that), and they still managed to get more sandbags in than the eliminated family..... that's some moving by the rest of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Augeo wrote: »
    I've been in a few gyms myself. At 80kg I could BP 125kg and run a 5k in 20 minutes.... Not wonderful numbers but indicative that I've trained a bit..... I've never seen anyone do that in a gym or anywhere else.

Have you ever tried it?

• Advertisement

Would your toes be hitting a ledge in front? That would be a good help I'd imagine.

Have you ever tried it?

Nope, as I've said I've never seen anyone do it, never seen or heard of it.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Still way behind watching, only at the end of the first round..... but hats off to the first family in the first round, the mother lasted 15 seconds on one foot (and she a gymnastics coach! I thought she'd buy and sell the rest of them when I heard that), and they still managed to get more sandbags in than the eliminated family..... that's some moving by the rest of them!

Height can disorientate. Though as you say a gymnastics coach would be used to high bars and so on.

As a farmer calling 'straw' bales hay bales does my head in. There's a big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Stripeyman

Arduach wrote: »
    Sometimes the faces and posture looks like going to the toilet with constipation :D

I was thinking that myself. I tried giving them a bit of encouragement to help with the "squeeze" and the wife gave out to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The young O'Rourke girl couldn't feckin stand. How is she meant to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Mars Bar wrote: »
    ... Has anybody said they haven't? Of course they have done wall sits before. Dunno what the problem is?

I would never do this show because I do not have a nice set of teeth!

One of them said (I Think one of the fathers) they had never done it before and were surprised. Lasting 5 minutes plus would require months of training for even really fit people, especially if your 50

I watched rafa Nadal do that excercise and he was only doing 60 seconds

pjohnson wrote: »
    The young O'Rourke girl couldn't feckin stand. How is she meant to run.

Nevermind lol.

Also meant to say, my hat goes off to the last family as well - three girls, so two of them carrying the 20kg sandbags - savage performance by them all! (brother included)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Also meant to say, my hat goes off to the last family as well - three girls, so two of them carrying the 20kg sandbags - savage performance by them all! (brother included)

You can edit your own posts you know. A bit strange replying to your own post.

The first family by the way got 18 bags and lasted 2 minutes 16 seconds it was the girl on the 2nd family that done really well and they hot 40 bags home then the 3rd family lasted over 3 minutes but only got 11 bags so deserved to go home. They were no good. The 4th family then got 40 bags over and the mother lasted almost 14minutes just on 1 leg amazing and bloody hard I would say.
    Overall I think the right two family went home but the eliminator was certainly very close but I was happy to see the O Roukes make it through.
    Meeks weeks rounds will be interesting as one of the teams is from my home county and hopefully they will make it through.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Think I’m so devoid of new RTE material that I’ll be watching this every Sunday. The back against the wall challenge looked awful. Good camaraderie between the judges. Donnacha sounded quite emotional praising his team (especially the Mum) that were eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

nightie wrote: »
    Think I’m so devoid of new RTE material that I’ll be watching this every Sunday. The back against the wall challenge looked awful. Good camaraderie between the judges. Donnacha sounded quite emotional praising his team (especially the Mum) that were eliminated.

There is loads good new shows on RTE this season. The Way We Were is on now and is very interesting and there is a few new shoes on during the week too. A new comedy panel show on Thursday night and Tommy Tiernan is back every Saturday night too and the one just gone was 80 per cent really good. Plenty on RTE.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Still a crap format, this first challenge is nonsense. And every family seems to be from very poor historically successful sporting counties. 2 longford families, lol.

What's the problem with the format? I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up in other countries, which would make a fortune for Davy.
    It doesn't matter what county you are from as a fit family unit. Population size or extra finances don't come into play ;)

Very strange that there are no Dublin families at all in the final 16?

AMKC wrote: »
    There is loads good new shows on RTE this season. The Way We Were is on now and is very interesting and there is a few new shoes on during the week too. A new comedy panel show on Thursday night and Tommy Tiernan is back every Saturday night too and the one just gone was 80 per cent really good. Plenty on RTE.

And Operation Transformation is back Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Still a crap format, this first challenge is nonsense. And every family seems to be from very poor historically successful sporting counties. 2 longford families, lol.

What an ignorant comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Aoife O’Rourke was outstanding

The O’Mahonys are good but I doubt they’ll win it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And Operation Transformation is back Wednesday!

Yeah, but that post was about good shows

https://twitter.com/beatingblog/status/1345664426440065024?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I thought Davy knew at least 1 of the lads on his team and especially the one that lasted longest on the sitting challenge.

Is there much of a break between events as wondering if the family that lasted 2 minutes have much of an advantage compared to the ones who lasted 14 minutes.

Takes time to recovery if doing that for 14 minutes. Even on the sitting challenge.

I thought the father on o'rourkes isn't up to much

Donnacha loves the mama's

I was surprised to see that all the events took place on the same day..... that's some amount of effort for some of those who wound up in the final!

And given the state of some of them after the sitting challenge, I'm surprised they could walk at all. Amazing recovery.

Sarcasm Andrew.

Though I generally find it reassuring as it makes me feel fit!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Just catching up with it from last week.

I thought it would be cancelled, great to have it back.

Christ the power of the Cody name. Beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Ticy from Tipp!

Funny thing about the competition, you think you've seen a winning performance, then it's shattered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Feel like a fat bitch stuffing my face with Dominos watching this haha! I'm in awe of how they're all handling this wall challenge, it's a tough one for sure.

Advertisement