Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well f**k you harvey norman,been refreshing the site on my desktop every now and then since 9. Its still down.

Just happened to check my phone and the mobile site is fine,its still down on desktop.

Well that was the last chance to try nab one before Christmas. Retailers must be making a killing this year,electronics are selling in a big way this.

Want to get a laptop on black Friday but the way things are going who knows what will be in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

CSF wrote: »
    No I got it today. I was wondering how quick it moved for the people who got it early afternoon yesterday.

Ah ok. We're in the same boat so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone with Gamestop Disc version get a delivery in Dublin yet?

Have a feeling there is going to be a lot of annoyed people on here later today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RareMan

So, I'm currently in the (virtual) queue in Gamestop in Santry. I managed to get a booking in at around 16:10 on the day that official preorders opened. (16/09/2020, I think?)

Did anyone get any sort of an indication as to the numbers sold in Gamestop? I wonder how long it will take for my number to be called. It would be mental to think that it may take months for me to get it, even though I got my preorder in the day pre orders opened!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Unearthly wrote: »
    Feck, hopefully it gets sorted soon

Haven't called me back yet but it's back to saying available later today instead of available now. Hoping thsts a good sign...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone with Gamestop Disc version get a delivery in Dublin yet?

Have a feeling there is going to be a lot of annoyed people on here later today!

No. But I only got the shipping email at 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

RedXIV wrote: »
    No. But I only got the shipping email at 1pm

Haven't got the shipping email yet myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Haven't got the shipping email yet myself

Only got my shipping email in the last hour but days its sitting "scheduled for delivery" since 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got my delivery from UPS at 13:50 today.

I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones that didn't have any problems with gamestop.

Although I guess the console could spontaniously combust before I get the chance to play a game so I shouldn't count my chickens yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Is anyone else waiting on DPD with the message “Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network
    Head Office”

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

I've two PS5s getting delivered to my house today. One for a Christmas present for my son and the other one is for a mate who I gave a pre-order to. I can't play either of them. I didn't think I would mind but now I'm raging!

I'm in the same boat, had no interest but collected 2 this morning and want one now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Is anyone else waiting on DPD with the message “Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network
    Head Office”

?

Mine did say that but updated a couple of hours ago to out for delivery. I guess they’ll have vans leaving at different times through the day.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Only got my shipping email in the last hour but days its sitting "scheduled for delivery" since 9am

That's better than my one awaiting labels since 11.30 yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

There is no charge cable in ps5 box so you have to buy one.They give them with ps4 consoles.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

My PS5 just arrived, great updates and reliability all the way between Smyths and DPD.

Now i've read so many reports of database corruption errors I'm afraid to even turn this thing on. I might leave it for a few days for Sony to drop a few more critical updates before even attempting to set it up. Got the Xbox Series X here to keep me occupied in the mean time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I hate everyone who has a PS5 :-(

Gonzo wrote: »
    My PS5 just arrived, great updates and reliability all the way between Smyths and DPD.

Now i've read so many reports of database corruption errors I'm afraid to even turn this thing on. I might leave it for a few days for Sony to drop a few more critical updates before even attempting to set it up. Got the Xbox Series X here to keep me occupied in the mean time!

Guaranteed you crack before midnight

yea I got one when I turn it on only went to setting bang and had to rebuild happen twice.my ps5 seem ok have coil wind doh it not loud doh.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭VitreousLife

Collected my pre order this morning and managed to nab another PS5 on Amazon for a relative this afternoon

Anyone here have any idea when the new orders placed with Amazon today will be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

My DPD text says between 13.50 - 14.50. Still haven't received it. Van location is about 10 minutes away. Driver is Leo. I'm in D12 - anyone gotten a delivery of theirs from him? Slightly getting anxious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

rob808 wrote: »
    There is no charge cable in ps5 box so you have to buy one.They give them with ps4 consoles.

For the controller? Should be one in the box no?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Not true. There is a USB C cable in the PS5 box. It’s in its own little compartment.

The DualSense controllers sold separately Do Not have a cable included though.

extrafluff wrote: »
    For the controller? Should be one in the box no?
    yup there is none

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I got one. There is another little section behind the controller section with the cable (Was there for me anyway)

https://youtu.be/uLwFYPsS_Zc?t=283

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

yup there is none

There's definitely one included, its just easy to miss in the packaging.

kirkfx wrote: »
    Not true. There is a USB C cable in the PS5 box.

The DualSense controllers sold separately Do Not have a cable included though.
    well im missing mine that strange it not on the box I look at it.I found it silly me.

Sister in law was collecting one at Smyths Naas and some pour soul was bringing his back, she said the poor chap was devastated. No clue what was wrong with it but it was the disc version and they told him they would have replacements in 3-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

extrafluff wrote: »
    My DPD text says between 13.50 - 14.50. Still haven't received it. Van location is about 10 minutes away. Driver is Leo. I'm in D12 - anyone gotten a delivery of theirs from him? Slightly getting anxious.

Where can you see the gps tracking of the van?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

No sign of ups for me :( tracking just says in transit

Advertisement