Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

Anyone else's ps5 very loud? Never really noticed my OG PS4 being loud but this ps5 is very "jet engine" like?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Is there a number for Smyths that's not one of their stores (they aren't answering). UPS have told me to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Just got my Smyth's delivery from dpd, in a big brown unmarked box 👠dpd driver said he's delivering 36 of them to 2 estates 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Keith C wrote: »
    Just got my Smyth's delivery from dpd, in a big brown unmarked box 👠dpd driver said he's delivering 36 of them to 2 estates 😮

In Dublin 6W by any chance!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I think mines been nicked in transit.

Tracking not updated since yesterday and Amazon chat has said its been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.

Hmmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭RoryMac

RoryMac wrote: »
    If its Parladh from DPD like mine, pass on my thanks!!

Just to row back a little on my thanks to the DPD driver, I'm in work and got the delivery notice, my wife is working from home so presumed she had taken delivery. Got to talk to her about half an hour ago and it was delivered when she was dropping the kids back to school after lunch and Parladh:mad: put it over the back gate!

It's a good 6 foot drop over the back gate so I hope he was careful!!

Apparently no signs of damage but not exactly ideal and thankfully not raining today!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

extrafluff wrote: »
    He's getting further away. This is stressful. Just shy of an hour after the 1 hour window. :mad:

Are you certain he didn't leave it somewhere - behind a gate, between wheelie bins etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    In Dublin 6W by any chance!? :)

My driver in Dublin 6 area has missed the slot assigned this afternoon. Was meant to be 14.23 - 15.23pm....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Did you ring the local depot? Mine sorted me out, took a couple of calls mind.

Just rang them there. Girl in the depot rang the driver who said it'll be about 2 hours by the time he gets to me :( She said he's not one of their regular drivers and is unfamiliar with the route.

That doesn't fill me with confidence.

My driver in Dublin 6 area has missed the slot assigned this afternoon. Was meant to be 14.23 - 15.23pm....

Is your driver Leo?

• Advertisement

extrafluff wrote: »
    Is your driver Leo?

Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

RoryMac wrote: »
    Just to row back a little on my thanks to the DPD driver, I'm in work and got the delivery notice, my wife is working from home so presumed she had taken delivery. Got to talk to her about half an hour ago and it was delivered when she was dropping the kids back to school after lunch and Parladh:mad: put it over the back gate!

It's a good 6 foot drop over the back gate so I hope he was careful!!

Apparently no signs of damage but not exactly ideal and thankfully not raining today!

I have them coming to me within the hour. I'll give them a slap and say that's for RoryMac :pac:

The girl in DPD said 'it wouldn't happen to be a PS5 you're waiting on would it?!'. She said they received a call this morning at 8.30 from someone (probably a boards member :D) who was in a panic over no scans showing. Rang back at 9 to ask had they any update.

She said it's been understandably mad today.

Answer from DPD webchat agent:

“The parcels are running late due to the current lockdown. There has been a delay to all of the parcels at the depot.”

When I asked if it will be delivered today they said

“It will take longer so please keep an eye on the tracking for further updates”

Whatever that means!

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Answer from DPD webchat agent:

“The parcels are running late due to the current lockdown. There has been a delay to all of the parcels at the depot.”

When I asked if it will be delivered today they said

“It will take longer so please keep an eye on the tracking for further updates”

Whatever that means!

Oh like they didn't know we were in a lockdown...

DPD webchat have just told me that it won’t be delivered today and this has happened to most parcels.

Glad I didn’t stay up all night! I have one reserved for my brother in store so I’ll be taking that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Is there a number for Smyths that's not one of their stores (they aren't answering). UPS have told me to contact them.

Customer care is 0768886244

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Unearthly wrote: »
    I have them coming to me within the hour. I'll give them a slap and say that's for RoryMac :pac:

No more than he deserves!! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Only solution is this:

Unless he hides in the PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

MY post may have been lost in the mix... Anyone with confirmed Preorder of disc with GS still to get notice of dispatch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Feck93

Anyone elses DPD tracking link say delivery rescheduled ?

sticker wrote: »
    MY post may have been lost in the mix... Anyone with confirmed Preorder of disc with GS still to get notice of dispatch?

Yes got an email and tracking link

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Feck93 wrote: »

Yea mine did. Rang my local depo and they said it will arrive tomorrow. im kinda salty

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Walshy933

My delivery from Amazon with PM now saying at 4pm “Package delayed in Transit” & “Please come back Sunday if you still don’t have it and we’ll help you out”

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Feck93 wrote: »

i have this

Order data received from sender

Head Office

15/11/2020 at 19:06

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

18/11/2020 at 18:01

Your parcel has been incorrectly routed and will be rerouted

Dpd Dublin South West

19/11/2020 at 11:41

Redirect

Head Office

19/11/2020 at 13:06

Kanney wrote: »
    i have this

Order data received from sender

Head Office

15/11/2020 at 19:06

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

18/11/2020 at 18:01

Your parcel has been incorrectly routed and will be rerouted

Dpd Dublin South West

19/11/2020 at 11:41

Redirect

Head Office

19/11/2020 at 13:06

I was on webchat about half an hour ago, they said due to the lockdown they’re having trouble....sigh

Confirmed that a lot of packages are having problems and won’t be delivered today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

What id are smyths looking for when picking up console

Checked the app again & it's saying that Leo is 12 8 stops away. Wasn't aware that this was a feature.

Home stretch now hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

biggebruv wrote: »
    What id are smyths looking for when picking up console

I gave driving licence, and they asked for the mobile number too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Staplor wrote: »
    I gave driving licence, and they asked for the mobile number too.

Cheers

Advertisement