Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Accessories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

madmoe wrote: »
    Great and thanks. How long did it take? How did you know when it was fully charged?

Cheers,
    M

Nope not sure about that. I left it connected overnight and was fully charged in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Nope not sure about that. I left it connected overnight and was fully charged in the morning.

Were all the lights gone off on it?

I left it in for 3 hours earlier with the S20 Ultra charger but the light was still pulsing?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

Were all the lights gone off on it?

I left it in for 3 hours earlier with the S20 Ultra charger but the light was still pulsing?

Yup they were all off and it was 100% charged. Maybe it just takes longer to charge i guess?

Yup they were all off and it was 100% charged. Maybe it just takes longer to charge i guess?

Thanks, will wait the next time if I use the phone charger for them all to be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

These are now down to €12 in Argos. Mentioned to pick a set up today. Handy .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Spunked out on https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Arctis-7P-Wireless-PlayStation/dp/B08H4YMC22 this week

I'm also using this for work instead of a wired uncomfortable cheap headset.

Sound quality is really great and battery life is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Spunked out on https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Arctis-7P-Wireless-PlayStation/dp/B08H4YMC22 this week

I'm also using this for work instead of a wired uncomfortable cheap headset.

Sound quality is really great and battery life is also good.

You can buy this direct from SteelSeries with 10% off (Newsletter sign up). They also have a sale on their older headsets which are good but don't support the PS5 3D Audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You can buy this direct from SteelSeries with 10% off (Newsletter sign up). They also have a sale on their older headsets which are good but don't support the PS5 3D Audio.

Pretty much all of Steelseries headsets support PS5 3D audio, I'm currently using it with the original Arctis 7 headset. I would get the 7x over the 7p due to the additional Xbox support.

A lot of the streamers have 12% off affiliate codes, find a code for a streamer you don't despise and use that.

Pretty much all of Steelseries headsets support PS5 3D audio, I'm currently using it with the original Arctis 7 headset. I would get the 7x over the 7p due to the additional Xbox support.

A lot of the streamers have 12% off affiliate codes, find a code for a streamer you don't despise and use that.

The Pro with DAC is 50% so roughly the same price as 7P new. Going to try get it Thursday. Tight budget this month with the PS5!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

is the pulse headset the only way to go lads or whats the story.

never used a headset before tbh.

ps5 arrived over the weekend, just have updates done and games installed , now to put it away till xmas!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    is the pulse headset the only way to go lads or whats the story.

never used a headset before tbh.

ps5 arrived over the weekend, just have updates done and games installed , now to put it away till xmas!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much all headsets work with the 3D audio. If your budget is €100 the Pulse would probably be the headset to go for.

If you intend to get an Xbox as well I would spend the extra €20 to get a set of Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox or Astro A20 Gen(requires and additional €20 dongle for compatibility with the other platform) or the extra €80 to get the Steelseries Arctis 7x.

The two Steelseries headsets are compatible with both platforms without an additional dongle and are both also compatible with the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Pretty much all headsets work with the 3D audio. If your budget is €100 the Pulse would probably be the headset to go for.

If you intend to get an Xbox as well I would spend the extra €20 to get a set of Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox or Astro A20 Gen(requires and additional €20 dongle for compatibility with the other platform) or the extra €80 to get the Steelseries Arctis 7x.

The two Steelseries headsets are compatible with both platforms without an additional dongle and are both also compatible with the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite.

thanks very much for the detailed reply

100 would be the limit, im not big into headsets to be honest

Just so I have this right....the PS5 Pulse 3D headset is wireless but uses a dongle plugged into the PS5 to make them wireless?

I use my Bose QC 35's wired to the controller and the suffices for me but I guess you will never get the 3D audio unless you have the PS5 Pulse 3D headset or similar?

Thanks,
    M

Just so I have this right....the PS5 Pulse 3D headset is wireless but uses a dongle plugged into the PS5 to make them wireless?

I use my Bose QC 35's wired to the controller and the suffices for me but I guess you will never get the 3D audio unless you have the PS5 Pulse 3D headset or similar?

Thanks,
    M

You can still get 3D audio through the use of a headset connected via a headphone jack. The QC35 IIs are also a far better set of headphones than the Pulse set.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

but I guess you will never get the 3D audio unless you have the PS5 Pulse 3D headset or similar?

Thanks,
    M

No, literally any headset, even a rubbish one, will give you the 3D Audio as it's handled by the PS5 console itself and sent to the headset, the headset doesn;t do any processing at all. The Pulse '3D' is just a name.

I believe only Sony's Pulse headset can do it wirelessly for now.

Everyone else can get it by plugging into the controller.

I believe only Sony's Pulse headset can do it wirelessly for now.

Everyone else can get it by plugging into the controller.

You can also use the Gold or Platinum Sony headset for wireless 3D as they're compatible with PS5 too.

occne wrote: »
    You can also use the Gold or Platinum Sony headset for wireless 3D as they're compatible with PS5 too.

Hmmmm. Lots of wireless headsets are compatible but that doesn't mean they're 3D Audio compatible.

SteelSeries have claimed there's are (not just the 7P) but I'd like to see some proper details on it TBH.

Hmmmm. Lots of wireless headsets are compatible but that doesn't mean they're 3D Audio compatible.

SteelSeries have claimed there's are (not just the 7P) but I'd like to see some proper details on it TBH.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/06/experience-ps5s-tempest-3d-audiotech-with-compatible-headsets-at-launch-tv-virtual-surround-sound-coming-after-launch/

Straight from the horses mouth.

On the PS5, you’ll be able to experience 3D Audio with the headphones that many of you already own, either through USB connection to the console, or by plugging your headphones into the DualSense wireless controller’s 3.5mm headset jack.

This probably being the relevant bit? Basically backs up that only the Pulse will deliver it wirelessly for now. Perhaps some USB audio adaptors can be included for delivering 3D Audio via the USB?

• Advertisement

This probably being the relevant bit? Basically backs up that only the Pulse will deliver it wirelessly for now. Perhaps some USB audio adaptors can be included for delivering 3D Audio via the USB?

The Pulse headset gets its audio via a usb dongle, as does pretty much every wireless headset.

The Pulse headset gets its audio via a usb dongle, as does pretty much every wireless headset.

That's good so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can’t get the Controller charging dock anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Can’t get the Controller charging dock anywhere

Same.

Smyths reckon they are getting more stock this month, that's where I'm keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭jj880

Venom twin charge dock is back in stock on Amazon again if thats any use. 15 sterlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

jj880 wrote: »
    Venom twin charge dock is back in stock on Amazon again if thats any use. 15 sterlings.

The thing that turns me off that is having to plug a dongle type thing into the controller, if its the same one I'm thinking of.

That's good so.

Yeah, don't take my word for it, after linking you to Sony's official page and then still arguing that you're right...

Yeah, don't take my word for it, after linking you to Sony's official page and then still arguing that you're right...

I was unsure after reading it that they meant wireless via USB thought it meant wired USB. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I feel like the Pulse headset is getting a bad rep here, but I have to say I find it great! I moved from the New Gold Headset on the 4 to this, and there is definitely a difference. Hard to explain but it just sounds better, and the Gold headset I found perfectly fine. Another difference is the Pulse headset is very comfortable. I sometimes forget I'm wearing it. For €100, I think it's great anyway. And even if it's a placebo, but I believe it being an official PS Product, it would be guaranteed compatible compared to other headsets, which no doubt work but can't be guaranteed I reckon.

Anyway, yeah, they're great. I recommend them, especially if you don't already own some expensive ones which are always bound to be better, Sony wouldn't make expensive tech cheap, especially when it comes to their accessories. Or I could be rambling...

Gonna pick up a charging dock as soon as they're available again, sick of swapping the charging cable and headset dongle around.

• Advertisement

I feel like the Pulse headset is getting a bad rep here, but I have to say I find it great! I moved from the New Gold Headset on the 4 to this, and there is definitely a difference. Hard to explain but it just sounds better, and the Gold headset I found perfectly fine. Another difference is the Pulse headset is very comfortable. I sometimes forget I'm wearing it. For €100, I think it's great anyway. And even if it's a placebo, but I believe it being an official PS Product, it would be guaranteed compatible compared to other headsets, which no doubt work but can't be guaranteed I reckon.

Anyway, yeah, they're great. I recommend them, especially if you don't already own some expensive ones which are always bound to be better, Sony wouldn't make expensive tech cheap, especially when it comes to their accessories. Or I could be rambling...

Nah, the Sony Gold, and now the Pulse is probably the best sub €100 headset. If it's like the Gold it does come with two downsides though, poor durability and poor battery life. If you can live with that go for it, if you can't you'll need to stump up a bit more for a more robustly constructed headset.

Advertisement