Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car ploughs through crowd in Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

"An eyewitness told FOCUS Online: "I saw countless people jumping to the side, over 30 people were lying on the street, some of them motionless."

Men, women and children, God help us. Rest in Peace to those murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

most reports are just saying 2 dead and a 51 year old man arrested, I wouldnt jump to terror attack on that one

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Mental illness I assume?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

silverharp wrote: »
    most reports are just saying 2 dead and a 51 year old man arrested, I wouldnt jump to terror attack on that one

It’ll be a terror attack.
    It’ll be a recently arrived Muslim refugee
    People will make excuses

We know the pattern by now.

51 year old German National from the locality driving a Range Rover according to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Says 51 year old German guy has been stopped and arrested from the vehicle. Has not yet been spoken to. Insulin was found in the mans Range Rover.

More than two dead and also some of the injured are in a bad way. Crazy. Hope they pull through.

Edit: The thread title is really jumping to conclusions a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

A 3 month old baby among the dead apparently, very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

According to the BBC, it wasn't a person that carried out the attack, it was a car:

Trier: Two killed by car in pedestrian zone in Germany

RandRuns wrote: »
    According to the BBC, it wasn't a person that carried out the attack, it was a car:

Trier: Two killed by car in pedestrian zone in Germany

I’ve read Christine ....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭KarlMarks

Shameful jumping to conclusions on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Could be the driver having a heart attack and ploughing into a crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Gervais08 wrote: »
    It’ll be a terror attack.
    It’ll be a recently arrived Muslim refugee
    People will make excuses

We know the pattern by now.

I know that pattern , but there is also a more mundane one, and there seems to be a couple of hints that its the other one

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

A reporter on Sky saying he doesn't know if it was an attack or tragic accident. Anybody who know Trier well would know that if you drive from the Porta Nigra right up to the market square it's not accidental - that's 200 meters of pedestrian street before you get to the square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I know someone living there who says they raced the whole way down a street - that does not sound like an insulin drop. 4 dead, 30 injured now. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I know someone living there who says they raced the whole way down a street - that does not sound like an insulin drop. 4 dead, 30 injured now. Terrible.

You know someone that seen it?

Sh!t - are they ok? Must have been quite terrifying to be that close.

KarlMarks wrote: »
    Shameful jumping to conclusions on this thread.

even calling it a terror attack - is any of that confirmed, or is it a tragic accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

very sad and tragic for those families who will be left bereft coming up to christmas, awful.

silverharp wrote: »
    I know that pattern , but there is also a more mundane one, and there seems to be a couple of hints that its the other one

I’ll be the first to withdraw if it’s shown to be that yeah but the first thought must be the usual. Sadly.

screamer wrote: »
    very sad and tragic for those families who will be left bereft coming up to christmas, awful.

It's a good job the Christmas market didn't go ahead or it could've been a lot worse.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I’ll be the first to withdraw if it’s shown to be that yeah but the first thought must be the usual. Sadly.

"must be" for some people I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭Augme

A terrorist attacker being 51 years old would be quite rare I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,265 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could be the driver having a heart attack and ploughing into a crowd?

They don't appear to be offering him medical assistance...
    https://twitter.com/NikiasGalanis/status/1333774015060713473?s=19

Augme wrote: »
    A terrorist attacker being 51 years old would be quite rare I would have thought.

Not necessarily - possibly one of the sad ***** who groom the kids in his mosque decided he wanted the “glory”.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Marcos

grayzer75 wrote: »
    A reporter on Sky saying he doesn't know if it was an attack or tragic accident. Anybody who know Trier well would know that if you drive from the Porta Nigra right up to the market square it's not accidental - that's 200 meters of pedestrian street before you get to the square.

Well according to the Mayor of Trier the driver had gone on a "rampage."

Reports say a 51 year old man from the area has been arrested.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Unspeakable evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Unspeakable evil.

Depends really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

51 seems to be on the older side for islamic terrorist attack.

Marcos wrote: »
    Well according to the Mayor of Trier the driver had gone on a "rampage."

Reports say a 51 year old man from the area has been arrested.

That's what I was saying. I know that town very well and there's no way you would make it from the Porta Nigra up to the square unless it was on purpose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

weisses wrote: »
    Depends really

:confused:

On what?

• Advertisement

ElJeffe wrote: »
    :confused:

On what?

How well they can spin it.

Advertisement