Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I feel like getting smashed tonite.
    I might join you, of you don't mind misery for company.
    Can I be silent, undrinking person?.

I'll be the one being judgemental & tutting disapprovingly in the corner.

Autosport wrote: »
    Broadband back here aswell thank god

Just back for me here too, was nearly getting cold sweats here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Broadband back here now too , woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Imagine if all the mods had no broadband and couldn't access Boards?

I bet Duvet and Buile would wreck the gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nah,you'd be the first culprit!

To thine own self be true

Nah,you'd be the first culprit!

Pffffttttttt! As if. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside

Thank god it's Friday :D

I had such a busy week, am wrecked now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the sunroom, finally getting to listen to some tunes after Vodafone's blackout for the evening. Muppets.
    Really wasn't a good day. It started to go wrong around 7.30am when I was minutes away from work and in a 120km zone when a van in front of me decided to literally stick his brake peddle to the ground in a seriously dangerous way, he went from around 125 to 80 in a few seconds, van swerved and everything. So I had to quickly move into the overtaking lane, sped up to do it coz car to the right was moving up fast-ish and thinking WTF are you doing.
    Then after speeding up to overtake and moving back in to the left land I realised he had done it for a speed camera. So now thanks to him being a melodramatic idiot and me having to overtake I'm quite sure I have penalty points, I mean by all means tip the brakes but don't try to literally stop in the middle of a motorway, jackass.
    Speeding ticket should arrive in a months time, would be fun if it lands on Christmas day. I wonder do they add little Santy faces to be festive?

Then into work and I'll change names here coz ya know, to be safe, so in work we share a premises with another company and the boss of their crowd (Margaret) is lovely but she wouldn't be tolerant of messing as most bosses wouldn't I guess. So there's this lady there lets call her Niamh and meself and Niamh are always just acting the maggot, doing stupid childish crap to annoy each other but it makes the day go faster with the few giggles and bit of harmless banter. So this morning, by the way she always eats healthy and everyone from their company takes tea break at the same time. So 10am she heads off to the toilet and leaves her phone on the bench and a peeled satsuma fairly close by. By now all other staff are up in canteen getting coffee/tea.
    So I got a tape-gun and sellotaped her satsuma to her phone. Did a good few rounds with the tape gun, a fine thorough job.
    Childish, yes, but sorta typical of stupid crap we occasionally do.
    Anyway... Niamh comes back and sits at the bench and I can see shes smiling. So after a while I said "are you not eating today?".
    And she gleefully replies, "not yet but Margaret will be down in a minute wondering why someone has sellotaped her orange to someones mobile".
    I never ripped layers of sellotape off something so fast. I'm not sure what happened after. I left the sticky orange behind and legged it.

And then to top it all off my Elvery's weight lifting equipment has been delayed. Now to give a brief background, I'm average height but always was sorta skinny growing up. So a few months ago I got these dumbbells for improving biceps and I've stuck with it every day and now have fairly decent biceps, nothing amazing but no longer puny arms. So that was enough for me really, I'm not into the muscular look. But one night after a skinful of craft beers I started the series on Netflix called "Kingdom" which is a great show by the way but involves a lot of guys training to be cage-fighters and I recall at one point thinking yeah Grrr I can build muscles. And when I awoke the next morning I checked my email to see I had lodged 600 euros worth of weight lifting equipment. Grrr indeed.
    So I rang them and asked about cancellation and she asked why did I want to cancel and I wasn't sure how to explain about Kingdom on Netflix so I said ah sure screw it, and let the order stand.
    So over time I've become excited about it. It didn't land today but some day soon I'll have my own mini gym with bench press, power tower, some weird yolks where ya hook it over the bar and then pull on the ropes to lift the weights up and stuff.
    Don't have a clue how to use any of it or where in county laois will sell me protein shakes and steroids but sure we'll see how we go.... Grrrr!!!!!!

Whaaaaa??

Ah feck it, you're right. I'd love that. We'd have some craic!!

My phone & broadband are with different providers, so I will always be able to keep my beady eye on you.

Whaaaaa??

Ah feck it, you're right. I'd love that. We'd have some craic!!

No more Toy Show for you!

• Advertisement

NewRed2 wrote: »
    In the sunroom, finally getting to listen to some tunes after Vodafone's blackout for the evening. Muppets.
    Really wasn't a good day. It started to go wrong around 7.30am when I was minutes away from work and in a 120km zone when a van in front of me decided to literally stick his brake peddle to the ground in a seriously dangerous way, he went from around 125 to 80 in a few seconds, van swerved and everything. So I had to quickly move into the overtaking lane, sped up to do it coz car to the right was moving up fast-ish and thinking WTF are you doing.
    Then after speeding up to overtake and moving back in to the left land I realised he had done it for a speed camera. So now thanks to him being a melodramatic idiot and me having to overtake I'm quite sure I have penalty points, I mean by all means tip the brakes but don't try to literally stop in the middle of a motorway, jackass.
    Speeding ticket should arrive in a months time, would be fun if it lands on Christmas day. I wonder do they add little Santy faces to be festive?

Then into work and I'll change names here coz ya know, to be safe, so in work we share a premises with another company and the boss of their crowd (Margaret) is lovely but she wouldn't be tolerant of messing as most bosses wouldn't I guess. So there's this lady there lets call her Niamh and meself and Niamh are always just acting the maggot, doing stupid childish crap to annoy each other but it makes the day go faster with the few giggles and bit of harmless banter. So this morning, by the way she always eats healthy and everyone from their company takes tea break at the same time. So 10am she heads off to the toilet and leaves her phone on the bench and a peeled satsuma fairly close by. By now all other staff are up in canteen getting coffee/tea.
    So I got a tape-gun and sellotaped her satsuma to her phone. Did a good few rounds with the tape gun, a fine thorough job.
    Anyway... Niamh comes back and sits at the bench and I can see shes smiling. So after a while I said "are you not eating today?".
    And she gleefully replies, "not yet but Margaret will be down in a minute wondering why someone has sellotaped her orange to someones mobile".
    I never ripped layers of sellotape off something so fast. I'm not sure what happened after. I left the sticky orange behind and legged it.

And then to top it all off my Elvery's weight lifting equipment has been delayed. Now to give a brief background, I'm average height but always was sorta skinny growing up. So a few months ago I got these dumbbells for improving biceps and I've stuck with it every day and now have fairly decent biceps, nothing amazing but no longer puny arms. So that was enough for me really, I'm not into the muscular look. But one night after a skinful of craft beers I started the series on Netflix called "Kingdom" which is a great show by the way but involves a lot of guys training to be cage-fighters and I recall at one point thinking yeah Grrr I can build muscles. And when I awoke the next morning I checked my email to see I had lodged 600 euros worth of weight lifting equipment. Grrr indeed.
    So I rang them and asked about cancellation and she asked why did I want to cancel and I wasn't sure how to explain about Kingdom on Netflix so I said ah sure screw it, and let the order stand.
    So over time I've become excited about it. It didn't land today but some day soon I'll have my own mini gym with bench press, power tower, some weird yolks where ya hook it over the bar and then pull on the ropes to lift the weights up and stuff.
    Don't have a clue how to use any of it or where in county laois will sell me protein shakes and steroids but sure we'll see how we go.... Grrrr!!!!!!

Does a wherer have a little crush on Niamh????? :D

@NewRed, I think I'll wet myself reading your post. That was very Covid unfriendly mauling Margaret's orange :D and now you're going to bulked up like those male bodybuilders in their little underpants and shaved head! Sorry to hear about the stunt the other fella pulled on the motorway.
    Can anyone give me a small synopsis of IAC. We just left Toy Show on. I saw who left but did I miss anything else?
    I'm actually enjoying the TS. Usually wouldn't sit and watch it but there's a bit of craic on it tonight.

Does a wherer have a little crush on Niamh????? :D

:D ha, no, I like her but she's mid 60's and i'm 40 so I'd say not. Good shout though, I can see why you'd deduce that alright

The older the fiddle...

:D ha, no, I like her but she's mid 60's and i'm 40 so I'd say not. Good shout though, I can see why you'd deduce that alright

You could be a toy boy, it'd be a nice change from orange-molester. :D

The older the fiddle...

a satsuma in the middle....?

PM, IAC was the usual. All blubbering about how they love one another and are friends for life. Ruthie will be going tomorrow night I'd say. Poor Hollie was very upset but was all lovey about the other in her interview.

You could be a toy boy, it'd be a nice change from orange-molester. :D

:D
    ha yeah Maybe, I suppose orange-molester isn't setting the bar too high to start with so who knows

PM, IAC was the usual. All blubbering about how they love one another and are friends for life. Ruthie will be going tomorrow night I'd say. Poor Hollie was very upset but was all lovey about the other in her interview.

Did they vote Bitchie for tomorrow's trial again?

Did they vote Bitchie for tomorrow's trial again?

It's DumbMo. I think, I only half watch it because it's so boring. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,129 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We're all still stuck into the Toy show here. Vodafone came back with 1 min to go.:eek: But it's stalling a bit every now and then. It will do. Some money raised for that Toy Show appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loving the toy show, someone cutting onions nearby :)

NewRed I agree about older the fiddle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Goodnight crayturs. May your dreams be peaceful.

Goodnight crayturs. May your dreams be peaceful.

Crayturs? You suddenly seem familiar! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Umpteenth mug of tae, it's feckin baltic on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My favourite post of the week. Grrrrrr

Umpteenth mug of tae, it's feckin baltic on this site

It's very cold lately, I really hope it gets milder. I wouldn't like to be working through the night so I hope you have lots of tea and some comfort food.

Do you have hot water bottles with you?
    I think if I worked over night, I'd need one and id probably have a lap blanket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Watching Annie Lennox here. Shes lost a little bit if her range and her voice us bot quite as pure but it's all the more moving for it. She still sounds like an avenging angel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Love Annie, listening to Jeff Buckley So Real right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement