Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Sully wrote: »
    Same for me- Royal Mail said if An Post don't have it than its with customs.

Customs saying if its not scanned with An Post than its not with them.

An Post saying if they haven't it scanned than its not with them.

Madness

sums it up really, it really defeats the purpose of offering a tracked service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

whiterebel wrote: »
    Almost every post on here for the last 3 or 4 weeks is about delays. USPS, Royal Mail, An Post, Amazon, post from from Austria, from Germany. There is a severe lack of trucks and planes into Ireland, and a massive backlog on arrival at An Post. They are starting to clear the backlog now, but there is more coming in every day.

Seems very strange though - if it's just a backlog then why are so many packages arriving without any delay? My wife received one today that was posted just a few days ago (also from UK) - through An Post.

Watch I ordered on amazon early November didn't arrive, amazon said I couof get a refund.
    Got refund watch arrives a week later.
    Ordered another watch 11 Nov, sent back to amazon by France chronopozt due to damage, as per amazon, amazon never notified me about this, checked the choropost tracking myself. Got refund.
    Ring being sent from Australia latest and only tracking 14th November "processed by air carrier'', doubtful I'll get it this side of Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

komodosp wrote: »
    Anyone know what might be going on here?

I'm waiting on a package (deliver to Ireland) that was received by Royal Mail overnight on 10th/11th November and, according to their tracking site, been stuck in "LANGLEY HWDC" with a status "In Transit" ever since. ("your item is now leaving the UK...")

Now I am told by our local postman that there is a huge backlog, and I'm told the same when I ring An Post, although in the last few days they've been a bit more concerned sounding (still not able to do anything though)

The funny thing is, I've checked a few different tracking numbers on the RM website and any post I found that was sent (and received by them) after mine has been delivered! So it's kind of hard to believe it's simply because of a backlog.

But another item that was received on the same day as mine is also still "In Transit". Did the post to Ireland go missing that day or something?

An Post just advise me to contact the sender & Royal Mail. I've been onto the sender and they have opened an enquiry with RM, I've tried ringing RM and I get put into a queue for an hour before the call just gets dropped (twice this happened). I've submitted a query on their form but haven't heard back (other than the automated "we got your request" mail).

u are not alone, i have seen so many threads & on an posts twitter feed from people waiting from post dispatched from langley heathrow on 10th, mine included! thats what i was starting to think did the plane get lost!! i actually got for the 1st time today from on post webchat an agent who was excellent, she said that due to the lack of flights the post has not come into ireland yet, she said shed be hopeful to see it come in this weekend & hopefully delivered early next week, so they deffo know something about this period of time, that gave me some hope!! keep an eye on tracking, will u update please if u get any feedback or it ur item shows up in an posts scanning? im starting to pull my hair out with frustration!!!! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

Gally79 wrote: »
    I have posted a package (from Cork) to Melbourne on the 12th November 2020, its still sitting in Dublin according to the tracking info.

That's though. The 12th was 2 weeks ago. I hope it gets there on time. Will you keep me updated with the progress and let me know when it moves.

I was already with the parcel and I was going in for the final step this morning and order a pick up with ups and I was going to go with express shipping with ups. The parents balked at the idea at the last minute and took the parcel to the post office because they are used to that and sent it by registered post to Australia. I'm kicking myself now. They knew I wanted to send by courier in the hope of speeding up the parcel but they were so used to sending by post. Looks like this year's Christmas parcel probably won't get there on time. I knew of delays 2 weeks ago and I mentioned it to the parents 2 weeks ago and it took them a further 2 weeks just to label and box everything. I was anticipating delays because of the pandemic and we were sorted for Christmas gifts because we did early online shopping from early October. The parcel should have been gone 2 weeks ago but it didn't feel right for them the wrote their Christmas cards so early in November. Such nonsense that was. It's just disappointing.. Another late Christmas parcel for the second year in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Fmlusps

Well a miracle happened and my post from the US arrived this afternoon! However I got a message that Fastway delivered a different package from the UK to my house when no such delivery happened so you win some you lose some.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭manna452121

Its not like that An Post did not see this coming,volumes are going up from the first lockdown,they are now using an overflow warehouse to hold items for days.
    Finally got my parcel,!5 days from Dun Laoghaire.So much for next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

An Post are reliable in that you will eventually get your parcel and it wont be drop kicked over the wall. Once it gets out of the hub and makes it to the correct DSU you'll get it within a day .

Making it out of the Parcel Hub is the main hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭manna452121

Car99 wrote: »
    An Post are reliable in that you will eventually get your parcel and it wont be drop kicked over the wall. Once it gets out of the hub and makes it to the correct DSU you'll get it within a day .

Making it out of the Parcel Hub is the main hurdle.

My parcel was sitting for 12-13 days,because it was not priority, in an overflow warehouse being used by An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micke_doepse

My parcel finally appeared on the AP tracking. Normally once it finds it's way to Parcel Hub in D12 it is delivered the next day. We'll see how long it takes this time.

