Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Come on DPD, update with "on a van"!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

RedXIV wrote: »
    I honestly don't think so. I think the system is just slammed. Realistically, it's not hard to assume gamestop would get the lion's share of console allocation as the only primary gaming retailer in the country and I think the pandemic has made cooperation more difficult, there is probably extra precautions handing over to couriers, more difficult time getting staff aligned, who are probably already fatigued over the xbox launch.

Logically I can see reasons for the problems gamestop have.

Emotionally I hate their guts for leaving me in the dark :D

All they had to do was bring in some staff and do click and collect at most or all of their stores and it would have avoided the majority of their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Klair88 wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter. 194k in a queue for the curry’s website in the UK. Crazy demand.

Someone on hotukdeals found a way to bypass that during the original preorder sale.
    Apparently when you click into the ps5 you see the proper webpage for a second then get redirected to the queue webpage, if you stop the page loading before being redirected to the queue page you can checkout as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rm212 wrote: »
    Come on DPD, update with "on a van"!

In transit for me...

Losing hope I will have it today by the minute, shouldn't have bothered taking my last 2 holiday day's off...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

As a backup I've ordered one from Tesco for collection on Tuesday! Just crazy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I doubt its its lack of consoles, when they knew exactly how many they were getting they sent out the emails telling everyone who got one and who didnt. I'd say the whole system is jammers with getting them out and delivered. They prob know some will be late and didn't send out emails as the tracking prob wouldn't update for a few days

Hopefully so M8 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Fieldog wrote: »
    In transit for me...

Losing hope I will have it today by the minute, shouldn't have bothered taking my last 2 holiday day's off...

I'm the exact same.

Really shouldn't be this concerned about it at my age but I'm checking the tracking every 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Dublin based. Out for delivery with Amazon courier

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Trying to put one in my basket on Harvey Norman and it won't proceed to next screen! Have to keep resubmitting when it times out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Dublin based. Out for delivery with Amazon courier

Mine was delivered 15 mins ago from Amazon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

Just got it in Galway from UPS

Trying to put one in my basket on Harvey Norman and it won't proceed to next screen! Have to keep resubmitting when it times out.

Try Tesco - they still have them in stock for collection or delivery from next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭madbeanman

I think I might be in the unique position of the person who preordered mine currently being asleep. Hopefully if it arrives they wake up to go to the door to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had a text from DPD with a delivery timeframe.but the tracking and the parcel wizard app haven't updated, I hope that's ok? Worrying about the smallest things now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Had a text from DPD with a delivery timeframe.but the tracking and the parcel wizard app haven't updated, I hope that's ok? Worrying about the smallest things now haha
    Same as me. Just got the text with the timeframe. It's coming!
    Jesus, I haven't been this giddy since the christmas I got a saga Saturn off santa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

My amazon order just got updated, arriving tomorrow. Dispatched by amazon. I'm in Dublin.

silvara wrote: »
    Try Tesco - they still have them in stock for collection or delivery from next Tuesday

I have one in my basket for Tesco but it wont checkout :confused:

Edit - I wodner if an item is in basket is it reserved?!!

I never use Tesco but I added a load of groceries in lockdown. Cant remove them from basket!!

They are being hit hard now by the looks of things

We are currently experiencing some technical issues.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience whilst we resolve these issues. We'll be back up and running again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Did anybody else's DPD go through the "Security Scan" before getting a timeslot for delivery? I've not seen the security scan step in the journey come up before with the couple of parcels I've ever had from DPD. I'm sure its normal enough, just odd that I've never seen that step before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Smyths was like fort knox. Photo id, email, phone number. Good to see though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Woke up this morning with zero intention of even looking for a console. Now have delivery slot of 26th Nov from Tesco :D Not sure how I feel about this but if I flog PS4 Pro might not be an expensive upgrade. Also not sure how confident I am in Tesco delivering a console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anyone get theirs delivered to parcel motel yet?

Mine is saying “package arrived at the final delivery station carrickfergus” at 12.36am and nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

brady12 wrote: »
    Just got it in Galway from UPS

From smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I'm the exact same.

Really shouldn't be this concerned about it at my age but I'm checking the tracking every 5 minutes.

😂 Lads it's not even ten yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What part of Dublin are ye in, those who have received Amazon orders already this morning?

sticker wrote: »
    I have one in my basket for Tesco but it wont checkout :confused:

Edit - I wodner if an item is in basket is it reserved?!!

I never use Tesco but I added a load of groceries in lockdown. Cant remove them from basket!!

They are being hit hard now by the looks of things

We are currently experiencing some technical issues.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience whilst we resolve these issues. We'll be back up and running again soon.

I could only check out if I changed it to between Tuesday and Thursday next week. Was locked otherwise

Think I accidentally ordered two though, so need to cancel one once the website is back up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Between 10.56 and 11.56 for my Smyths order.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Kanney wrote: »
    😂 Lads it's not even ten yet

Oh I know I'm being completely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I just got onto DPD's chat and they said it won't be delivered until tomorrow due to an overflow of parcels in the hub. I don't know if I believe Kumar, it's probably just a generic response they give when the tracking hasn't updated, but it certain has dashed my hopes a little and the fear has crept in.

silvara wrote: »
    I could only check out if I changed it to between Tuesday and Thursday next week. Was locked otherwise

Think I accidentally ordered two though, so need to cancel one once the website is back up

I dont think you can order 2 - Only 1 allocation por customer, but I'll buy it off you if you get 2!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

No update for my delivery but I have just received Miles Morales :D:D Was full sure that it was going to be here in time. 1 down. 1 to go.

Advertisement