Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

No it doesn't were told healthy people can spread it so no symptoms are a symptom.
    Your sentence makes no sense. You guys are just losing coherency entirely.
    PCR testing does not confirm if someone has an active Covid infection.
    This is another lie.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Even Fauci doesnt think that

You should ask for a raise if you out rank him
    And another lie.

The falsehoods are basically just constant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

King Mob wrote: »
    Your sentence makes no sense. You guys are just losing coherency entirely.

This is another lie.

Why are healthy people told they can spread it, I'm not losing anything it's a simple fact of the situation.

PCR testing does not confirm an active Covid infection, go look it up, I was surprised as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

time to chill out everyone, the crystal ball is out again

"We need to get ready for something that may even be more severe in the future".
    "While we are better prepared... we are not fully prepared for this one, let alone the next one."
    - WHO emergencies chief Michael Ryan

Now where have I heard comments like that before?

The puppet master Bill Gates

They must all share the same crystal ball

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PCR testing does not confirm an active Covid infection, go look it up, I was surprised as well.

Its been known for many months

Even the people working in the labs on the tests were saying it

But this info is not really being divulged and if it was a lot of people wouldnt have a notion what they are talking about

• Advertisement

Why are healthy people told they can spread it, I'm not losing anything it's a simple fact of the situation.
    I don't know what you're referring to. Most likely you are misinterpreting or misunderstanding something.
    Yes. You've claimed this, but it's a lie.

The corona virus exists. Go look it up.

l
    Ok. So it's Bill Gates who's secretly in charge of all governments and media.

That's very silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

You'd have to ask everyone who takes msm at face value

When you control the media, you control the people

Tell me this, why hasn't RTE, Irish Times, Independent etc had a 2 sided debate since all this occurred?

Actually, dont bother, I already know

Even if there was a debate on that dustbin RTÉ, it'd be 2 or 3 people, plus the presenter, versus the person against lockdowns. So 3 or 4 on 1.

"We need to get ready for something that may even be more severe in the future".
    "While we are better prepared... we are not fully prepared for this one, let alone the next one."

Yep. His boss, the man who was a member of a terrorist organisation, said something similar the other day. Probably the cyber attack Schwab has been warning about.

Ok. So it's Bill Gates who's secretly in charge of all governments and media.

That's very silly.

He has been investing heavily in vaccines for the last twenty years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't know what you're referring to. Most likely you are misinterpreting or misunderstanding something.

Yes. You've claimed this, but it's a lie.

The corona virus exists. Go look it up.

I'm not misunderstanding anything, I said no symptoms are a symptom.

I also said PCR testing can't confirm an active Covid infection, this is also true.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

I didn't think we'd need another one with the comments on these threads lately.

Tell me this, why hasn't RTE, Irish Times, Independent etc had a 2 sided debate since all this occurred?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZN-hBTBUE
    "But for the sake of balance we now turn to Barry who believes that the sky is a carpet painted by God."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZN-hBTBUE
    "But for the sake of balance we now turn to Barry who believes that the sky is a carpet paint by God."

Guy from RTÉ mocks views he doesn't agree with. What a surprise.

aido79 wrote: »
    I didn't think we'd need another one with the comments on these threads lately.

Bill Gates has said it's coming.

I'm not misunderstanding anything,
    But you are. And you have done so repeatedly. All the conspiracy theorists here have shown that they do this repeatedly.
    They then take this misunderstanding and turn it into mad conspiracy fantasies like the idea that covid doesn't exist. Something which you guys all now believe apparently.
    I said no symptoms are a symptom.
    This makes no sense.
    I also said PCR testing can't confirm an active Covid infection, this is also true.
    Yes, you said that. I suspect it's a lie or a misunderstanding.
    See above.

He has been investing heavily in vaccines for the last twenty years..
    Ok. So therefore he controls all governments and all the media.
    That's a very silly notion.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Quiner wrote: »
    Bill Gates has said it's coming.

Bill who? Seriously what has he got to do with any of this. You really give more credit than he is due.

Guy from RTÉ mocks views he doesn't agree with. What a surprise.
    Lol. Yup. Seems the point went a bit over your head.

The theories you guys are promoting are akin to flat eartherism and holocaust denial.
    You guys and your wild claims aren't taken seriously for the same reasons.
    You won't see a debate between a physicist and a flat earther.
    You won't see a debate between a doctor and someone who believe covid doesn't exist and that vaccines don't work and that viruses are a scam.

