Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

No problem again here with amazon. Dispatched wed, arrived in dublin yesterday and down to waterford and to the door this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

spookwoman wrote: »
    No problem again here with amazon. Dispatched wed, arrived in dublin yesterday and down to waterford and to the door this morning

With An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

fritzelly wrote: »
    With An Post?

Yep previous one dispatched sunday night and got it wednesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

VG31 wrote: »
    I had a parcel and a letter come with Austrian Post in June/July, Both took around three weeks.

An post chat tld me tday international post taking up to 11 days at least!!! they all saying different things, but obviously they must be buried in parcels!! im day 11 now, royal mail insist its left uk, im believing them!! dreading xmas shops be manic & u wont know if online shopping will arrive if an post are the carriers!...child who wants a ps5 ahhh its a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

An post chat tld me tday international post taking up to 11 days at least!!! they all saying different things, but obviously they must be buried in parcels!! im day 11 now, royal mail insist its left uk, im believing them!! dreading xmas shops be manic & u wont know if online shopping will arrive if an post are the carriers!...child who wants a ps5 ahhh its a nightmare

At this stage their chat team and customer service reps are so overwhelmed, they started throwing around with made up numbers.

For the next few weeks I am going to get all my stuff sent to Parcelmotel.

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    I ordered a valuable item from amazon uk on the 12th. It has an An Post tracking number but was never registered in their system. Its since gone missing.

mine ‘left’ uk heathrow on 10th, also nothing on an post website, they are now saying at least 11 days for items to be scanned so maybe ur parcels not missing just in a big cage with mine!! and a million others!

Gally79 wrote: »
    At this stage their chat team and customer service reps are so overwhelmed, they started throwing around with made up numbers.

For the next few weeks I am going to get all my stuff sent to Parcelmotel.

forgive my ignorance but how does parcelmotel work? ive never used, how does stuff come faster!!!

forgive my ignorance but how does parcelmotel work? ive never used, how does stuff come faster!!!

Best to check them out via https://my.parcelmotel.com/home

I am getting all my items which i am ordering from outside Ireland delivered to Parcelmotel (based in the UK - Antrim).

Just check the link, its very handy.

Royal Mail seems to be more reliable than AnPost at the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

i dont think it comes faster imo.

but if you google parcel motel and go to the website it does explain much better than i can but here goes.

you basicly order anything you like from england, mainly when they wont ship to ireland (but also can be used to get cheaper shipping).you give the parcel motel northern ireland address.
    The company you bought from posts it there and parcel motel post it to you for a fee of 4.50.then you collect it at one of there pm lockers that are everywhere.

personally i think people are impatient they want everything yesterday.the amount of people ordering online is unprecedented so there are bound to be delays.

• Advertisement

i dont think it comes faster imo.

Based on personal experience i think its faster however for sure its more reliable at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Arrived Dublin sorting centre Sunday morning. Delivered Cork Friday. Amazon shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Based on personal experience i think its faster however for sure its more reliable at the moment.

From experience lately parcel motel is much faster than anpost. They use couriers (nightline) which in my experience have proven to be one of the most reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Waiting for another parcel from Koln now. Hasn't moved for 4 days and isn't showing on An Post tracking. Another wait me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Ciara 10:47 - this item is on the way back to the sender due to an incomplete address. we deliver by address and not eircode

Customer Service doesn't know what they are talking about .

There are systems in place in each delivery office to find out what address Eircode refers to .

At most it should only cause a day's delay to an item being delivered .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

SPDUB wrote: »
    Customer Service doesn't know what they are talking about .

There are systems in place in each delivery office to find out what address Eircode refers to .

At most it should only cause a day's delay to an item being delivered .

Not according to the online tracking system:
    20 November 2020 10:28 - Your delivery has been sorted in LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK

20 November 2020 09:25 - We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the sender. LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK

16 November 2020 22:23 - Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

16 November 2020 21:27 - We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

16 November 2020 21:26 - Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Customer support log:
    Ciara 10:44 - Hi, MY NAME how can we help ?
    Me 10:44 - Looking at the tracking info it says "We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the sender."
    But I have been home all morning and I don't believe they tried to deliver it?
    Ciara 10:46 - there could be an issue with the address, one moment and I will track this
    Ciara 10:47 - this item is on the way back to the sender due to an incomplete address. we deliver by address and not eircode
    Me 10:47 - Can we correct it in the system?
    Me 10:47 - Or am SOL?
    Ciara 10:47 - we cannot, it is on the way back I am afraid ��
    Me 10:48 - Oh the irony "we deliver by address and not eircode" - ok I will chase up the sender.

To be fair I do not know what is addressed on the physical parcel. But my order invoice has my complete address except the street name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

VG31 wrote: »
    It has actually been delivered now. I looked at the tracking number on An Post and there was nothing before out for delivery. It only took about 2.5 weeks so that's pretty good.

Thats good to hear, are you in Dublin?

Waiting for another parcel from Koln now. Hasn't moved for 4 days and isn't showing on An Post tracking. Another wait me thinks.

i ordered a school book from an irish company on thursday arrived with dpd on my doorstep at 8am this morning, now thats good service, 11 days now waiting for an post to scan in my parcel from uk🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I was in the GPO a couple of weeks and there were three at least three An Post workers whose sole job seemed to be directing people to the correct counter. They were standing around, chatting to each other with masks down around their chins. They sent me to the wrong counter and had all the appearance of caricatures of lazy, public sector workers who do the bare minimum. An Post have zero chance of competing with the agile, well oiled organisations like Amazon and other 21st century businesses.

Dante7 wrote: »
    I was in the GPO a couple of weeks and there were three at least three An Post workers whose sole job seemed to be directing people to the correct counter. They were standing around, chatting to each other with masks down around their chins. They sent me to the wrong counter and had all the appearance of caricatures of lazy, public sector workers who do the bare minimum. An Post have zero chance of competing with the agile, well oiled organisations like Amazon and other 21st century businesses.

Agreed. Time to privatize AnPost or on board a competitor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

LfcIreland wrote: »
    Thats good to hear, are you in Dublin?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micke_doepse

As many others here, I'm waiting for a parcel from Germany. Last update was November 12 in Cologne, nothing happening since. God bless I found this thread here, as I was worried that shipment with a bday present gone missing.
    My last delivery from Germany was back in September and it took 6 days from dispatch to being delivered at my door.

As many others here, I'm waiting for a parcel from Germany. Last update was November 12 in Cologne, nothing happening since. God bless I found this thread here, as I was worried that shipment with a bday present gone missing.
    My last delivery from Germany was back in September and it took 6 days from dispatch to being delivered at my door.

it seems from other posts and an posts twitter that parcels dispatched from around the 8th, 9th,10th,11th,12th are just in limbo!!! i was also ao worried that it was just me! i want to order xmas presents for my kids but im way to nervous to use an post, the week previously to 9th nov i got a parcel delivered from uk in 5 days!!! so i dunno what has happened with this particular period of time?!!! did the plane carrying all the post fly over the bermuda triangle?? so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

i ordered a school book from an irish company on thursday arrived with dpd on my doorstep at 8am this morning, now thats good service, 11 days now waiting for an post to scan in my parcel from uk🙄

How do you know it has left the uk?

Massive delays at Heathrow and dramatically lower number of flights, so like any international parcel it possibly is just waiting for space.

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Not according to the online tracking system:

Customer support log:

To be fair I do not know what is addressed on the physical parcel. But my order invoice has my complete address except the street name.

Doesn't change the fact that she shouldn't have said that .

Assuming the Eircode on it was fully visible and accurate it is part of someone's job to look up what address the Eircode refers to in Little Island office

Agreed. Time to privatize AnPost or on board a competitor

Any company is perfectly free to set up a competitor

And if you think privatizing An Post would help customer service then there is a bunch of Royal mail customers that would like to talk to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

SPDUB wrote: »
    Doesn't change the fact that she shouldn't have said that .

Assuming the Eircode on it was fully visible and accurate it is part of someone's job to look up what address the Eircode refers to in Little Island office

The Eircode might not have been easily visible I've had problems with DPD deliberately missing out the Eircode by either crossing it out - no kidding - or putting their own address label over the top that doesn't include the Eircode. Had a call back in the Summer from a DPD driver didn't have a clue where I was because there was no Eircode (funny the drivers use it) and when it arrived I could just see the Eircode under a second label. Luckily they'd bothered to include the phone number which Amazon always seem to do for stuff that doesn't go with An Post.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Darc19 wrote: »
    How do you know it has left the uk?

Massive delays at Heathrow and dramatically lower number of flights, so like any international parcel it possibly is just waiting for space.

i contacted Royal Mail who assured me it had 100% left the UK and to be honest i believe them!! they are very efficient and i know there are a shortage of flights, but its deffo sitting somewhere in a cage here!!!! just my opinion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

i contacted Royal Mail who assured me it had 100% left the UK and to be honest i believe them!! they are very efficient and i know there are a shortage of flights, but its deffo sitting somewhere in a cage here!!!! just my opinion!!

Royal mail will only know that it has scanned at the exit point. They would not know if it physically had left Heathrow.

Same with all international mail in all countries. It scans at the departure "check in" for want of a better word, but can sit for weeks (as per USA earlier this year) in the "departure lounge"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The Eircode might not have been easily visible I've had problems with DPD deliberately missing out the Eircode by either crossing it out - no kidding - or putting their own address label over the top that doesn't include the Eircode. Had a call back in the Summer from a DPD driver didn't have a clue where I was because there was no Eircode (funny the drivers use it) and when it arrived I could just see the Eircode under a second label. Luckily they'd bothered to include the phone number which Amazon always seem to do for stuff that doesn't go with An Post.

The drivers normally use Google maps on their mobiles as the courier companies can't integrate Eircode into the systems.

Advertisement