Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Look what I found in this document:

1.4 By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.

But I thought they were trying to abolish private ownership of property by 2030???? Oh dear, doesn't quite work with the "UN are going to confiscate our property" conspiracy does it.
    It's so odd how often conspiracy theories are contradicted or debunked just by reading the original documents conspiracy theorists provide.

It's probably the reason none of them have actually read the book.
    Otherwise they might not believe the conspiracy...

Look what I found in this document:

1.4 By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.

But I thought they were trying to abolish private ownership of property by 2030???? Oh dear, doesn't quite work with the "UN are going to confiscate our property" conspiracy does it.
    Not only that, property ownership is a fundamental part of their declaration of human rights. So them actively undermining their own fundamentals would be a tad odd.

https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/#:~:text=Article%2017.,arbitrarily%20deprived%20of%20his%20property.

Not only that, property ownership is a fundamental part of their declaration of human rights. So them actively undermining their own fundamentals would be a tad odd.

https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/#:~:text=Article%2017.,arbitrarily%20deprived%20of%20his%20property.
    Yea, but that's obviously a lie cause they tweeted a link to an article... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I don't tend to spend much time thinking of CT's but as for the Great Reset, I listened to the economist Dani Rodrik talking about Moore's law and the next industrial age. He speaks about how while technology experiences Moore's Law, institutions and societies don't. Hence, there's a lag in terms of the technology that is developed and the rate at which it is absorbed into society. Perhaps this gives credence to a Great Reset whereby we suffer a short term hit for long term gain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

For me, the Great Reset is pretty straightforward:

The response to a virus with a 99.8% survival rate is to, to paraphrase Schwab, revamp every aspect of our societies, introduce a new economic system, monumental changes, and to never go back to normal.

If people consider that a proportionate response then so be it. I don't. That's it in a nutshell really.

• Advertisement

Fodla wrote: »
    The response to a virus with a 99.8% survival rate is to, to paraphrase Schwab, revamp every aspect of our societies, introduce a new economic system, monumental changes, and to never go back to normal.
    That's not what he says though. That's a very dishonest misrepresentation.

Especially since you haven't actually read the book.

Why have you not read it and when do you plan on reading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The "great reset" meeting next year is really just a global discussion forum, we've had them before. A bunch of guidelines and suggestions to attempt to make certain things better (e.g. the environment). It's really not much different from your office having a meeting on changes/suggestions to the office due to Covid, except that it's like a global meeting.

Paranoid and scared people on the internet are fantasizing and projecting that it's something else, something scary, which of course it isn't. This is simply what they do, they do it for every event, every time, and this is no different.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The "great reset" meeting next year is really just a global discussion forum, we've had them before. A bunch of guidelines and suggestions to attempt to make certain things better (e.g. the environment). It's really not much different from your office having a meeting on changes/suggestions to the office due to Covid, except that it's like a global meeting.

Paranoid and scared people on the internet are fantasizing and projecting that it's something else, something scary, which of course it isn't. This is simply what they do, they do it for every event, every time, and this is no different.

With respect, it's clearly not just a global discussion forum. What kind a global discussion forum is preceded by warnings of never going back to normal, threats of monumental changes, a push for radically changing the current economic system, climate lockdowns being floated, a push for digital currencies, and a whole book on the theme of the event?

and a whole book on the theme of the event?
    Have you read this book?
    You keep dodging when you're asked, which I think makes it a bit obvious you haven't but don't want to admit that.

https://twitter.com/ng_eso/status/1331630079257038849

Electricity shortages. What a surprise. Food shortages next.

I guess electricity shortages are just another coincidence to add to the long list. Build back better Biden (or is that Trudeau? Or Johnson? Or whomever else just happens to be saying it this week) did warn of a dark winter. Come to think of it, so did Johnson, Sanchéz in Spain, and Merkel. All the same words. Another coincidence.

• Advertisement

What kind a global discussion forum is preceded by warnings of never going back to normal, threats of monumental changes, a push for radically changing the current economic system, climate lockdowns being floated, a push for digital currencies, and a whole book on the theme of the event?

It isn't preceded by any of that stuff. You are just falling for the conspiracy disinfo about the event.

If people consider that a proportionate response then so be it. I don't. That's it in a nutshell really.

Weird, you've ignored multiple responses that have addressed loads of your claims...

It's winter, many people are working from home, electricity consumption is higher.

Once again, you seem to view everything through a terrified paranoid prism.

I guess electricity shortages are just another coincidence to add to the long list. Build back better Biden (or is that Trudeau? Or Johnson? Or whomever else just happens to be saying it this week) did warn of a dark winter. Come to think of it, so did Johnson, Sanchéz in Spain, and Merkel. All the same words. Another coincidence.
    Now you're just deflecting and using this forum to spam and link dump stuff.

You haven't read the book. That much is clear.

