Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Correct decision about Laurina. She should make a decent broodmare. Wonder will she make a visit to Gallileo down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

In fairness to Mick Fitz, he said Long Run would not be beaten in the 2011 Gold Cup and he was right. Maybe its the last winner he tipped :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looking forward to seeing Concertista out at the weekend - hopefully the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »

At the end of the day Shiskin beat 3 horses today, and at 1/6 was expected to. He might turn out to be the next Altior or Sprinter Sacre, but they are both tough acts to follow.

Good point and having watched the race again, the horse in second was schooling and just making sure it finished the race after its fall the previous day. All eyes were obviously drawn to Shiskin but Cobdon visibly took at least one pull on Mick Pastor and just coaxed him around. Shiskin looked smart and clever and smooth but his jumping will have been under more pressure during a schooling session, plenty of questions to be answered just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Good point and having watched the race again, the horse in second was schooling and just making sure it finished the race after its fall the previous day. All eyes were obviously drawn to Shiskin but Cobdon visibly took at least one pull on Mick Pastor and just coaxed him around. Shiskin looked smart and clever and smooth but his jumping will have been under more pressure during a schooling session, plenty of questions to be answered just yet.

Mick Pastor is a plot horse for Cheltenham. Wasnt he well fancied last year but didnt really perform, keep an eye on him.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Mick Pastor is a plot horse for Cheltenham. Wasnt he well fancied last year but didnt really perform, keep an eye on him.

sssshhhh :D;)

Looking forward to seeing Concertista out at the weekend - hopefully the Sunday!

Very interesting if she runs against Ballyadam. If Ballyadam hoses up then he'll almost certainly go to the Supreme but if he loses they might divert him to the Ballymore trip and Ferny Hollow will shorten.

Flinteur Sacre is out on Friday and he is sure to win, he'll shorten a tonne as well.

I love Ballyadam and I have him as a Supreme horse and Ferny a Ballymore, so it'd suit me well if he wins, but you'd nearly have to fancy Concertista at the price.

Shewearsitwell too, very interesting although you'd wonder will she run.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

Coneygree wrote:

Mullins said it was the plan a few weeks ago, I think she's very interesting here

Coneygree wrote: »

famagusta wrote: »
    Mullins said it was the plan a few weeks ago, I think she's very interesting here

She also has an entry in the Grade 2 Mares race on Saturday, which strangely enough is actually worth more money than the Royal Bond.

If she goes to the Royal Bond and wins or even comes close she could end up being redirected to the Supreme. The Mares Novice bet could be in ****e!

• Advertisement

Coneygree wrote: »
    If she goes to the Royal Bond and wins or even comes close she could end up being redirected to the Supreme. The Mares Novice bet could be in ****e!

I know :eek: its all that keeps me awake at night, I don't think I have ever been in so deep Ante post on a horse before.

Had a sickness insurance bet for the Supreme last night @ 25/1 and should be able to cash out on either or when it gets closer to the time, because its Mullins in particular they will leave her in the Mares betting regardless of the result or what Mullins says and the cash out option will be there, and for some healthy profits as well.

She is 2/1 for the Royal Bond but not all books opened, that would be a bet on the day for me, too many gears for Ballyadam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tuam

Look back at Willies previous runners in the royal bond. He never has the very good ones ready this time of the year. His runners in this don’t have a good track record at Cheltenham. I could be wrong but I think she is a good summer horse that hasn’t met proper opposition yet.

Tuam wrote: »
    Look back at Willies previous runners in the royal bond. He never has the very good ones ready this time of the year. His runners in this don’t have a good track record at Cheltenham. I could be wrong but I think she is a good summer horse that hasn’t met proper opposition yet.

He has won the race with two subsequent championship winners in Hurricane Fly and Nichols Canyon for starters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tuam

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He has won the race with two subsequent championship winners in Hurricane Fly and Nichols Canyon for starters!

Hurricane Fly an exception and NC won 3 years later at Cheltenham over 3m in a poor stayers hurdle. Willie will have at least two better than shewearsitwell for supreme. Also you didn’t see Hurricane and NC run in sligo and tipperary over the summer

Tuam wrote: »
    Hurricane Fly an exception and NC won 3 years later at Cheltenham over 3m in a poor stayers hurdle. Willie will have at least two better than shewearsitwell for supreme. Also you didn’t see Hurricane and NC run in sligo and tipperary over the summer

Champagne Fever is another exception, and I am sure there are others that I cant recall.

As someone who is balls deep in this girl for the mares novice I certainly hope you are right regarding what Mullins has but I very much doubt it.

The race in Tipperary was a Graded race and Mullins has run plenty of his top horses in it down through the years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Big guns still in the Drinmore and Hattons Grace. Rest of the field in each race is pretty meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Not a great start for Apples Shakira II there at Newbury...............

Apples Shakira?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

referring to a hype machine that almost certainly wont turn out to be much good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

akelly02 wrote: »
    referring to a hype machine that almost certainly wont turn out to be much good

Colours
    Trainer
    Hype

• Advertisement

Bubble absolutely bursht for Flinteur. My own fault for being greedy when the price was there. Onward!

Good performance that.

The Mig wrote: »
    Good performance that.

tyme hill looked very good

dont write paisley park off either, he was giving him 3 pounds , and storms up the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

tyme hill looked very good

dont write paisley park off either, he was giving him 3 pounds , and storms up the hill

Paisley hit a flat spot - as normal really

abarkie wrote: »
    Paisley hit a flat spot - as normal really

thyme hill will be hard to beat if he progresses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

thyme hill will be hard to beat if he progresses

Don't disagree, but was getting 3lb wasn't he?

abarkie wrote: »
    Don't disagree, but was getting 3lb wasn't he?

Correct

that would pretty much leave them side by side

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Monkfish form boosted.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Correct

Emma Lavelle reckons he'll improve about 7Ibs for today's run. Would be fascinating if they clashed again in the Long Walk at Ascot next month or the Cleeve Hurdle at Cheltenham in January, although more likely we'll have to wait until March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Correct

Thyme Hill open to way more more improvement than Paisley Park.

Advertisement