Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car ploughs through crowd in Germany

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

No one is "disappointed" if it turns out to be non-Islamist.

You are wrong

They lost their posing privileges.... but they are out there

weisses wrote: »
    You are wrong

They lost their posing privileges.... but they are out there

Nonsense.

Posting priviliges indeed.

Sadly, I think some are more delighted if an atrocity turns out to be nonIslamist, than those delighted it was.

The only people who revel in jihad attacks are...

Wait for it...

Jihadis.

I'd happily go about my business if there was never one again. Sadly....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I notice a lot of posters on this thread who for some reason seem to have stayed miles away from the threads discussing the attacks in France a couple of months back.

And here those posters are lecturing others about how they are disappointed this carnage was not carried out by the groups and belief systems that have carried out the vast vast majority of these types of attacks.

You guys just seem to be glad it is one of the few of these type of attacks not carried out by those of a certain belief system.

And you lecture others about political point scoring.
    FFS.

At the end of the day some poor innocent people have yet again lost their lives or being maimed for life.

And for what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Christ :(

Like I said you guys are dangerous, very dangerous.

And you guys are racist, very racist.

5... 4... 3... 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

.anon. wrote: »
    And you guys are racist, very racist.

5... 4... 3... 2...

Islam is not a race and it never will be a race. People like you have tried to normalize this ridiculous position for years, and thankfully it's not gaining traction, as it's simply ridiculous. It really shows how desperate people like you are though, as even when you can't use the race card, you still try.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Is there any likelihood of the attackers motives being released or will that be held back until the case goes to trial ?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Is there any likelihood of the attackers motives being released or will that be held back until the case goes to trial ?

The guy lost his job, was living in his car and was drinking heavily - I'd say they were the triggers. It's tragic stuff for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The guy lost his job, was living in his car and was drinking heavily - I'd say they were the triggers. It's tragic stuff for all involved.

In Germany with their social system?

I'd say there is a lot more to it than that.

I imagine the drinking heavily proceeded the job loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Boggles wrote: »
    In Germany with their social system?

I'd say there is a lot more to it than that.

I imagine the drinking heavily proceeded the job loss.

Possibly but that's all I know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I seen the video of him passing one of the shops - he was absolutely flying down the street, scary stuff.

Could you post the link please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

WrenBoy wrote: »

He parked his car ..Walked to the back of his car.. And was calmly smoking a fag when the police arrived, He had a grin on his face when they arrested him ..... Id say he was a bit cuckoo

weisses wrote: »
    He parked his car ..Walked to the back of his car.. And was calmly smoking a fag when the police arrived, He had a grin on his face when they arrested him ..... Id say he was a bit cuckoo

Wow, sounds like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

I seen the video of him passing one of the shops - he was absolutely flying down the street, scary stuff.

Yes, the description of the scene when the five died was very sad.
    https://www.dw.com/en/trier-mourns-victims-of-car-rampage-with-minutes-silence/a-55813169

It is currently unclear why the man drove the car through the pedestrian zone, however, investigators said the man did appear to intend to cause harm, as he drove "in a zigzag pattern" so as to strike people walking along.
    Public prosecutor Peter Fritzen told reporters the man had a high blood alcohol content after a test was performed following his arrest.
    He added the man could be suffering from mental illness and will undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
    "We have no indication that there was any kind of a terrorist, political or religious motive that could have played a role,'' Fritzen said.
    Authorities have urged the public to avoid spreading rumors about the incident, saying they would continue to provide information as the investigation progresses.

Feel like Im starting to turn into my grandmother, but the world feels a dark, unsafe place at the minute. I know these things happen every year somewhere and we're lucky to live where we do but this year has been hefty in the cruelty, death and general crushing of cheer category.

Advertisement