Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What is it called in the Play Store please?

Golf Ireland

(It looks to have been taken down at present)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

what app?

The Golf Ireland App was on Android Play Store last night. Its gone now.

Exactly wrote: »
    Anyone having any trouble getting into the App this morning? Thought it was a password issue but still have the same problem 'an unknown error occurred' is the message.

Yeah, its been switched off :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They've been extremely fortunate that this switch has come in the midst of a lockdown.

Yeah, its been switched off :-(

It looked pretty good to me from the time I spent on it. Nice feature to be able to check what your playing handicap would be on other courses as well.

• Advertisement

Exactly wrote: »
    It looked pretty good to me from the time I spent on it. Nice feature to be able to check what your playing handicap would be on other courses as well.

It was decent alright. The only thing missing was the Score Differential per round as mentioned above.

Looking up other members and even other clubs' members was also useful. I expect those features will remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That early release was for feedback. So it's off again for more work I presume. Thought it was very good and easy to use. Be nice if it was integrated into other apps like BRS golf. Have all the info you need in the same place.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That early release was for feedback. So it's off again for more work I presume. Thought it was very good and easy to use. Be nice if it was integrated into other apps like BRS golf. Have all the info you need in the same place.

So it seems that I will need 3 "apps" now for general stuff.

BRS - Booking tee times, competitions.
    masterscoreboard (web app only) - entering scores and viewing results
    Golf Ireland - handicap monitoring

oh and for keeping score during my round I use mScorecard, so 4 in total.

Would be nice if there was just one app to rule them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Not including Golf Ireland, clubnet has them all, inlcudijg your till purse and invoices. Shameless plug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Is mScorecard any good? I use hole19 and find it grand.

• Advertisement

My installation of the BRS Golf app has MasterScoreboard included.

macslash wrote: »
    Is mScorecard any good? I use hole19 and find it grand.

Its ok. Very simple. I like that I can see my current stableford score at a glance and I can score other players also.

I tried hole19 but found it a bit fiddly.

My installation of the BRS Golf app has MasterScoreboard included.

Mine doesn't. I am on Android, maybe that is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭david2002

Are you saying you can use Masterscoreboard (Handicap Master app) to enter scores remotely without having to enter the club house.
    Does it work well?
    Do your members have to have individual logins to Masterscoreboard?
    Our club currently has a generic login for all members so that would be a big change for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭plumber77

david2002 wrote: »
    Are you saying you can use Masterscoreboard (Handicap Master app) to enter scores remotely without having to enter the club house.
    Does it work well?
    Our club currently has a generic login for all members so that would be a big change for us.

Yes we've been entering scores remotely since the course reopened after lockdown.

Does it work well?
    Yep. You have to change MasterScoreboard to password protected and each member has their own login. You just set it up with a generic password and then when the member logs in for the first time, they are immediately asked to change their password. After that, you can sign in to competitions, enter your score and even designate your marker. You can also sign in for and enter supplementary scores. It works very well. The problem (as always) is that a lot of people don't use it.

Mine doesn't. I am on Android, maybe that is it.
    I'm on android as well. The MS part is added as one of the tabs at the bottom of the screen. You do have to log in to it separately, but you can save your login details.

If you have it connected properly to your clubs website or if your club have an app, that can be bypassed by a simply api from Handicapmaster. It works incredibly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

This is getting more confusing.

Our pro just text out our chart but named the course handicap as 'Play'.

I wonder will the computer multiple this 'play' column again by 0.95 before putting the playing handicap on scorecards.

Edit. Just read his next text. He's asking members to do the 0.95 multiplication themsleves.

I wonder will the computer multiple this 'play' column again by 0.95 before putting the playing handicap on scorecards.

Edit. Just read his next text. He's asking members to do the 0.95 multiplication themsleves.

I think that things like this will happen over the next few weeks. Lockdown has been a small advantage in this launch of WHS.

The clubs competition software will catch this

• Advertisement

I'm on android as well. The MS part is added as one of the tabs at the bottom of the screen. You do have to log in to it separately, but you can save your login details.

I'm not seeing that tab. Maybe my club needs to enable integration. Will be a while before it's needed anyway.

My view (and haven't checked it yet) is that the Course Handicap goes in the handicap box of your scorecard and Playing Handicap goes in the strokes received box. Assuming the scorecard has both.

I'm not seeing that tab. Maybe my club needs to enable integration. Will be a while before it's needed anyway.
    Yeah. Looks like it needs to be integrated from the BRS Golf side. It's certainly listed as a feature for the App on both the App Store and Google Play. You can also see it on the BRS Golf booking webpage for your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

My view (and haven't checked it yet) is that the Course Handicap goes in the handicap box of your scorecard and Playing Handicap goes in the strokes received box. Assuming the scorecard has both.

What's the point of having the course handicap then?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

CSWS101 wrote: »

Because that’s the way the rest of the world do it!

CSWS101 wrote: »
    What Seve said. But also, it's the basis for calculating whatever your playing handicap is for whatever format you're playing in. It's not always 95%. In this part of the world where stableford and strokeplay are the dominant forms, it almost always is, but other countries play a lot of fourball etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is the 95% stableford world wide?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Is the 95% stableford world wide?

It is the suggested number. It isn’t compulsory that it be used. Your club could use any percentage

It doesn’t effect handicap adjustment as that is worked off course handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

I was just wondering would you have to take as final if your GC decided to change your handicap index? Got notification earlier that the handicap committee may be changing if they feel it doesn't reflect current level.
    *Mine hasn't been changed and I have had no indication that it will. I'm just afraid it will.
    I gained a few shots from where I was pre WHS but I feel it's a more fairer reflection. The original handicap I got in June was too low for me and I'm fearful they might reduce me. Is there anything that could be done if that is what happens. Thanks. Sorry for the spiel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

macslash wrote: »
    I was just wondering would you have to take as final if your GC decided to change your handicap index? Got notification earlier that the handicap committee may be changing if they feel it doesn't reflect current level.
    *Mine hasn't been changed and I have had no indication that it will. I'm just afraid it will.
    I gained a few shots from where I was pre WHS but I feel it's a more fairer reflection. The original handicap I got in June was too low for me and I'm fearful they might reduce me. Is there anything that could be done if that is what happens. Thanks. Sorry for the spiel.

I don't think they can change your handicap index?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement