Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ruffmut

I was onto an post support this morning about my amazon parcel that was sorted in dublin on the 14th Dec. They are blaming Covid for the delay and could not give me an estimated delivery.

I was onto Amazon and they have refuned me for it. I have noticed though that after this order I signed up to amazon prime. All my orders since are getting delivered within a week. Prime must be getting priority over non prime packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

ruffmut wrote: »
    I was onto an post support this morning about my amazon parcel that was sorted in dublin on the 14th Dec. They are blaming Covid for the delay and could not give me an estimated delivery.

I was onto Amazon and they have refuned me for it. I have noticed though that after this order I signed up to amazon prime. All my orders since are getting delivered within a week. Prime must be getting priority over non prime packages.

That really is one of the main reasons for using Prime.

Non prime customers get sub standard couriers like iParcel, ascendia and Fastway along with much slower picking times.

My Amazon Prime story this week is that Prime deliveries with An Post seem to have settled down to a week. Longer picking times at the Amazon end, quicker to get scanned by An Post at Dublin but then a 4 day wait for delivery. In the past once it was scanned in Dublin stuff down to Waterford took 24 hours or less to be out for delivery.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

How are delays lately,

I'm a small packet coming from Spain hasn't updated since the 5th where it was ready for export from there,

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

le_girl wrote: »
    By some miracle, they're all out for delivery here in Limerick this morning. Thank god for that. Must be a sign that the delays are clearing a bit cos they weren't delayed that much in the end.

how long were u waiting for them?!! im 12 days waiting for a uk parcel not even in an post system yet 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭manna452121

how long were u waiting for them?!! im 12 days waiting for a uk parcel not even in an post system yet ��

I am waiting 12 days for a parcel sent from Dún Laoghaire.It seems that Amazon are getting priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Waiting for a week now for a parcel that left Koln. Hope it's here by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

On the 4th November Easons sent me a book. On the 6th November an post sent me an email Saying that my book had been delivered and signed for by a particular person in Loughrea sorting office in Galway. I’m in Kilkenny. I’ve been on to them twice and they’re denying that it was ‘delivered’, just mis sorted. It’s just a book but that’s not the point. It’s been signed for and now I don’t know where it is. I use parcel post a fair bit and this type of thing with stuff going missing doesn’t inspire much confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They seem to be playing hot potato with one of my parcels today in Dublin I've been waiting for it since it departed Liverpool on the 10th and turned up in Dublin today.

23 November 2020 17:04

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

23 November 2020 16:58

We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

23 November 2020 16:29

23 November 2020 16:02

23 November 2020 15:09

23 November 2020 14:59

23 November 2020 14:25

23 November 2020 13:43

23 November 2020 13:37

23 November 2020 13:13

23 November 2020 13:06

23 November 2020 12:52

23 November 2020 12:47

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

how long were u waiting for them?!! im 12 days waiting for a uk parcel not even in an post system yet ��

I am waiting 12 days for a parcel sent from Dún Laoghaire.It seems that Amazon are getting priority.

Mine weren't Amazon. They were from America via USPS.

My last delivery from the UK (not Amazon either) was sent on the 13th, showed up on An Post tracking on the 15th and delivered on the 18th. But maybe it was a slightly faster Royal Mail service, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

how long were u waiting for them?!! im 12 days waiting for a uk parcel not even in an post system yet 🙄

Im on day 22 from first point in ireland. I ordered 26 days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

emeldc wrote: »
    On the 4th November Easons sent me a book. On the 6th November an post sent me an email Saying that my book had been delivered and signed for by a particular person in Loughrea sorting office in Galway. I’m in Kilkenny. I’ve been on to them twice and they’re denying that it was ‘delivered’, just mis sorted. It’s just a book but that’s not the point. It’s been signed for and now I don’t know where it is. I use parcel post a fair bit and this type of thing with stuff going missing doesn’t inspire much confidence.

If it's a 6pm or 2pm "signature" then yes that is an internal thing. So many new staff that mis directs will happen.

I don't see any posts where an item didn't eventually get delivered.

BTW, an post delivery volume hit over 2m parcels last week. Highest ever. So as said before, we all just need some extra patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

Hi
    Does anyone know how long standard post from Germany is taking these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Darc19 wrote: »
    If it's a 6pm or 2pm "signature" then yes that is an internal thing. So many new staff that mis directs will happen.

BTW, an post delivery volume hit over 2m parcels last week. Highest ever. So as said before, we all just need some extra patience.
    Yes it was signed for just before 2pm in Galway on the 5th. I entered the tracking number there again and it now says it was redirected to Dublin on the 13th. This is the 3rd time in a Dublin sorting office and twice in Galway. I don’t mind waiting but I have to assume it’s just sitting there for the last 10 days. I’ll definitely post back if and when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

They seem to be playing hot potato with one of my parcels today in Dublin I've been waiting for it since it departed Liverpool on the 10th and turned up in Dublin today.

23 November 2020 17:04

23 November 2020 16:58

23 November 2020 16:29

23 November 2020 16:02

23 November 2020 15:09

23 November 2020 14:59

23 November 2020 14:25

23 November 2020 13:43

23 November 2020 13:37

23 November 2020 13:13

23 November 2020 13:06

23 November 2020 12:52

23 November 2020 12:47

sorry but that’s hilarious!!!! they must be totally stressed!!! good its in d12 though anything i have that goes there usually arrives the next day, im also glad to see it arrived there is hope for mine yet left heathrow 10th nov ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I have something coming Royal Mail international (Small Parcels) that the last update the seller has was that it entered Ireland on the 22nd of October, after being posted on the 19th of October. He redid the item and posted out a replacement on the 12th of November and there's no sign of that yet either but I'm not too worried about that yet.

You'd hope that the one from October is sitting in a cage in a sorting office or a DSU somewhere but after four weeks I'm not too hopeful. :(

The only other references or timeframes I have for a Royal Mail to Ireland are a a small parcel from just outside Glasgow posted on the 26th of October and delivered to me the 3rd of November, and a letter sized envelope posted the 9th and delivered the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

My Mom is waiting on her pension checks from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

23 November 2020 16:19

Your delivery has been sorted in PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

20 November 2020 10:28

Your delivery has been sorted in LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK

20 November 2020 09:25

We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the sender. LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK

16 November 2020 22:23

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

16 November 2020 21:27

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

16 November 2020 21:26

Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Looks like mine is heading back to Germany alright (unless they sent it to Portlaoise to decode the eircode???)
    Ciara 10:46 - there could be an issue with the address, one moment and I will track this
    Ciara 10:47 - this item is on the way back to the sender due to an incomplete address. we deliver by address and not eircode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Called in to my local Post Office today. Why is it that all the parcels that the public post are left outside in the public area of the office. Is there nowhere inside where these can be stored?

There was enough parcels piled high to fill a small van. This was only one suburban post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well I'm glad Amazon have given up on An Post (see below) - had a few parcels ordered from then now in the past week, 2 days after ordering its at the door with Fastway (and in the past I would groan if it was sent by them)

Even better you get a text saying arriving today and the tracking shows where the courier is with an estimated time (and how many more stops he has) for when it will arrive - why can't An Post have this being the biggest courier company in the country?

Proviso - Amazon were offering another (think this is the third or fourth time, had a few for a euro as well) free months trial of Prime. Even ended up cancelling an order from a week ago that wasn't due for delivery til the 30th and reordered it this Sunday gone - will be here tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

fritzelly wrote: »
    Well I'm glad Amazon have given up on An Post (see below) - had a few parcels ordered from then now in the past week, 2 days after ordering its at the door with Fastway (and in the past I would groan if it was sent by them)

Even better you get a text saying arriving today and the tracking shows where the courier is with an estimated time (and how many more stops he has) for when it will arrive - why can't An Post have this being the biggest courier company in the country?

