Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Bells21 wrote: »
    You don't need to bring anything at all. I'm open there. Was thrilled to nab that recipe when rumply offered is all!

And I'm overstaying my welcome now buying all your Halloween costumes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

You don't need to bring anything at all. I'm open there. Was thrilled to nab that recipe when rumply offered is all!

Aw Cheers. Gimme 5 mins & I’ll pop over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

And I'm overstaying my welcome now buying all your Halloween costumes!!

I'm going to have to empty my storage to make room for a new collection of costumes!

593 bells for turnips also on my island I've just realised!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Excited now to start farming pumpkins and doing up the island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

A whole new impetus to our island as the little one's cousin just got the game (for her birthday) so the two of them have been on it for ages together. Back and forth to each other's islands. My little one taking great pride in being the expert guiding her cousin through it. Ha

Isabelle has just announced shooting stars for later on my island. I can open the gates later if there's an interest.

Isabelle has just announced shooting stars for later on my island. I can open the gates later if there's an interest.

I might if I’m around. Missing this months star sign recipe!

I might pop over too please - I’m missing one star bit for this months star sign recipe

Sorry, opening in the next 5....once I convince the dog to move so I can get the switch :)

• Advertisement

Sorry. Haven’t had a chance to get on tonight. Must be on the look out for stars now!

Think the game is feeling sorry for me and my empty art gallery. Redd showed up yesterday with a real Proper painting. Then this morn I also got a real wild left side and real giant statue from Boris n Kevin!!!!! I've never gotten art from a villager before and today I got 2!!! Delighted with myself!!!!

Was like many of you, only popping on for a few mins a day to do the dailies, but I've terraformed a Christmas tree on my island and moved Santa into the middle of it. So am now spending a bit of time decorating his house like his North Pole workshop with gnomes for the elves!!!! Daughter is getting the game for her birthday at the end of the month too so that should keep me going for a while!!

Think I might do the lotto this week, Isabelle has just announced more stars for tonight :/

Could anyone send me a rattan towel basket please? Preferably white or brown, somehow have never come across one :/

Trying to set up a rock garden using that mannequin technique, it's heartbreaking to find rocks spawning in every nook and cranny except where you want them to :D

RedRochey wrote: »
    Could anyone send me a rattan towel basket please? Preferably white or brown, somehow have never come across one :/

Trying to set up a rock garden using that mannequin technique, it's heartbreaking to find rocks spawning in every nook and cranny except where you want them to :D

I have a brown one. Will send to you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I picked up New Leaf a while back, played for a week or two and didn't really get back to it. Turned it on last night and I was reminded it was 2 months since I logged on. I'm wondering will I have the same experience with New Horizons or is there more the newer game offers to draw me in more. Anyone have similar experience and end up getting sucked into NH or is AC just not for me

skerry wrote: »
    I picked up New Leaf a while back, played for a week or two and didn't really get back to it. Turned it on last night and I was reminded it was 2 months since I logged on. I'm wondering will I have the same experience with New Horizons or is there more the newer game offers to draw me in more. Anyone have similar experience and end up getting sucked into NH or is AC just not for me

I've played them all from the get go and New Leaf is very similar to New Horizons. Once you've expanded your house, filled the museum, collected diys (which are new) etc the novelty does wear off. I now only pop on daily to check the shops and visiting character, maybe playing for 20mins - half an hour. I still love that slow paced gaming though, keeping my villagers happy and visiting nook mile islands when they move on. And the updates hook me back in again for a few days. But Id say if New Leaf grew old for you New Horizons probably will too, it might just hook you for longer because of the greater customising options and events!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I played NL for maybe 50 hours when it came out. I think I played NH for almost 200?
    Yes it does run out of steam, but after 200+ hours, you can't really fault that.

It's a lovely easy going game that can suck you in for a bit of time every day for months....

Thanks folks. I might give it a go. I have a 10 pound amazon credit to use so even if I decide its not for me in a month or so I'll have lost nothing if I decide to trade it in after that.

Wouldn't say I lost interest in New Leaf, I just didn't give it enough time to get the town going I'm only at the stage where I can make public works and looking at the cost of them there's a whole new reason to go off getting bells to improve the town.

I pick up my Switch a whole lot more that the 2DS, which I mainly got for JRPGs so I'm thinking I might be more inclined to log in to AC there and make a bit of progress each day I do. That in addition to it looking far prettier on the Switch I'm thinking might be enough to suck me in. Worst case, I'll definitively know if AC games are for me or not. Think I might go for it.