The theories you guys are promoting are akin to flat eartherism and holocaust denial.
    You won't see a debate between a doctor and someone who believe covid doesn't exist and that vaccines don't work and that viruses are a scam.

I think you should take a break from arguing with people on the internet about conspiracy theories..

• Advertisement

And you won't see a debate between any of the RTÉ guys and Professor Carl Heneghan or Professor Sunetra Gupta unless it's a panel debate where it's 3 of the RTÉ guys + the "impartial" presenter vs Professor Heneghan or Professor Gupta.

I think you should take a break from arguing with people on the internet about conspiracy theories..
    Arguing implies that conspiracy theorists are putting forward arguments.
    You aren't. You're just making things up or parroting things from twitter even when they are obviously false and don't make any sense.

We've yet to see a coherent conspiracy theory actually presented about the vaccine.
    And that's not to mention the fact that no one has presented a single shred of evidence for any dangers from the vaccine.

We've just had lie after misinformation after bull****.

And you won't see a debate between any of the RTÉ guys and Professor Carl Heneghan or Professor Sunetra Gupta unless it's a panel debate where it's 3 of the RTÉ guys + the "impartial" presenter vs Professor Heneghan or Professor Gupta.
    You seem to be under the impression that name dropping people somehow gives your arguments weight or credibility.

It does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

I don't believe your claim Covid has a 1 > 2% kill rate. To get to that figure you need to divide deaths by confirmed cases. When in fact you should be dividing deaths by population.
    The average Irish persons odds of dying from Covid this year were in the reagon of 0.0004%

So you are talking about the small number of deaths from 0-44 year olds and completely ignoring the much larger number of deaths of 44 years and older?
    That's not how society works! You might not be in that range today but you will be some day.
    It a moot point anyways as the restrictions are not about the deaths it is to prevent the hospitals and ICU units becoming overrun.
    I also said PCR testing can't confirm an active Covid infection, this is also true

What do you mean by an "active" covid infection? Are you referring to transmissibility? And why do you think it doesn't work? Are you talking about the sensitivity of the test increasing with high cycle numbers?
    Whatever it is you are trying to say in incorrect and you are clearly either trying to misrepresent the facts on purpose or you have, which i suspect, a very rudimentary understanding of who these things work.

The comments on the PCR tests are also moot points. Even if they are detecting cases that are non-transmissible there are an indicator of rising hospital and ICU admissions as has been demonstrated today by the rising case numbers being reflected in the higher hospital admissions.

So you can argue all day about the tests being flawed but it doesn't matter as they are reflecting the surge in admissions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

At some point earlier this afternoon we were actually getting somewhere with at least trying to nail down the fear about vaccines, but that was based on a misunderstanding about how they are developed.. Since then we've had the theory that cancer should be dealt with first as a reason for something, that junk food should be banned and tobacco and pubs and now back round to Bill Gates again.

But we are still none the wiser as to what the conspiracy actually is. At least when we were discussing fears about the vaccine development there was something to work with and for the process to actually be explained to those who are scared of it.

Not a conspiracy theory in sight still.

You seem to be under the impression that name dropping people somehow gives your arguments weight or credibility.

It does not.

And again you almost purposely miss the point..

robinph wrote: »
    At some point earlier this afternoon we were actually getting somewhere with at least trying to nail down the fear about vaccines, but that was based on a misunderstanding about how they are developed.. Since then we've had the theory that cancer should be dealt with first as a reason for something, that junk food should be banned and tobacco and pubs and now back round to Bill Gates again.

But we are still none the wiser as to what the conspiracy actually is. At least when we were discussing fears about the vaccine development there was something to work with and for the process to actually be explained to those who are scared of it.

Not a conspiracy theory in sight still.
    And don't forget, the going theory is that covid doesn't exist now.

As soon as I saw who was in the video I stopped watching it. I don't do RTÉ.

As soon as I saw who was in the video I stopped watching it. I don't do RTÉ.
    Yes. They're part of the conspiracy I imagine. Even their comedians.

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    Bill who? Seriously what has he got to do with any of this. You really give more credit than he is due.

I'm just saying he said the next one was coming. And then those two guys from WHO say the exact same thing. It's not the first time it's happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement