Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Back home now. Hands cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Gritting trucks? Has snow been forecast?

Roads are gritted for frost too.

Coffeeside, lots of cleaning to do but very little motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Roads are gritted for frost too.

Coffeeside, lots of cleaning to do but very little motivation.

Ah ok. We don't get too much of that round here.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Ah ok. We don't get too much of that round here.

Lucky you, I hope we don't get snow, I feel stuck enough as it is.

Lucky you, I hope we don't get snow, I feel stuck enough as it is.

Yeah, we are very lucky in terms of really cold temperatures. Three or four nights a year at most, usually. Snow that doesn't disintegrate on impact is a once a decade occurrence .Got the short straw for the wet stuff though. Its not raining here at the moment but the the air is tangiblly damp. I hear you about being stuck. It's so much harder with the dark, short days, isn't it?

• Advertisement

It is Sardi, and nothing to do to break up the day. A short respite coming up for a few weeks and then probably straight back into full restrictions.

I'd love a good night out over the silly season but that won't be possible. I understand why, but it still sucks. I'm lucky though compared to many others, a lot of people have really struggled for many different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Dark and dirty sky around here, reminds me of dublin.

Time to get up. Its takeaway pints night!!!!
    This time next week it will be real pints night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

just had a cheeky beer and watched the Liverpool match on my new TV box which has every channel in the world and is definitely legal, surely it is. :)
    Actually yer man that sold me it was handing it to me and he says "now Gar just to warn you I left the adult channels on this coz I wasn't sure if you wanted them or not".
    So I said grand, didn't really care either way as mainly wanted it for the sports above any of the other crap, plus I find that hole end of things (pun intended) sorta creepy.
    But then the other day he came over to me and showed me this new projector thing where you can rig the box up to a projector and project whatever yer watching onto a huge white screen that you roll down, so everything becomes absolutely massive.
    Suddenly I found myself reverting back to that previous discussion about the adult channels and I was thinking jaysus can you imagine watching them on the projector, giant arses bouncing around and 3 foot tall pink torpedoes getting waved around, sure how would you eat dinner after that?
    And even the simple stuff like the lottery, here's number 19 and a ball the size of yer head rolls across in front of your eyes. Or the GAA is on and now you've a 6 foot wide close-up of Marty Morrissey's face. I mean there's a reason why nobody buys TV's bigger than 50 inch. A very valid reason.
    World is gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

All Christmas decos completed last night in time for the Toy Show after Vodafone pulled it out of the bag with merely minutes to go. Half a tub of Celebrations were consumed along with Hunky Dorys. Gallons og Club Orange zero too. Just wrapped all the Christmas pressies. Waiting on 3 more deliveries and then that's that.

Just back from Aldi. Fooking crazy in there. Town busy in general. Can only imagine what next week will be like. But got the beers I went in for and I'm suppin the first of the weekend.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »
    All Christmas decos completed last night in time for the Toy Show after Vodafone pulled it out of the bag with merely minutes to go. Half a tub of Celebrations were consumed along with Hunky Dorys. Gallons og Club Orange Aero too. Just wrapped all the Christmas pressies. Waiting on 3 more deliveries and then that's that.

Just back from Aldi. Fooking crazy in there. Town busy in general. Can only imagine what next week will be like. But got the beers I went in for and I'm suppin the first of the weekend.:D
    And hurling at 6. Win-win :)

To thine own self be true

And hurling at 6. Win-win :)

Absolutely. Hope its at least a tight game.

Couchside. Here for the night hopefully :)

Just caught up on highlights of the Late Late Toy Show, jeez some of those kids would bring a tear to a glass eye. They're brilliant.

Dublin city centre was busy earlier too, but nice busy, not people going manic or pushy or anything. Just everyone out and about for the walks and lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

NewRed2 wrote: »
    just had a cheeky beer and watched the Liverpool match on my new TV box which has every channel in the world and is definitely legal, surely it is. :)
    Actually yer man that sold me it was handing it to me and he says "now Gar just to warn you I left the adult channels on this coz I wasn't sure if you wanted them or not".
    So I said grand, didn't really care either way as mainly wanted it for the sports above any of the other crap, plus I find that hole end of things (pun intended) sorta creepy.
    But then the other day he came over to me and showed me this new projector thing where you can rig the box up to a projector and project whatever yer watching onto a huge white screen that you roll down, so everything becomes absolutely massive.
    Suddenly I found myself reverting back to that previous discussion about the adult channels and I was thinking jaysus can you imagine watching them on the projector, giant arses bouncing around and 3 foot tall pink torpedoes getting waved around, sure how would you eat dinner after that?
    And even the simple stuff like the lottery, here's number 19 and a ball the size of yer head rolls across in front of your eyes. Or the GAA is on and now you've a 6 foot wide close-up of Marty Morrissey's face. I mean there's a reason why nobody buys TV's bigger than 50 inch. A very valid reason.
    World is gone mad.

So is that your viewing sorted for the night so ? :p

In for the night now , hands are like ice here even though I've more layers on me than an onion and the house is warm .

Enjoy your evening folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

MO4, emptying the wash basket for the washing machine, I realized how many layers I actually wear! I'm going to try "wean" myself off a layer or two to save the environment.

:D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

MO4, emptying the wash basket for the washing machine, I realized how many layers I actually wear! I'm going to try "wean" myself off a layer or two to save the environment.

:D

Wait until summer, wean yourself off then , it'll be too cold in the months ahead to do without them :pac:

Making my first stab at onion gravy to serve with Toad in the Hole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The moon is absolutely fabulous, I've everything crossed that Dave is on the pier camera in hand .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was wandering around the streets at ungodly o clock, will see if I can attach phone pics

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was wandering around the streets at ungodly o clock, will see if I can attach phone pics

The black and white is very atmospheric.

Like a 1950's movie still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Supping one last pint in the sunroom and thanks to whomever mentioned Annie Lennox the other night, just flicked through a few of her tunes, she was/is sublime. Broken Glass was a hella a tune. Still Stevie Nicks is my woman, but there's room for a few others

Every time I hear Broken Glass I think of my Aunt. She's a really devout Catholic woman these days but back in her younger days she was nuts. And My Dad (her brother) told me a story about her when she was 19 and himself and her and her partner at the time were all sharing accommodation together and they hadn't a bean between them. So My Da and her partner went off to work one day but she was unemployed so shes in the house on her own all day every day and the neighbour used to always play music really loud every morning before he left for work. So one morning My Da and her partner both fecked off to work. And the neighbour had Broken Glass playing mighty loud next door before getting into his car and heading off somewhere, possibly to work, who knows.
    So my Aunt is now listening to Annie Lennox belting out the tune next door and yer man's gone.
    So whatever came over her between having no food in the fridge and getting annoyed with the music blaring she hopped the wall and climbed into yer mans back yard and the window was open so she climbed in and began cooking herself a fry up.
    But it went tits up coz he came back early to get something and she was there standing in his kitchen with sausages frying on his pan in his kitchen. Apparently he said "What the fcuk do you think you're doing?".
    My Dad says her partner had to come back to diffuse the situation and guards weren't called but they moved out shortly after.
    So now every time I hear the song I start laughing. It must be a novel experience to come back to yer own house and theres a woman in yer kitchen cooking herself brekkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Stevie Nicks is a great singer. Would listen to her the odd time on Spotify.

It's amazing how music can remind us of certain people or situations I've spent the day do bits and pieces around the house and I put YouTube videos on the tv and left them play without skipping any, my god I've been transported to so many different memories. I'm melancholy today anyway, think it's after the Toy Show which I never usually watch but so glad I did this year. Anyway the mix that came up for me today was a huge amount of Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Dire Straits (on now), but what took me off guard was Air Supply as I haven't listened to them in years but many many moons ago myself and an old flame used to play them regularly when we were ' chillin ', honestly I'm not right after listening to them. Lol.

Brothers in Arms on now , I'm crying again...wtf.

What a game of hurling. Delighted it was exciting stuff. Up the Deise! I'm not even from Waterford, but I thought Kilkenny were a shoe in. Not from Kilkenny either.:D

Thankfully the onion gravy worked out a treat because it was the only thing that made my Toad on the Slab edible. I knew before I made the batter that you need to make it with full fat milk . I knew but went ahead and used the low fat anyway. I should have just made bangers and mash, the gravy would have brought it another level. At least I know I do a good onion gravy now.

Migraine again. This is getting beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    ^ Stevie Nicks is a great singer. Would listen to her the odd time on Spotify.

Stevie & Fleetwood Mac are one of my go-to's on Spotify when WTH as some background music to keep me going.

It's amazing how music can remind us of certain people or situations I've spent the day do bits and pieces around the house and I put YouTube videos on the tv and left them play without skipping any, my god I've been transported to so many different memories. I'm melancholy today anyway, think it's after the Toy Show which I never usually watch but so glad I did this year. Anyway the mix that came up for me today was a huge amount of Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Dire Straits (on now), but what took me off guard was Air Supply as I haven't listened to them in years but many many moons ago myself and an old flame used to play them regularly when we were ' chillin ', honestly I'm not right after listening to them. Lol.

Oh Duvet, I said here before about how YouTube did a devastating nostalgia number on me back at the start of the year, and it wasn't even a bloody music video. *Hugs*

Great post DD. I can equate so many memories with music. Good times. Bad times. Break ups. Feck ups. The lot. Mrs G is the total opposite. Everyone has to have a soundtrack to their lives.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Stevie & Fleetwood Mac are one of my go-to's on Spotify when WTH as some background music to keep me going.

Stevie sang Stop Draggin my Heart Around with Tom Petty (a favourite of mine), I'm always watching the video as the vibe and looks between them are unreal, definitely a bit of history there I'd say ,they were so young in the video also. The story of the F'Mac gang is gas, they were all with eachother I'd say at some stage, Mick is off his head in a good way).
    Now I'm genuinely not a crier at all ( today is just long overdue ☺️) but when I went to see them 2 years ago I burst out crying as soon as they came on stage ( drink involved but not the culprit), I can honestly say it was one of the best nights of my life.
    Still listening to DS here, Mark is very old looking in the videos but what a band.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I went on a musical trip myself last night, every mood under the sun, singing along in an empty building

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement