Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

NuMarvel wrote: »
    It could be that you can't have simultaneous log ins in different countries. They allow roaming in EU countries (and the UK up to 1 Jan 2021), but from their perspective, you can't be roaming if you're also watching something at home.

Perhaps that's it. I've just managed two simultaneous logins here, on different networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm new to NowTV. I've been watching all afternoon using the stick on my home TV. A family member tried to log in at the same time using the app on an iPad in the UK. They couldn't get connected - should there be any issue with doing this? I haven't checked yet if there is any problem with their iPad/app.
    your family member needs to install the Irish Version of the app, not the UK app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

givecredit wrote: »
    your family member needs to install the Irish Version of the app, not the UK app.

Ah okay - I'll tell them that. I wasn't aware that there were different versions of the app for Ireland and UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Butson wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you buy a new stick that comes loaded with passes, does it over ride your current passes.
    I have the sports, cinema and entertainment pre paid until end of January but stick got broken. New one came with a month of each. Started watching Sky sports as normal, then checked my account and it said I had activated the new Pass.
    Thank you.

The stick passes follow after whatever offer you're on - i.e. i just activated a free 7 day trial entertainment pass, then that day activated the 2 month entertainment pass that came with a stick, and the next payment is due in 2 months and one week - so i still get the benefit of the 7 day free trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Hey, can anyone confirm if the NOWTV app works on the new Google Chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Dave..M wrote:
    Hey, can anyone confirm if the NOWTV app works on the new Google Chromecast?

Yes it does

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mdol

Thinking of getting one for the kitchen tv. Could somebody tell me if the Sky News/RTE/Virgin and All4 apps have a 'watch live' option?

My ancient old Roku box for example has rte player on it but no option to watch live content, I can only stream catch-up content which is pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭decor58

mdol wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one for the kitchen tv. Could somebody tell me if the Sky News/RTE/Virgin and All4 apps have a 'watch live' option?

My ancient old Roku box for example has rte player on it but no option to watch live content, I can only stream catch-up content which is pointless.

Only Sky news has live option, VM "live" option appears on screen but is "unavailable" when you select it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Fake Tales

So NowTV is supposed to have come to Fire stick. Can anyone see the app. I have the new 4k stick but don't see any NowTV in the app store.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not to be rolled out for Ireland until the new year. Although as Amazon doesn’t actually support the Fire Stick here (aside from the Basic Edition, if you can get hold of it) I’m intrigued to see how that will work.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    Not to be rolled out for Ireland until the new year. Although as Amazon doesn’t actually support the Fire Stick here (aside from the Basic Edition, if you can get hold of it) I’m intrigued to see how that will work.

What's different with the basic edition that means it is supported?

Amazon obviously have a method of holding back apps from people in Ireland (we don't see ITV or BBC) so I imagine they just turn that off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Fake Tales wrote: »
    What's different with the basic edition that means it is supported?

Amazon obviously have a method of holding back apps from people in Ireland (we don't see ITV or BBC) so I imagine they just turn that off?
    The app is a dedicated irish version. Different to UK now tv app. So they need to build it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mdol

decor58 wrote: »
    Only Sky news has live option, VM "live" option appears on screen but is "unavailable" when you select it.

Cheers. Bought one for half price and that is indeed the case. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Virgin live working away here no problem
    3 channels all live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭decor58

Virgin live working away here no problem
    3 channels all live

Thanks for that, live is fine now, previously I just got "unavailable".

givecredit wrote: »
    The app is a dedicated irish version. Different to UK now tv app. So they need to build it.

Out of interest what/why is there a differece. I would have expected the sky content ie the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭swoofer

I just treied rte player for late late 11 Dec and its still buffering! a friend has same problem, is this rrte or now ttv

Yes it does

Not seeing NOW TV as an available app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have it on my firestick, but you will need to have a uk account for it to work at the moment

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »
    I have it on my firestick, but you will need to have a uk account for it to work at the moment

Thanks, I'd asked about the new Chromecast.

Edit: in case anyone else is wondering; there is currently no NowTV app on the new Chromecast with Google TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Dave..M wrote: »

Edit: in case anyone else is wondering; there is currently no NowTV app on the new Chromecast with Google TV.

I have an old Chromecast and can cast nowtv from my phone to it... Is this possible with the new Chromecast with GoogleTV?

Dave..M wrote:

I have an old Chromecast and can cast nowtv from my phone to it... Is this possible with the new Chromecast with GoogleTV?

Apologies dave.

I meant you can cast it in the chromecast to your TV as colm said above.

I assumed this was possible with the new chromecast also.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I was certain I saw an ad for the sports packages on Now TV at half price for six months, but now I can't find it when I go to buy. Anyone else see this offer somewhere?

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    I was certain I saw an ad for the sports packages on Now TV at half price for six months, but now I can't find it when I go to buy. Anyone else see this offer somewhere?

Never saw that one.

It was half price for 3 months at one stage and they had a 2 months for the price of one offer.

It might have been a different package you were looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Anyone else notice the Now TV picture now se ms Tobe upgraded to 1080p?

It's supposed to be 720 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Never saw that one.

It was half price for 3 months at one stage and they had a 2 months for the price of one offer.

It might have been a different package you were looking at.

Yep I have both the sports packages for a total of €35 a month for 3 months

Nigzcurran wrote: »

I got the half price for three months deal, it comes to an end this week, which is why I was so happy (or so I thought?!) to see another deal.

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    I got the half price for three months deal, it comes to an end this week, which is why I was so happy (or so I thought?!) to see another deal.

I have the same deal which expires at the end of February. It's my first time using it and overall I'm happy with the performance.

I believe from reading previous threads that when you cancel, they will e-mail you another offer.

Would you mind letting the thread know of any deals they offer?

I have the same deal which expires at the end of February. It's my first time using it and overall I'm happy with the performance.

I believe from reading previous threads that when you cancel, they will e-mail you another offer.

Would you mind letting the thread know of any deals they offer?

I canceled the other day and they offered me another discount, wasn’t half price though, think it was probably 33% off ish which I didn’t go for as I have a full iptv sub on a firestick and the half price deal was the absolute max I was willing to pay

Apologies dave.

I meant you can cast it in the chromecast to your TV as colm said above.

I assumed this was possible with the new chromecast also.

Yup, can still cast but there's no app which is a pity (but not unexpected given how bad they are at device support)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Nigzcurran wrote: »

A deal like that would be very welcome this week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Butson

Best deal going was in early October, got an email from them.
    Sports extra for 3 months for €30 total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 CELBRIDGE HOOP

Butson wrote: »
    Best deal going was in early October, got an email from them.
    Sports extra for 3 months for €30 total.

I got that deal last week.Great deal.

I got that deal last week.Great deal.

Was that deal via an email offer only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 CELBRIDGE HOOP

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Was that deal via an email offer only?

Yes.

Yes.

Can ye screenshot the contents of the email please? Might help other people get a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

Does anyone know if NowTV will ever be available for Chromebooks ?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eskimo_undercov

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the Now TV picture now se ms Tobe upgraded to 1080p?

It's supposed to be 720 :)

Could someone confirm that please? I'm eagerly waiting for 1080p in IE cause 720p is unwatchable for me after years of being spoiled by netflixes and such with 4k ☺

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Could someone confirm that please? I'm eagerly waiting for 1080p in IE cause 720p is unwatchable for me after years of being spoiled by netflixes and such with 4k ☺

In the UK they charge 3 pounds for a month pass called NowTV Boost. It gives full HD. No one would pay the 3 per month if the regular stream was full HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Its 1080 for me and also now has full dolby digital sound via a sound system
    Im paying for neither

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Just noticed the Now TV app Has arrived on the Irish Fire stick
    Must be still work in progress, I could log in and view perfect but the app won't add to my app list or recently viewed.
    But good to see it on the Fire stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Nobotty wrote: »
    Im paying for neither

I haven't noticed any improvement but lately I've been watching a lot of older series that might not be in 1080 anyway.

Are you using a built in TV app or one of the sticks/boxes?

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Just noticed the Now TV app Has arrived on the Irish Fire stick
    Must be still work in progress, I could log in and view perfect but the app won't add to my app list or recently viewed.
    But good to see it on the Fire stick.

Working perfectly on the Irish Fire Stick now ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Nobotty wrote: »
    Im paying for neither

720p is the highest picture quality here in Ireland (4830/4831)
    https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

In the UK, you have the option of adding Boost for £3 extra per month for 1080p and you can watch on 3 different screens
    https://www.nowtv.com/boost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

In the UK, you have the option of adding Boost for £3 extra per month for 1080p and you can watch on 3 different screens

It's crazy that they still don't offer that here. Like what's stopping them?

It's crazy that they still don't offer that here. Like what's stopping them?

I'm UK now tv & get the boost but 3 pounds a month extra for HD is shocking when you get 4k hdr free on prime & netflix

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm UK now tv & get the boost but 3 pounds a month extra for HD is shocking when you get 4k hdr free on prime & netflix

4k is included on the Prime Irish package at no extra

However 4k is only available on the most expensive Netflix package in Ireland

FRIENDO wrote:
    However 4k is only available on the most expensive Netflix package in Ireland

Now tv & entertainment & boost cost much more than the 4k pack though. This is only for HD. Even the most basic netflix pack gets you hd for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Ironically, the TV pass on its own in Ireland is roughly equivalent to the sterling cost of the TV pass with HD boost in the UK. TV and Boost is £13 which converts to just over €15 today; the standard TV pass price in Ireland.

So we're in effect paying HD prices without the HD boost. :mad:

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Now tv & entertainment & boost cost much more than the 4k pack though. This is only for HD. Even the most basic netflix pack gets you hd for free

No it doesn't
    Netflix Basic SD (480p) €7.99
    Netflix Standard HD (1080p) €12.99
    Netflix Premium 4K €17.99

I also find myself nipping in and out of Now TV plans and getting very good value deals.

Sometimes you get a half price deal for 3 months with Now TV

Advertisement