Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Watching Annie Lennox here. Shes lost a little bit if her range and her voice us bot quite as pure but it's all the more moving for it. She still sounds like an avenging angel.

Tiny tiny claim to fame but I was in the audience on this night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Love Annie, listening to Jeff Buckley So Real right now.

Jeff makes me cry. Really cry. I'm a soft eejit, aren't I? Do you think I'm able to kid anyone I'm not or should I just stop trying?

Jeff makes me cry. Really cry. I'm a soft eejit, aren't I? Do you think I'm able to kid anyone I'm not or should I just stop trying?

I will see your cry and raise you a complete break down. I cry every time I listen to Tim Buckley sing "dolphins" which apparently is about Jeff.

Sometimes I think about Saturday's child
    And all about the times when we were running wild
    I've been out searching for the dolphins in the sea
    Ah, but sometimes I wonder, do you ever think of me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Stop trying Sardi , everyone knows you're like a Cadburys Creme Egg , tough outer shell , soft inside :)

Tis freezing here too , car frozen over again . Am hoping the dog isn't up too much during the night , she's old and tired now , needs to pee a lot , very human characteristics really !

Lump in my throat now. I'm gonna source some stompy music to make it go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Stop trying Sardi , everyone knows you're like a Cadburys Creme Egg , tough outer shell , soft inside :)

Tis freezing here too , car frozen over again . Am hoping the dog isn't up too much during the night , she's old and tired now , needs to pee a lot , very human characteristics really !

Does she cry to go out or is she at the bed wetting stage yet? :(

To thine own self be true

Does she cry to go out or is she at the bed wetting stage yet? :(

My kitchen is in two halves , she sleeps in bottom half , so scratches the door to get me up , just as well I don't sleep much . Not bed wetting yet , thankfully PM .

Did the trick nicely, thanks. Wish I could make noise like that. Off to my bed now. Night everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My kitchen is in two halves , she sleeps in bottom half , so scratches the door to get me up , just as well I don't sleep much . Not bed wetting yet , thankfully PM .

You sleep in the kitchen? :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On to John Grant now plus more tea. Mam I can mind the dog think I'll be going to the toilet as often!

Yep , I have my own basket to sleep in beside the cooker :p

Thanks Grem , she has gone out once since I posted , seems settled now so hopefully a few hours straight sleep .
    For her I mean !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You have a delightful offbeat sense of humour! :pac:

Just finished watching the Toy Show, absolutely brilliant, cried through most of it , we could learn a thing or two from those kids,I'm in bits.
    Fell asleep earlier so had to watch it on the plus1,wide awake now, might have a PJ day tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seems mostly positive reviews of toy show, fair play for managing that..

Lana Del Ray playing here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

bedside,
    night all, hope ye all enjoyed the fanta moment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Seems mostly positive reviews of toy show, fair play for managing that..

Lana Del Ray playing here

Saw her in The Marquee. Loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, wide awake, load on my mind

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal, couchside, listening to the golden tunes of DJ Funkybeak on Mixcloud.

Perfect antidote to an intensely busy week. :)

I'm on to Portishead now. Fatigue is strong..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,089 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Don't have a clue how to use any of it or where in county laois will sell me protein shakes and steroids but sure we'll see how we go.... Grrrr!!!!!!

Stay away from these fellas, get the right diet and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,089 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Woke up to find a wet city view outside my window. Working tonight so gonna walk now.

The rain unexpected?. It's clear and very cold here, gritting trucks out earlier though roads are mostly dry round here anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You can never have enough socks, Graces. Clean socks and knickers should be in infinite supply. Hang on to your extra socks. What if you can't get your washing done for a while? At least you'll have fresh essentials. I'll say it again: you can never have enough socks.

But I am nearly 80! My sock wearing years are limited. I would far rather share my bounty!

smurfjed wrote: »
    Sent a picture of them to my usual flying partner, he came rushing down to see them, in the subsequent conversation he told me that he had shipped his car over to this city a few days ago, but he doesn’t want to drive it, the reason, well its a Ferrari and he doesn’t trust the drivers in this city.

Sure enough he has a Ferrari parked in the hotel underground car park :):)

The two Bugattis were just sitting outside the hotel with zero security, just me and this guy sitting there. Gotta love the innocence of this place.

Trying to imagine the reaction if someone sent me a car like that over here! Oh it would be AWESOME! lol.. Just to see their faces!

As if! Not even a disability trike ..

All the families getting prepared earlier for the Toy Show , kids excited to stay up late to watch it ...... unless they're with Vodafone , which went out three hours ago in a lot of areas .

Should have posted that in the TA thread :pac:

Anyone involved with Vodafone has my sincere condolences. I had a job even ditching them way back as they sent me solicitor;s letters re bills then they owed me Only got rid when I moved house without giving them the new address...

Does anyone still use landlines?

I think the tide just turned on the ocean just behind here. Heard it! Amazingly, gloriously silent out here. To hear the tide turning!

Spent up. On the tree and lights.
    So no chocolates this Christmas now. Staying clear of the Christmas forum consequently...

ah well! The lights will be worth it!

Back out shooting!!! :)

Graces7 wrote: »
    But I am nearly 80! My sock wearing years are limited. I would far rather share my bounty!

You've got more than 20 days in a row left! I repeat, keep a vast quantity of essential clothing in case accident/illness/plumbing disaster/cant be ar§editis prevents you from getting your washing done. Your world may be falling apart but your toes will be warm in fresh smelling socks. Its not like they take up too much room, now.

• Advertisement

The rain unexpected?. It's clear and very cold here, gritting trucks out earlier though roads are mostly dry round here anyway..

Gritting trucks? Has snow been forecast?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement