Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

etxp wrote: »
    Presentation from Golf Ireland said the system doesn't allow dashes etc for scratched holes. I would normally put a dash on a hole I scratch but I don't think you can do that now? or is it just on the computer?

you surely have to put in a 0.
    if you put in a score its going to skew the results and might amount to cheating.
    if you have a great round but one scratch, lets say a par 5 when you don't have a shot, other than that maybe you were 4 under your handicap.
    stick in in your 7 for net double, now you are 2 under and in the prizes..... but you are not though as you had a scratch.
    the net double is only for handicap.
    i expect to see something like the old clause 19 adj for this.
    again though, we don't know what we will see
    and im convinced people will put the net double scores in
    others won't
    but we haven't had clear instruction !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Seve OB wrote: »
    you surely have to put in a 0.
    if you put in a score its going to skew the results and might amount to cheating.
    if you have a great round but one scratch, lets say a par 5 when you don't have a shot, other than that maybe you were 4 under your handicap.
    stick in in your 7 for net double, now you are 2 under and in the prizes..... but you are not though as you had a scratch.
    the net double is only for handicap.
    i expect to see something like the old clause 19 adj for this.
    again though, we don't know what we will see
    and im convinced people will put the net double scores in
    others won't
    but we haven't had clear instruction !!!!!

I never thought of it for Strokeplay comps I was just thinking of stableford. No issue with being in the prizes with a scratch on the card in stableford but in Stroke it would be DQ as always?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I never thought of it for Strokeplay comps I was just thinking of stableford. No issue with being in the prizes with a scratch on the card in stableford but in Stroke it would be DQ as always?

How is a DQ for not holing out calculated then? Is it nett double bogey * 18? Or nett double on that hole only?

Also, what will happen if there is non-returned card? How is the score interpreted for h/c purposes?

It's not a DQ in strokeplay it is an NR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Exactly wrote: »
    It's not a DQ in strokeplay it is an NR.

If you don't finish a hole in Stroke I'm sure you are DQ'd under the rules of golf??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If you don't finish a hole in Stroke I'm sure you are DQ'd under the rules of golf??

If you enter an NR on a hole you're DQ from the comp but for handicap purposes it goes in as a new double, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Does anybody have the calculation for 9 hole course abd playing handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Trying to get the uncle set up and have been waiting since last night for verification email, jesus it is slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Was there previously yellow dots beside the 8 counting scores, don't see them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

Was there previously yellow dots beside the 8 counting scores, don't see them anymore.

Ya mine are gone a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Redriddick wrote: »
    Trying to get the uncle set up and have been waiting since last night for verification email, jesus it is slow

Register again. I was waiting on email for a day. I registered again and it came it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭paulos53

The yellow dots are still there for me.

They were originally next to the Adjusted Gross but are now next to the Score Differentials of the 8 counting rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

paulos53 wrote: »
    The yellow dots are still there for me.

ZzThey were originally next to the Adjusted Gross but are now next to the Score Differentials of the 8 counting rounds

Looks to be an issue on the mobile site as can see them now on the mac. Mobile site for me doesn't show all the columns including the score diff column.

Looks to be an issue on the mobile site as can see them now on the mac. Mobile site for me doesn't show all the columns including the score diff column.

neither does my mac
    seems to depend on the size of your screen
    the page is not scaling
    need to click and drag the screen to see the right columns

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yep, rule 3.3c iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

Does anybody have the calculation for 9 hole course abd playing handicap

attachment.php?attachmentid=534757&stc=1&d=1606787185

Above is from the WHS manual.

It appears that course handicap x 95% also applies for 9 hole singles competitions to arrive at the playing handicap.

CFG92 wrote: »

Above is from the WHS manual.

It appears that course handicap x 95% also applies for 9 hole singles competitions to arrive at the playing handicap.

Except GB&I don't add the "9-hole Course Rating - 9-hole par" part.

so for us it is:

Course Handicap = (Handicap Index / 2) X (9-hole Slope Rating / 113)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Does anyone know how to get your handicap cert from the golf Ireland site? Probably staring me in the face but I can’t find it

Does anyone know how to get your handicap cert from the golf Ireland site? Probably staring me in the face but I can’t find it
    Afaik, your handicap cert is managed by your golf club. It's an option for clubs to print out from the club side of the Golf Ireland website.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Afaik, your handicap cert is managed by your golf club. It's an option for clubs to print out from the club side of the Golf Ireland website.

Thanks Prawn, i'll contact my club.

Seems strange that we can't do it ourselves- you could on GolfNet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

Except GB&I don't add the "9-hole Course Rating - 9-hole par" part.

so for us it is:

Course Handicap = (Handicap Index / 2) X (9-hole Slope Rating / 113)

It's from the GB&I version of the manual though which is strange. Maybe it's a mistake.

Is there no such thing as non qualifying now as there is a winter tees handicap too.

Is there no such thing as non qualifying now as there is a winter tees handicap too.

of course there is non qualifying, same as ever

what is a winter tees handicap?

Of course there is. Any competition where some of the rules of golf are suspended or where the tees used don't match a rated course would be non-qualifying for example.

Seve OB wrote: »
    of course there is non qualifying, same as ever

what is a winter tees handicap?

A rating for the winter tees

A rating for the winter tees
    It's not the tees in use that determined whether a comp was qualifying or not. under CONGU, All sets of tees on a course had par and SSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Russman

I haven't followed the last few pages so apologies if this has been cleared up.

When I hover the curser over the two end data points on the graph on your dashboard on the Golf Ireland site, my index is shown as 9.8, its also shown as 9.8 beside my last counting round on the table. Yet the main view up above gives me 10.2 - does anyone know why this might be ? I don't have any missing rounds or anything.

Also, how is the maximum score format compatible with the rules of golf if its a DQ not to finish a hole ? Does max score not count as "strokeplay" maybe ?

Russman wrote: »
    I haven't followed the last few pages so apologies if this has been cleared up.

When I hover the curser over the two end data points on the graph on your dashboard on the Golf Ireland site, my index is shown as 9.8, its also shown as 9.8 beside my last counting round on the table. Yet the main view up above gives me 10.2 - does anyone know why this might be ? I don't have any missing rounds or anything.

Also, how is the maximum score format compatible with the rules of golf if its a DQ not to finish a hole ? Does max score not count as "strokeplay" maybe ?
    I assume by the 'two endpoints' you mean the last two?

That assumption made, the issue might be the order of import of scores into the system. As it's a running calculation, this can produce odd data points, but the overall calculation based on your last twenty is correct. Best way to check this is to look at the 'date entered' column to see if some of the rows were imported out of sequence.

Do we know if we can put in "General Play" cards over the winter for handicapping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How does it work if playing 12 holes?

Two thirds handicap - is it of your exact or your whole number?

Thanks!

Advertisement