• Advertisement

I have never seen such delays, have been waiting ages for a parcel to arrive. Finally double checked with the person who was sending it that it had been sent and they actually sent it express (so should have been next working day guaranteed) so they have tracking and its just sitting in Naas DSU for the last 10 days. My amazon packages are arriving within a day or two from the UK but something from Kildare to Galway is not even on its way in a week and a half with express

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I have never seen such delays, have been waiting ages for a parcel to arrive. Finally double checked with the person who was sending it that it had been sent and they actually sent it express (so should have been next working day guaranteed) so they have tracking and its just sitting in Naas DSU for the last 10 days. My amazon packages are arriving within a day or two from the UK but something from Kildare to Galway is not even on its way in a week and a half with express

I hope senders are claiming the postage costs back when An Post fail this badly.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

Fmlusps wrote: »
    Well a miracle happened and my post from the US arrived this afternoon! However I got a message that Fastway delivered a different package from the UK to my house when no such delivery happened so you win some you lose some.

How long where you waiting?

ok things are getting weird now, on monday i ordered a small parcel from uk, not expensive so took the chance, left uk with royal mail wed, an post received it yesterday and my postman has just dropped it in my letter box, so 2 days from uk to my doorstep!!’ yet im still waiting for the parcel that left on the 10th!!! have to saw im in shock dunno whats going on!!! is it pot luck??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I had a parcel from Amazon in the UK arrive before a parcel from Cork City. <1 day for Amazon - 3 days for Cork City to Cork City. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

ok things are getting weird now, on monday i ordered a small parcel from uk, not expensive so took the chance, left uk with royal mail wed, an post received it yesterday and my postman has just dropped it in my letter box, so 2 days from uk to my doorstep!!’ yet im still waiting for the parcel that left on the 10th!!! have to saw im in shock dunno whats going on!!! is it pot luck??

If its small enough for the local postie to deliver it then its probably gone via regular mail and not via the new automated parcel sorting area?

schmoo2k wrote: »
    If its small enough for the local postie to deliver it then its probably gone via regular mail and not via the new automated parcel sorting area?

last parcel was the very same item though i reordered from same company!! that one left on the 10th & like many others from the 10th still not in an posts tracking!! very odd i think, both were tracked & signed, the one I got today went to dublin 12 parcel hub, arrived at my local sorting office early hours this morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Ordered Posters from Amazon that are being Shipped from Lithuania.

Lithuania post tracking says it left the country on the 21st and shows its going to AnPost.

No sign of tracking with AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

last parcel was the very same item though i reordered from same company!! that one left on the 10th & like many others from the 10th still not in an posts tracking!! very odd i think, both were tracked & signed, the one I got today went to dublin 12 parcel hub, arrived at my local sorting office early hours this morning!!

Was it your regular postie (on foot) or an An Post man in a van? My regular guy is excellent and will go out of his way with badly addressed letters etc.

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Was it your regular postie (on foot) or an An Post man in a van? My regular guy is excellent and will go out of his way with badly addressed letters etc.

regular postman! can’t believe how with so many parcels delayed and i still have one left uk on 10th from same company same delivery that this just came in 2 days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If it scans as "Naas dsu" or any other dsu it means that it has started its journey and has left for one of the hubs.

Very little would be kept overnight in a dsu unless the pick up van got back to the dsu late.

Truck leaves Naas about 7.30pm, so your parcel was in the Dublin hub about 8.30, but literally joins a queue.

Darc19 wrote: »
    If it scans as "Naas dsu" or any other dsu it means that it has started its journey and has left for one of the hubs.

Very little would be kept overnight in a dsu unless the pick up van got back to the dsu late.

Truck leaves Naas about 7.30pm, so your parcel was in the Dublin hub about 8.30, but literally joins a queue.

I only know what the tracking says (attached the screenshot) and it has it in last scanned in Naas DSU on the 17th and not scanned again until Portlaoise on the 26th and arrived to me this morning the 27th.

The company who sent it contacted an post yesterday to complain as they sent it express on the 16th, otherwise I have no idea if it would still be languishing somewhere, I'm just glad it finally arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

Has anyone noticed delays with an post in the last week. I got texts from them on Monday saying they were going to deliver my amazon parcels within 3 days but still no sign. Tracking shows them stuck in dublin mail centre since then. One parcel also seems to have been lost as the tracking shows nothing after leaving amazon facility, it doesn't show in an post tracking system. I live in Tipperary if that makes any difference.

I know they are extremely busy and am not complaining but just wondering has it been happening to others and if they had heard anything from an post about the delays.

Mod: I’ve merged this into the thread on the first page, interestingly titled An Post delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Some of my parcels are sitting in Athlone for a day or two before being delivered. An post are working Saturdays leading up to Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

mickuhaha wrote: »
    Some of my parcels are sitting in Athlone for a day or two before being delivered. An post are working Saturdays leading up to Xmas.

Saturday's and Sundays.
    Full delivery Saturday, parcel only delivery on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Anyone know if they're doing collections on Saturdays early this year due to the increased amount of post being sent? My local post office was a mad house yesterday evening.

Normally they would do it the two Saturdays before Christmas I think, and that's what the site says (no info listed before the 14th) but maybe someone has inside info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Saturday's and Sundays.
    Full delivery Saturday, parcel only delivery on Sundays.

Well not according to our postman. He said they have the option of doing a Saturday delivery OR a Sunday delivery but whichever they do they have to pick up the mail on the Saturday.

May be different around the country but I doubt it?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I had an Amazon package delivered last week, it was a few days early, guess it was just luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I had an Amazon package delivered last week, it was a few days early, guess it was just luck

Was that delivered by an Post, or Amazon themselves? They seem to have their own delivery folks doing most of them now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Heebie wrote: »
    Was that delivered by an Post, or Amazon themselves? They seem to have their own delivery folks doing most of them now.

was brought on Amazon, delivered by An Post though

Advertisement