Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I’m hoping that more growable fruit and veg appear

Mushrooms on the island today. Little one even dug up a rare mushroom. Didn’t know they existed before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Dodge wrote: »
    I’m hoping that more growable fruit and veg appear

Mushrooms on the island today. Little one even dug up a rare mushroom. Didn’t know they existed before

Just looking at a YouTube video as I was reading the thread. Says rare shrooms are worth 16k bells. Must keep an eye out. Had some standard ones pop up this morning, looking forward to seeing the diy recipes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The Halloween event was really fun I thought! Villagers were so cute in all their costumes. Shame we only got some of the furniture last night though. I feel pretty ready to put away all the Halloween stuff now!

Same here, I’ve never enjoyed Halloween so much. But same with all the furniture - it would have made more sense to give that out at the start of the month. Who wants a Halloween themed living room after it’s over?
    Super excited about mushroom season. I’ve been waiting for this since the game came out (and resisted time travelling).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Redd is on the island today with a real common painting and familiar statue if anyone wants to buy them?

I also have spare real quaint, academic and sinking paintings if anyone wants to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

RedRochey wrote: »
    Redd is on the island today with a real common painting and familiar statue if anyone wants to buy them?

I also have spare real quaint, academic and sinking paintings if anyone wants to trade?

Can I come for the familiar statue if its still available?

There will be a meteor shower on my island tonight too, I'll open the gate later if anyone needs stars!

• Advertisement

Can I come for the familiar statue if its still available?

There will be a meteor shower on my island tonight too, I'll open the gate later if anyone needs stars!

Ya open now

Funkytown gates are open for the meteor shower. Celeste is here, and Leif too with holly bushes.

The island is still in need of a Halloween clean up in some areas :p

Is 194 a decent price for turnips folks. I havent been keeping at eye on prices on my island as diligently as I did last week so using tracker is pointless this week.

skerry wrote: »
    Is 194 a decent price for turnips folks. I havent been keeping at eye on prices on my island as diligently as I did last week so using tracker is pointless this week.

If you're looking for a relatively quick way to earn bells, go to a mystery island at night time, clear it of everything, ever tree, flower weed, etc., tarantulas should start spawning and they sell for 8k each

RedRochey wrote: »
    If you're looking for a relatively quick way to earn bells, go to a mystery island at night time, clear it of everything, ever tree, flower weed, etc., tarantulas should start spawning and they sell for 8k each

Sound. Will chance that. I havent been going to many mystery islands cos they usually have same stuff as is on my own island and I haven't got stuck into crafting much apart from essentials in my island so seem to have a lot of resources

• Advertisement

The quickest way to earn cash (IMO) is to go fishing. The sea creatures are nearly all a very good price

Turns out the quickest way to earn cash this week would have been to hold steady on my turnips and not cash them in for 194 last night. Would have got 614 bells today :(

Edit: if anyone wants to avail of my turnip prices happy to facilitate. You just might have to tell me what I need to do to let you in. Price will change at 12pm I think.

Dodge wrote: »
    The quickest way to earn cash (IMO) is to go fishing. The sea creatures are nearly all a very good price

And then hoard them until CJ visits every fortnight!

I ran a non scientific experiment today, here are my anecdotal results.

Since Sunday I'd been popping a good few balloons, mostly in the evenings and hadn't gotten a single mushroom recipe. So today I emptied a room in my house and did it all feng shui. The most random assortment of furniture, yellow in the west, red in the east and green in the south. And since then I have gotten 7 mushroom recipes and caught 2 sturgeons. Maybe the luck thing works!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Since Sunday I'd been popping a good few balloons, mostly in the evenings and hadn't gotten a single mushroom recipe. So today I emptied a room in my house and did it all feng shui. The most random assortment of furniture, yellow in the west, red in the east and green in the south. And since then I have gotten 7 mushroom recipes and caught 2 sturgeons. Maybe the luck thing works!

Trying it now!!! Ya never know....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Interesting, thanks. I’ve noticed a difference since I started my new island - I’m getting a lot less recipes from balloons, and a lot more lumps of clay. I definitely got more on my other island, so maybe something’s off with my luck... I also got a lot more presents from villagers. My new lot are horrible, half the time when I give them a present they just take it and give nothing in return. And if they do it’s usually full body tights....

Got a ‘reindeer sweater’ off one of them yesterday and they all commented on it today.

So Christmas is being set up already

(Only got one mushroom recipe myself, but haven’t played loads)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I really wish that in a future update they would allow you to input the number of a particular item you wish to craft. Making medicine and fish bait today to use up things in my storage and free up some space, but it is torture.

Not sure if my luck is working for the mushroom diys! Still only have 4... But today I manged to get the much-sought after Judy in only 6 nmts..... Had to take her and hold her for my daughters new island or I'd never be forgiven!!

Not sure if my luck is working for the mushroom diys! Still only have 4... But today I manged to get the much-sought after Judy in only 6 nmts..... Had to take her and hold her for my daughters new island or I'd never be forgiven!!

Aw no I actually got all the DIYs in 2 days after I did the feng shui, but husband did the same thing and no such luck! Keeping the hideous room in place waiting for the maple leaves... Should be soon thinking of it now!

• Advertisement

Struggling with the mushroom DIYs myself. Shooting stars tonight. Will open up for folks if I get online later

Ok folks. Island open for about 30 mins or so. Mightn’t be about.

Celeste is here and stars are plentiful

Dodo is 7K05H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Huge new update just announced. Looks fantastic! And more storage too!

https://youtu.be/AQuucamIYjQ

Huge new update just announced. Looks fantastic! And more storage too!

https://youtu.be/AQuucamIYjQ

O yay! Exciting and so soon!!! Cannot wait!!

Watched that video with my daughter and she squealed when she saw we can exercise now. Her favourite thing in the game is looking at the islanders do that exact exercise. Ha

All of that looks cool. Safe transfers will be a big one I’d say

Oh and there’s loads more apparently. I’m sure this will be translated soon but it shows different food and loads more!

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/b8debafa-60f1-4a91-947c-3b3fd51499d9

Edit. Pic of some food here

http://twitter.com/acpocketnews/status/1328709269961773057?s=21

Looks great, but still no extra custom design slots for me! Loving the new reactions, but I just want to do the birthday dance :pac:

And I hope with the sit down thing they have put in a fix that the villager doesn't immediately stand up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

More storage could definitely tempt me back!!
    And this could be a perfect chance to redesign my island, I was mid design and then abandoned it...

The Christmas stuff looks lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Looks fab, cannot wait for the Christmas bits to appear.
    Also, I just saw something about the maple leaves falling and being able to catch them with your net..... Has this been a thing for a while that I just haven't known?

• Advertisement

Bells21 wrote: »
    Looks fab, cannot wait for the Christmas bits to appear.
    Also, I just saw something about the maple leaves falling and being able to catch them with your net..... Has this been a thing for a while that I just haven't known?

No Isabelle only announced it yesterday

Was really hoping for more design slots, especially because it's Christmas

Advertisement