Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Unearthly wrote: »
    Where can you see the gps tracking of the van?

If you download the app. Now I'm logged in with my PW details. Click deliveries, and it should give a 'van location' button at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Haven't called me back yet but it's back to saying available later today instead of available now. Hoping thsts a good sign...

Got thought to them again and apparently he left the wrong package off and will leave it there by the end of the day. Still a bit anxious though because according to the people in the pick up point there were no packages but the first person at DPD I spoke to said the driver left several packages there.

Fairly pissed off that I wasted the time driving there too tbh, only 15 minutes each way but I could have been doing something more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Amazon order just delivered by Amazon courier. Dublin area. Glad I changed from PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

guil wrote: »
    Sister in law was collecting one at Smyths Naas and some pour soul was bringing his back, she said the poor chap was devastated. No clue what was wrong with it but it was the disc version and they told him they would have replacements in 3-4 days
    That was good on Smyth very good company to deal with hopefully he get sorted quickly.

Come on Leo, put me out of my misery here. Past the 1 hour window. Van location has moved twice in an hour & he's further away than the first location. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

My Amazon (UPS) order has arrived at Dublin carrier facility as of 2:43 this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

extrafluff wrote: »
    Come on Leo, put me out of my misery here. Past the 1 hour window. Van location has moved twice in an hour & he's further away than the first location. :eek:

Wonder is it the same Leo who sold me a PS5 in a car park there about an hour ago for 700 quid on the long mile road?

DPD?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Wonder is it the same Leo who sold me a PS5 in a car park there about an hour ago for 700 quid on the long mile road?

DPD?

Oh that's cold. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Never realised how many delivery vans drive by my house daily :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,625 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've moved on to the PS5 thread like I've finally left limbo :) but just wanted to +1 Smyths. They've been as efficient as can be. Even queuing up at Childers road Limerick this morning, 6 people in front of me, a guy came out asking if anyone was getting a ps5. To my shock, i was the only one. They beckoned me to the front of the queue like the golden child where they had a little PS5 desk setup inside the door. Outta my way peasants! Took me all of 30 seconds. All hail Smyths!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Gamestop shipping email

Label Created 19/11/2020 9:55 Ireland

Nothing else

Not looing good for my brother today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Gamestop shipping email

Nothing else

progress though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've moved on to the PS5 thread like I've finally left limbo :) but just wanted to +1 Smyths. They've been as efficient as can be. Even queuing up at Childers road Limerick this morning, 6 people in front of me, a guy came out asking if anyone was getting a ps5. To my shock, i was the only one. They beckoned me to the front of the queue like the golden child where they had a little PS5 desk setup inside the door. Outta my way peasants! Took me all of 30 seconds. All hail Smyths!

Exact same thing happened to me there, very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Am I the only one not to get a confirmation from GS about payment and shipping of disc version?!

Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CollieD92

My Digital Edition from GameStop is coming with An Post, been sorted since 11am yesterday in Dublin Parcel Hub, no sign of movement since. Friend in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Gamestop shipping email

Nothing else

RedXIV wrote: »
    progress though!

It'll probably be delivery tomorrow at this stage. One of mine had it's label created yesterday at 9:47 and there's no progress on the UPS page.
    Still setting up the one that arrived. I really hope yee get the consoles today, I'll *touch wood for yee.

Ran in to a bit of a bug (I hope), I started installing games from disc and noticed after the third install
    (including updates/patches), as soon as I took the disc out, the games vanished off the system completely.

So what I've done and seems to be working, so far! Is after each one installs I open the game before I remove the disc.
    That seems to have fixed it, up to now. I'm about 6 installs in at this stage. Just in case anyone else has the same issue.

Got mine sorted, the rest of ye on the same van can rest easy!

Got through to a Prashant on DPD livechat who advised 'driver must be running behind schedule'. Well I know that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Fecking Amazon, ordered on the 17th of Sept, changed the address from parcel motel to my Irish address over the weekend... Still waiting for dispatch confirmation :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

My Amazon pre-order was delivered to Parcel Motel NI a couple of hours ago. I didn't update it to an Irish address as Amazon said it was estimated to be 21-24th.

Would have been nice if they had clearly stated in the emails they sent out that you could update to an Irish address and would likely have release date delivery. I didn't change it on the basis I'd rather likely have it Friday, than risk not having it for the weekend.

Now hoping that it reaches the Parcel Motel depot overnight and will be ready for collection tomorrow. I'm a bit sorry I went with Amazon over Smyths. Also made a wrong decision not changing to Irish address over Parcel Motel.

Hope those of you waiting on delivery will get it shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Only solution is this:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

v3ttel wrote: »
    My Amazon pre-order was delivered to Parcel Motel NI a couple of hours ago. I didn't update it to an Irish address as Amazon said it was estimated to be 21-24th.

Would have been nice if they had clearly stated in the emails they sent out that you could update to an Irish address and would likely have release date delivery. I didn't change it on the basis I'd rather likely have it Friday, than risk not having it for the weekend.

Now hoping that it reaches the Parcel Motel depot overnight and will be ready for collection tomorrow. I'm a bit sorry I went with Amazon over Smyths. Also made a wrong decision not changing to Irish address over Parcel Motel.

Hope those of you waiting on delivery will get it shortly!

Just got a notification it's arrived in the depot in Dublin. It only arrived in NI about 3 hours ago. They just need to carry it across the floor to the oversized parcel pick up and hopefully I should get a text shortly.

I regret noooooooooooooothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

6 packages via Dpd this morning, ups a month show :( guess it’ll be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Apparently Smyths haven't handed over my PS5 to UPS yet. Great stuff.

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Only solution is this:

He's getting further away. This is stressful. Just shy of an hour after the 1 hour window. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Lads my dpd says “Parcel delivery date booked with recipient”

I didnt book anything, im starting to get worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

My DPD parcel is still “passing through DPD network”. No text message or anything else about delivery.

Realistically will I receive it today? I’m in D6W

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Smyths +ups
    tracking says delivery tomorrow called to see if I could collect it from their depot as I pass it on the way home from work, and they told me it’s on the van for delivery today. That was this morning and my tracking still says it has not left the depot and is expected tomorrow :/ not hopeful

• Advertisement

He's getting further away. This is stressful. Just shy of an hour after the 1 hour window. :mad:

Did you ring the local depot? Mine sorted me out, took a couple of calls mind.

Advertisement