Why should anyone take you claims seriously when you're too lazy to do the most basic research?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If you actually read those tweets it does't mention a single word about electricity shortages. That's just your rampant conspiracy brain running away with itself again. The tweet mentions they are going to increase the buffer due to higher demand. That's it. It must be awful for you to be constantly living in fear of things you just make up in your head.

You're just making this all up in your head. Like you made up the part about the UN Agenda 2030 is about eliminating private property ownership and that property will be confiscated off of every human on the planet in the next 10 years. You've already been shown that the Agenda 2030 actually says the exact opposite of your claims but you've ignored that. From the Agenda 2030 document itself Page 19:

By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.

You're just making this all up in your head. Like you made up the part about the UN Agenda 2030 is about eliminating private property ownership and that property will be confiscated off of every human on the plant in the next 10 years. You've already been shown that the Agenda 2030 actually says the exact opposite of your claims but you've ignored that. From the Agenda 2030 document itself:

By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance.

I'll respond to your post about Agenda 21 later. Sorry, I forgot to reply.

But if you get a chance then watch 'Agenda 21 for Dummies' (I sent you a link). I found it to be very informative.

No, you didn't "forget to reply" you ignored the question.
    You have dodged a long list of questions you can't address honestly.
    You did this many times then tried to play innocent before as well.

It's very silly and makes you seem very childish.

An honest thing to do would be to just answer the questions directly or admit you can't answer them.
    But you and conspiracy theorists aren't very honest people...

But if you get a chance then watch 'Agenda 21 for Dummies' (I sent you a link). I found it to be very informative.

I'd rather read the source document and make my own judgement than watch a conspiracy video.

I'd rather read the source document and make my own judgement than watch a conspiracy video.

But it's not sufficient to just read the source document, in my opinion. It's very complicated and extensive. But fair enough.

• Advertisement

But it's not sufficient to just read the source document, in my opinion. It's very complicated and extensive. But fair enough.

Well watching conspiracy oriented videos is only going to give you the conspiracy angle to the exclusion of reason and logic. I know exactly what to expect from a conspiracy video as they are all the same - wild accusations unsupported by evidence or proof, lies, misrepresentations and good old fashioned references to "them" and "elites" - rinse and repeat. Why do you keep referring to conspiracy videos all the time? My guess is that you are not really interested in the reasoned or logical approach but are very attracted to the conspiracy theory angle.

Also could you address the point about Agenda 2030 which you claimed is about the UN stripping every human on the planet of private ownership rights by 2030 when the document itself says the exact opposite??

And now it's pretty obvious you have not read the source document either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/jy7lcw/greek_prime_minister_got_the_great_reset_book_on/

https://caldronpool.com/covid-19-the-great-reset-spotted-in-australian-health-ministers-bookcase/

They both just happening to be reading Schwab's book, just like they all just happen to be using the same slogan of 'build back better'.

They both just happening to be reading Schwab's book.
    Why haven't you read the book?

King Mob wrote: »
    Why haven't you read the book?

He read a review on Amazon and cherry picked alleged quotes from the book. Come on, what more do you want???

He read a review on Amazon and cherry picked alleged quotes from the book. Come on, what more do you want???

I haven't read it, but if you're looking for a review than you can ask the Prime Minister of Greece and the Australian Health Minister for one. They both just happen to have the book.

I haven't read it, but if you're looking for a review than you can ask the Prime Minister of Greece and the Australian Health Minister for one. They both just happen to have the book.

So what. Are politicians not allowed have particular books? Do you wish to censor people from reading certain books that you don't like? By the way you still haven't responded to the Agenda 2030 point where you claimed it is about the UN stripping every human on the planet of private ownership rights by 2030 when the document itself says the exact opposite??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

What's all the talk about books and documents to read, isn't there some website from the WEF crowd themselves that outlines the Great Reset in simple short sharp snippets, without trekking off to a local library or black fridaying in some tree chopped down books.

What's all the talk about books and documents to read, isn't there some website from the WEF crowd themselves that outlines the Great Reset in simple short sharp snippets, without trekking off to a local library or black fridaying in some tree chopped down books.

Yes, but paranoid and deluded people can interpret things completely differently

An example was given earlier where the author mentioned "global surveillance" and one of the readers immediately assumed it was some form of nefarious worldwide global surveillance of civilians, etc. It wasn't, it was a reference to surveillance of the virus.

Some people are unable to process information properly. And there's a market for that.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yes, but paranoid and deluded people can interpret things completely differently

An example was given earlier where the author mentioned "global surveillance" and one of the readers immediately assumed it was some form of nefarious worldwide global surveillance of civilians, etc. It wasn't, it was a reference to surveillance of the virus.

Some people are unable to process information properly. And there's a market for that.

But don't you find it odd that they'd be reading your man's book?

Advertisement