Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Sounds like me with a recent order from IKEA, click and collect was €5 however free if order was over €100. Had €80 in my basket so spent about €20 to save €5!!!

Guilty of this myself. Do it online all the time.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sounds like me with a recent order from IKEA, click and collect was €5 however free if order was over €100. Had €80 in my basket so spent about €20 to save €5!!!

Storage boxes /scented candles ? :D

jellybear wrote: »
    Just ordered a new fleece for our lurcher so that's his Christmas present sorted.

I'm all about the online shopping this year and I'm buying a box of chocolates from a local chocolate place but delivery is only free over €50....I'll need to justify all the extra chocolate for free delivery :D Or I could just be a normal person and go get them!! Decisions, decisions.

You never need to justify extra chocolate :)

Handy for unexpected visitor present? I know this year there's less chance of that happening, but still a decent way to justify it....then you can eat it in January :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wait till your buying something for €20 and then adding another €80 on to "save on the shipping" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

You never need to justify extra chocolate :)

Handy for unexpected visitor present? I know this year there's less chance of that happening, but still a decent way to justify it....then you can eat it in January :D

Well it is my birthday in January so could just be a nice gift to myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Storage boxes /scented candles ? :D

Worse, batteries, lots of them and nearly all gone already!!

Worse, batteries, lots of them and nearly all gone already!!

Are their batteries any good? I never think of there for batteries. Usually just go to dealz. Though himself splashed out and bought a ridiculous amount of rechargeable ones and charger in argos during the summer....he's in charge of keeping all the kids toys in working order :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just collected a little haul of White Company stuff from parcel motel. Some of the 'winter' smelling stiff and then some stocking fillers.

Unfortunately their £/€ rate isn't great so if we're spending over £50 even in the 20% sale its worth paying €4.50 to get it delivered to NI then bought down here.

Their Kildare Village outlet often has good stuff too but with the travel trestructions, won't get there before the big day.

Are their batteries any good? I never think of there for batteries. Usually just go to dealz. Though himself splashed out and bought a ridiculous amount of rechargeable ones and charger in argos during the summer....he's in charge of keeping all the kids toys in working order :)

We go through a silly amount of AA & AAA batteries, I always get them via amazon, you can get boxes of 32 & 64 for about the same price as 8 or 12 in the shops here.

Sometimes HS&M have some good deals on battery bundles and we'll pick them up there too to reinforce the reserves but generally I stick them in with amazon orders of other things to keep ourselves well stocked, especially this time of year with dozens being used on battery operated lights.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Personally I find them better then the Kodak ones from Dealz however tend to grab whatever i happen to see on offer or if in Dealz/IKEA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Europound batteries and Tiger Tiger batteries always do the trick and last for ages IMO. Cheap as chips too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Brought himself with the waggedy tail to
    the petshop to pick out a gift for Christmas! He zoomed around and sniffed every
    bone and every thing in the shop & finally leapt on a grey oinky pig and wouldn’t let it go.

It’ll be under the tree for him on 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

the petshop to pick out a gift for Christmas! He zoomed around and sniffed every
    bone and every thing in the shop & finally leapt on a grey oinky pig and wouldn’t let it go.

The picture in my mind of this has made my day. So cute :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My dog LOVES the squeaky pig toys! She has a tendency to chew their ears off though. :D

Finally got around to buying a Christmas jigsaw puzzle today. :)

Posy wrote: »

If its anything like as difficult as ours best of luck finishing it before Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Pipmae

You should try the Wasgij ones - they're brilliant.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9337389/Trail/searchtext%3EWASGIJ.htm

That looks way too difficult! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

My dog LOVES the squeaky pig toys! She has a tendency to chew their ears off though. :D

I seen a squeaky Christmas pudding from Aldi on Insta last night maybe they have them here, the dog playing with it was loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Haven't got to the shops much this year got to Dealz they had no decorations left but picked up some lights more than I needed but I might put some on a plant I am getting for the family grave

On another note I had an order to collect from Dunnes and grabbed a packet of Christmas fruit slices enjoyed them over coffee today with my hairdresser with my mams tree a glow in the background, we were full of Christmas chat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

Had ordered a record early November and it hadn't arrived. Contacted company - they were apologetic, offered to send another if in stock once I'd confirmed that I checked with post office. Anyway, today I decided to order it from another retailer as it was part of daughter's 'santa' present. Got dispatch email from them straight away. And lo and behold the postman arrived with the original order later. I've decided to keep them both, assuming the second one arrives, and pass one on. Thought the original was coming from UK but one sticker on it had an address in Estonia. Next year I'm only allowing them to request items from the local super valu :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Is it OK to post Christmas presents here. or is there another thread?
    I dunno.

Anyway, I'm going to get my Mam a large terracotta oven dish just because I saw her admiring them in the English Market the other day.

For my brother, I risked it and got one of those wrap around the head sleep bands with built in Bluetooth speakers, for listening to music comfortably in bed. It could be junk, one of those Instagram ads, but he did mention the concept a while ago.

Myself and the OH don't usually get each other much, but I got a nice alarm clock from Homesense, and will probably pick up some nice boxer shorts for him somewhere.

As always, I'm stuck with my Dad (78), the most unmaterialistic guy in the world.
    Challenging!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Went Xmas shopping this week in Kildare village- some of the more popular stores doing this utterly irritating “virtual queuing” rubbish- North face an hour and half the nice girl told me- no thanks, cash stayed in pocket or spent in the majority of other shops that had no queue or just managed the line outside as needed - from what I could see from outside there was no crowd inside either. Mad way to (not) do business after been closed for 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

My brother just won a turkey crown in a raffle and goes to his inlaws for Christmas, so that's my turkey sorted!

I have no idea what they terms and conditions are here or where it is, but there's a turkey earmarked for me somewhere in the world :pac:

Woodies have up to 70% off their Christmas decorations. Drogheda had loads of stock yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Think I'd be divorced if I came home with any more Christmas decorations...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

Went shopping this morning for final gifts. Wasn't very successful but will not be going near town again. It was too stressful with busy carparks and people not queuing correctly in shops.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Woodies have up to 70% off their Christmas decorations. Drogheda had loads of stock yesterday.

So I found out when OH just got back with more stuff after going to return stuff!!!

So I found out when OH just got back with more stuff after going to return stuff!!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

131016441_2820904151565521_786071665531812558_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=tLFvVV8ruFMAX_EFICp&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3d5cba60d1c4963150dd9d7e8d85b09f&oe=5FF8915F
    131217109_2821720171483919_640764112387046259_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=1PgDgB1XyGYAX8wSZte&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8231d6f87771addef2a2afbdf0d3428e&oe=5FF7D826
    131037467_2820909481564988_8300294550025437039_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=adfhXnoIaNIAX_-S_Cq&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=81f1f71c9b9e22c69842d945a09cae1e&oe=5FFB3396
    131063333_2820940281561908_8168188165438404100_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=IRnOPadPhfYAX_fI4gv&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=1473e67c0cbf1b1260cb9d6d560de3b5&oe=5FF9E06E
    131149011_2821720288150574_3418286131761579278_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=nyYjXRiUp1EAX_nNJfN&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d6644eec9c4db1d51e0b51db250a6af2&oe=5FFAB9FD
    131174286_2821720391483897_3947488424738289050_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=80DfOF5yLJoAX_P9_kM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=650d34752a2857f4c7807d0c4fb43cfb&oe=5FFB63F2

Advertisement