A lot of the games I've been playing of late are pretty bleak, Doom, TLOU2, Darkest Dungeon and the like so I think I might need some brightness and cheer in my gaming life.

Thanks folks. I might give it a go. I have a 10 pound amazon credit to use so even if I decide its not for me in a month or so I'll have lost nothing if I decide to trade it in after that.

Wouldn't say I lost interest in New Leaf, I just didn't give it enough time to get the town going I'm only at the stage where I can make public works and looking at the cost of them there's a whole new reason to go off getting bells to improve the town.

I pick up my Switch a whole lot more that the 2DS, which I mainly got for JRPGs so I'm thinking I might be more inclined to log in to AC there and make a bit of progress each day I do. That in addition to it looking far prettier on the Switch I'm thinking might be enough to suck me in. Worst case, I'll definitively know if AC games are for me or not. Think I might go for it.

A lot of the games I've been playing of late are pretty bleak, Doom, TLOU2, Darkest Dungeon and the like so I think I might need some brightness and cheer in my gaming life.

Sounds like a plan! It is a real feel-good game, but its not for everyone. I've only ever played Professor Layton, Harvest Moon, Sims & Animal Crossing so its right up my street. I'd be no good at the faster paced action games. My son however thinks its the most boring thing ever and only picks up my switch to dress my character in ridiculous outfits!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

In New Horizons you can decorate outside of your house so much more, that's my favourite part of he game and I'm still doing this almost weekly.

In New Leaf you just had the public works, and I never had enough bells to finish them. But in New Horizons its so easy to make a lot of money if you can sell your turnips online then you can pretty much do everything you want to decorate the island, and its easy to find places to trade and catalogue furniture.

Thanks again for the input folks. I went ahead and ordered it so I should be enjoying island life sometime next week. I'll no doubt be back with questions for the more experienced AC folks who have been playing since release. Plan on playing the game at my own pace as a chill experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Hi, whoever’s in charge of the list of players - I just submitted my new self, if you could delete the old island that would be great (delete Antartar)
    So I have a shiny new switch, and a shiny new island! Starting again has been a lot of fun. I didn’t take up any of the kind offers here to get stuff, as I’ve really enjoyed going back to poverty and living the simple life. I’m not in a hurry to develop, just letting things evolve. The pumpkins have triggered a bad hoarding problem I didn’t realise I had...
    Looking forward to Halloween, and if anyone wants to go trick or treating can we join up?

The only thing I’m missing a lot are my ‘friends’, my starting islanders were awful (Diva the frog, ugh). I’m hoarding nook miles tickets, and I will find you Ribbot - even though you wont remember me..

Shooting stars and Celeste here tonight if anyone still needs?? Gala crafting a spooky tower too. Gates open so work away

Anyone have spare real art to trade? I've real worthy, academic and quaint paintings

Also have fake jolly, wild left half, quaint, moving, scenic and serene paintings and gallant, informative, mystic and ancient statues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

RedRochey wrote: »
    Anyone have spare real art to trade? I've real worthy, academic and quaint paintings

Also have fake jolly, wild left half, quaint, moving, scenic and serene paintings and gallant, informative, mystic and ancient statues

I'd take the real worthy if you want to trade for real common, glowing or serene.

I'd take the real worthy if you want to trade for real common, glowing or serene.

I'll take the common painting please, what's your AC name so I can post it to you?

Game arrived today so I've got my island going and just been tottering around fishing and picking weeds and other basic activities. Have nearly 4000 Miles so nearly enough to pay initial loan. Any advantage to paying off on first day. Also, is there anything I absolutely should or shouldn't do apart from the obvious chores on the first couple of days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I’ve been playing every day since I got it in March, but most of the time lately, it’s just been to check the shops, post and town hall...

I’m in the process of flattening my whole island and redesigning it. Starting to enjoy playing it again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Game arrived today so I've got my island going and just been tottering around fishing and picking weeds and other basic activities. Have nearly 4000 Miles so nearly enough to pay initial loan. Any advantage to paying off on first day. Also, is there anything I absolutely should or shouldn't do apart from the obvious chores on the first couple of days ?

Don’t hurry, enjoy yourself. And don’t spoil the game by time travelling. Catch fish and chill out :cool:

Advertisement