Proviso - Amazon were offering another (think this is the third or fourth time, had a few for a euro as well) free months trial of Prime. Even ended up cancelling an order from a week ago that wasn't due for delivery til the 30th and reordered it this Sunday gone - will be here tomorrow!

An post certainly send me texts and I can track the van, but it hasn't been rolled out in all units yet.

Fastway must be trialing this too, but not in my area yet

Again and again, the volume of parcels is gigantic at present, people simply need a basic level of patience.

It takes Amazon a week and more to dispatch parcels and no one moans, but more than 3 or 4 days for delivery and its Armageddon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

An post certainly send me texts and I can track the van, but it hasn't been rolled out in all units yet.

Fastway must be trialing this too, but not in my area yet

Again and again, the volume of parcels is gigantic at present, people simply need a basic level of patience.

It takes Amazon a week and more to dispatch parcels and no one moans, but more than 3 or 4 days for delivery and its Armageddon

I have Amazon Prime and it never takes a week or more to dispatch parcels parcels are now here next day or at most 2 days if item is in stock brilliant service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

The postman finally delivered my package today, just over 2 weeks after it was despatched. It spent 11 days sitting in Frankfurt and made it to Dublin on Friday. I'm just glad it got here (it wasn't particularly important, thankfully) but it is a lesson learned. If anybody wants to buy anything online this side of Christmas, pay extra and use a courier if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GreyAlien

fritzelly wrote: »

Amazon definitely haven't given up on An Post in this neck of the woods. 90% of stuff ordered from amazon is still being delivered by An Post here. Instead of next day delivery when it hits Ireland, typically it's 2 days now. Still not too bad, seeing as it takes amazon often well over a week to dispatch something, unless you're a prime paying customer. :mad:

Maybe it varies depending on region. I'd be in an urban area, but not in Dublin.

Just had a big ticket item delivered by the postman this morning from amazon. Amazon estimated at time of dispatch (Friday) it'd be today and it was. It hit Dublin over the weekend, which isn't awful delivery time all things considered. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Tork wrote: »
    The postman finally delivered my package today, just over 2 weeks after it was despatched. It spent 11 days sitting in Frankfurt and made it to Dublin on Friday. I'm just glad it got here (it wasn't particularly important, thankfully) but it is a lesson learned. If anybody wants to buy anything online this side of Christmas, pay extra and use a courier if you can.

I bought some Christmas food items from Austria last Wednesday. They were shipped with UPS on Thursday and arrived yesterday morning.

I'm still waiting on a present that was sent from Galway at the same time with An Post.

I haven't had any issues with DPD either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

GreyAlien wrote: »
    Amazon definitely haven't given up on An Post in this neck of the woods. 90% of stuff ordered from amazon is still being delivered by amazon here. Instead of next day delivery when it hits Ireland, typically it's 2 days now. Still not too bad, seeing as it takes amazon often well over a week to dispatch something, unless you're a prime paying customer. :mad:

I'm in Dublin, all my Amazon orders have been deliverd by Amazon Logistics in the last month. I'm impressed so far, none of them have been late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fmlusps

I ordered a package from the US and chose express delivery which was 3-5 business days. Obviously its been well beyond that time. The last update says it was dispatched from sorting centre in Dublin. I used webchat to ask an post about it - and just to enquire about what that means ie is it in ireland or not. The person just read my message and closed the chat. Even a generic reply about delays would have been appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Parcel I was waiting for from Germany finally arrived in Dublin parcel hub at 2am this morning. Exactly 1 week from leaving Koln to arriving in Dublin. Now let's see how long it takes to come to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭manna452121

Its not like that An Post did not see this coming,volumes are going up from the first lockdown,they are now using an overflow warehouse to hold items for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

How long should it take to deliver an Amazon return package express post from Dublin 15 to portlaoise return center,an post tracking shows sorted in Dublin hub for the last 2days ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

If anyone is ordering clothes for kids, I'd recommend ordering a size bigger.

Advertisement