Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Listen to the WHO?

Good idea

Pinball Wizard is class TBF.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    It’s an Irish deference to authority hangover thing.

I mean adults literally talk like children these days. Between the 'save the summer' and 'save the Christmas' lockdowns people seem to think they're in a ****ing film.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    True but a lot of people would prefer to be officially allowed to travel as opposed to doing so anyway

Your officaly allowed Travel. Your governed by the law not the whims of politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Where was the risk to the health service during June, July, August, September and most of October when hospitals were empty but Irish citizens lived under Europe’s strictest policy?

The risk was that people would act the maggot and that we'd end up where we are today, and so it turned out.

wrote:
    Fodla]
    More insanity: https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39794988.html

This is clearly about control and destroying society and humanity.

This is not insanity, it is common sense. People should consider their situation and the situation of those they are spending time with. Such consideration does not inevitably mean you should wear a mask, but it should in some situations. The most human of traits is to have some concern for your own family.

• Advertisement

Fodla wrote: »
    destroying society and the economy is necessary in order to be able to 'build back better'.

What's wrong with 'better'?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

The risk was that people would act the maggot and that we'd end up where we are today, and so it turned out.

This is not insanity, it is common sense. People should consider their situation and the situation of those they are spending time with. Such consideration does not inevitably mean you should wear a mask, but it should in some situations. The most human of traits is to have some concern for your own family.

What acting the maggot was there? Covid has been rampant in nursing homes and hospitals for months. Is that because of the public acting the maggot? NPHET and the HSE have ****ed up non-stop throughout this whole process and the public have absolutely carried them to this point.

Penfailed wrote: »
    What's wrong with 'better'?

Because the alleged "better" depends on who it effects and most importantly as per Covid Mania- who is benefting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭facehugger99

RobitTV wrote: »
    Danny Healy-Rae: ‘God almighty, having people outside at this time of the year in the cold and the damp, you’re only asking for trouble. They’ll die with pneumonia.

You know the world has changed when the Healy-Rae's are speaking the most sense, and everybody else has become hysterical and borderline insane.

One of the greatest travesties of our response to Covid has been in forcing me to agree with Healy-Rae and Mattie McGrath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Nobody has the right to lecture you in the privacy of your own home, just like nobody has the right access your property.

Ignore this authoritarian nonsense. The usual hysterical people will be jumping for joy over this.

Let people THINK and ACT for themselves this Christmas. If they don't feel safe attending Christmas dinner, then simply do not go...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

“People would act the maggot”

Welcome to 2020 folks

Where was the risk to the health service during June, July, August, September and most of October when hospitals were empty but Irish citizens lived under Europe’s strictest policy?

I'm talking about now. I take your point though.

Fodla wrote: »

I'll see your insanity, and raise you cloud cokoo land, Mc Clonkey wants to lock people up.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40089710.html

This approach has already been deemed illegal in Portugal if it's based on a PCR Test result as there unreliable.
    https://twitter.com/dockaurG/status/1328442643676860416?s=20

I know PCR is the gold standard, so were dog leaves before they invented toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Your officaly allowed Travel. Your governed by the law not the whims of politicians.

Thought there is fines for travelling outside your county currently?

I'll see your insanity, and raise you cloud cokoo land, Mc Clonkey wants to lock people up.

This approach has already been deemed illegal in Portugal if it's based on a PCR Test result as there unreliable.

I know PCR is the gold standard, so were dog leaves before they invented toilet paper.

How can he still claim to be an expert? It's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

They have clearly lost the plot now.
    No doubt about it.
    They damage they are causing dwarfs anything caused or could possible be caused by covid.
    They are the danger.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Thought there is fines for travelling outside your county currently?

There's what:D

Fined for going outside 5km or your county, the Government were already pulled up for passing off bullshoite as the law.

Children in Greece signing propaganda songs about 'cover your ugly mouth and nose'.

It's not just Ireland that's insane. And yet people still believe that the destruction of the economy and society, the 24/7 propaganda, the hideous masks, the destruction of natural instincts is all about a mild virus.
    https://twitter.com/keithg811/status/1331910781601009670

You’d have to be a Nphet type stone to be not moved by the damage they’re piling on
    Have to admit I was crying reading this story too as I know people just like that man in the country;
    https://twitter.com/jimireland12/status/1331793370512035842?s=21

That’s the ireland I knew and grew up in- decent, honest people that would give their last penny to someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

There's what:D

Fined for going outside 5km or your county, the Government were already pulled up for passing off bullshoite as the law.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/fines-of-up-to-500-introduced-for-breaches-of-covid-19-regulations-1.4418334

"The fines came into effect on Sunday under the statutory instrument signing by Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly over the weekend bringing the regulations into law."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Isn't it scary, we were all called 'conspiracy theorists' months ago, we were insulted, demonized, and now almost everything we warned about is now coming to fruition.

- Forced vaccinations for travel, concerts on the way.
    - Vaccination cards or certificates - or even bracelets, which they recommend we wear on a permanent basis.
    - DNA testing on airplanes
    - 'Experts' calling for people to locked up for flying to visit family
    - Quick destruction of the nightlife industry
    - 'New Normal' rubbish which they want to impose
    - 'Things will never be the same again' narrative
    - Civil liberties increasingly being attacked (will they ever return?)
    - Hysterical people on the radio calling for people to be arrested for meeting up with friends or family
    - Media overreaction
    - Nursing home disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Smoothrider

How can Nphet even be in a position to 'signal opposition' ? They're supposed to be govt advisers, they should simply furnish advices, end of story. They've lost the run of themselves entirely, it's like a runaway Frankenstein monster at this stage.

Allinall wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/fines-of-up-to-500-introduced-for-breaches-of-covid-19-regulations-1.4418334

"The fines came into effect on Sunday under the statutory instrument signing by Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly over the weekend bringing the regulations into law."

More stalling...

The Garda Siochána will roll out the introduction of these enforcement measures as the relevant systems will be adjusted over the coming week to accommodate the additional offences.

These will fall over in court if challenged. They've no right to restrict healthy people.

RobitTV wrote: »
    Isn't it scary, we were all called 'conspiracy theorists' months ago, we were insulted, demonized, and now almost everything we warned about is now coming to fruition.

- Forced vaccinations for travel, concerts on the way.
    - Vaccination cards or certificates - or even bracelets, which they recommend we wear on a permanent basis.
    - DNA testing on airplanes
    - 'Experts' calling for people to locked up for flying to visit family
    - Quick destruction of the nightlife industry
    - 'New Normal' rubbish which they want to impose
    - 'Things will never be the same again' narrative
    - Civil liberties increasingly being attacked (will they ever return?)
    - Hysterical people on the radio calling for people to be arrested for meeting up with friends or family
    - Media overreaction
    - Nursing home disaster

But mention any of the above on the CT forum and you're accused of being paranoid. And don't forget the health passport. They've even made an Irish one called Health Passport Ireland.

All of this is being done to 'build back better'. Biden is using the slogan, as are Trudeau, Johnson, Imran Khan, the Head of WHO. A huge coincidence. The Great Reset is set to begin in January. The World Economic Forum has been preaching for months about how monumental changes are nigh, how the world will never go back to normal etc. They are deliberately destroying society and the economy to 'build back better'.

https://news.bitcoin.com/a-look-at-the-fascist-agenda-behind-the-great-reset-and-the-wefs-reboot-propaganda/

More stalling...

The Garda Siochána will roll out the introduction of these enforcement measures as the relevant systems will be adjusted over the coming week to accommodate the additional offences.

These will fall over in court if challenged. They've no right to restrict healthy people.

You'd wonder how can could be breached? Would be like breaching advice. More nonsense. And aren't there exemptions re the mask thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

More stalling...

Healthy people are restricted on a daily basis.

I had to stop at three sets of traffic lights today.

I had to wait until 10.30 am before I could buy a bottle of wine.

I wanted to thump some gobshyte who jumped the queue in Spar at lunchtime, but couldn't because of pesky restrictive laws.

And I'm very healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Breaking news

NPHET are “concerned” about reopening over Christmas

Weird that

Allinall wrote: »
    Healthy people are restricted on a daily basis.

I had to stop at three sets of traffic lights today.

I had to wait until 10.30 am before I could buy a bottle of wine.

I wanted to thump some gobshyte who jumped the queue in Spar at lunchtime, but couldn't because of pesky restrictive laws.

And I'm very healthy.

Which one of those 'restrictions' you listed has a fifth of our population out of work and flushed €24 billion down the drain? Ridiculous comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Which one of those 'restrictions' you listed has a fifth of our population out of work and flushed €24 billion down the drain? Ridiculous comparison.

So it is OK to thump somebody or run them over, or in this case give them a disease, because you need the money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement