Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Ambilight 43PUS8545/12 43-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

Is there an app in the App Store for Iptv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

TonyB466 wrote: »

I cant see one. I use TVPlayer UK with a VPN and dont see that either. Not looked into sideloading yet.

I have all of the UK Broadcaster playerts working with a VPN.

Struggling to sync with my hue light system but overall a gorgeous tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Is smart IPTV or Tivimate available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Just pulled the trigger on the 50PUS7805/12 @ £369 from Amazon, great price.

No date for delivery yet though. Hopefully won't be too long. Delivery by Amazon FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

kaerobe wrote: »
    Yes.... they were. Amazon have a distribution centre in ireland now and deliver a lot of items themselves. You track via the app itself. Own branded vans etc.

Ah yes! that explains how I could watch the van deliver my stuff last week and how it took only one day to have it in my hand... cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

JCDUB wrote: »

No date for delivery yet though. Hopefully won't be too long. Delivery by Amazon FYI

Ordered this 3 days ago and the same status so wouldn't hold my breath...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stiro05

I bought the 50pus8105 model from argos today for €448. A little bit more expensive than amazon, but it's the higher model number which isn't bad for a b+m. You also get 10 free movies from rakuten https://www.philips.ie/c-w/promotions/rakutentv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Liam O wrote: »
    Ordered this 3 days ago and the same status so wouldn't hold my breath...

Yeah was kinda thinking if I had it for December/Christmas at the latest I'd be doing alright.

In fairness Amazon do things right, they wouldn't take orders unless they can fulfil them within a reasonably quick time. (Hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

JCDUB wrote: »

yep...did the same 3 days ago. still not dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Mine was delivered today, amazon courier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whats the first impressions for those who bought them?

I can see 2.

Plus

Kodi
    BBC iPalyer
    Netflix
    Prime Video
    Channel 5 / CBS
    All4
    ITV hub
    MUBI
    RTE
    TG4

not a surprise, no NOW TV, no sky go, no TV Player

VPN apps work seamlessly.

I had to reset my tv and hue bridge to her ambilight to work with my hue bulbs.

Great purchase - have a Philips screwdriver to attach the stand

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Stiro05 wrote: »
    I bought the 50pus8105 model from argos today for €448. A little bit more expensive than amazon, but it's the higher model number which isn't bad for a b+m. You also get 10 free movies from rakuten https://www.philips.ie/c-w/promotions/rakutentv.html

Does it use Android TV? I can't seem to find that model on argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whats the first impressions for those who bought them?
    I've a 55 7805, can't rate them highly enough for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Bought the 43" 8505 in Argos.
    Setup was very good, using your existing google account to link Netflix, Amazon Video, Disney etc.
    I haven't managed to link the ambilight to my Philips Hue yet.
    I've been messing with the picture all evening but I'm not happy with it at all.
    Any large black areas seem pixilated and certain scenes seem almost fuzzy.
    If anyone has any settings that are working for them I'd appreciate it.

Bought the 43" 8505 in Argos.
    Setup was very good, using your existing google account to link Netflix, Amazon Video, Disney etc.
    I haven't managed to link the ambilight to my Philips Hue yet.
    I've been messing with the picture all evening but I'm not happy with it at all.
    Any large black areas seem pixilated and certain scenes seem almost fuzzy.
    If anyone has any settings that are working for them I'd appreciate it.

if the pic quality is like this i'll be returning it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

You should find settings for your model in one of the threads here
    https://www.avforums.com/forums/philips-tvs-forum.114/

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Anyone know what story is with getting one of these via parcel motel from amazon/argos is the surplus for bigger size much more?

so what is the consensus on the picture quality? my current telly the pic quality is rubbish for dark scenes. it goes all blotchy and quite often its very hard to make out what is going on. i remember watching GoT on it last year. some of the night time battles on it were impossible to see what was going on. im not ending up with that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

Really regret ordering the 50" through Currys.co.uk now. They took money straight away even though they didn't have the item in stock. I'm not able to login to my account even though I set one up. No online live support so had to call them and only update they have is that the item will be back in stock in 10-21 days. Should have shopped local, that'll learn me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Really regret ordering the 50" through Currys.co.uk now. They took money straight away even though they didn't have the item in stock. I'm not able to login to my account even though I set one up. No online live support so had to call them and only update they have is that the item will be back in stock in 10-21 days. Should have shopped local, that'll learn me...

I'm in exactly the same boat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

sharkman wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same boat :mad:

Me too
    Don’t mind having the money taken as I had saved it for this anyway and would have just spent it otherwise. I was aware that it could be 3 weeks before stock was available
    No mad rush to get it once it’s here for Christmas !!!
    How are you getting it shipped here? I went with Parcel Wizard DPD. Hopefully it will arrive safe and sound

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Me too
    Don’t mind having the money taken as I had saved it for this anyway and would have just spent it otherwise. I was aware that it could be 3 weeks before stock was available
    No mad rush to get it once it’s here for Christmas !!!
    How are you getting it shipped here? I went with Parcel Wizard DPD. Hopefully it will arrive safe and sound

Yeah, went with ParcelWizzard as well . Fingers crossed for a safe delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Quick question do you get 4k on your Disney+ streams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Quick question do you get 4k on your Disney+ streams

Don't know if its 4k but I know Dolby Vision/ HDR works on D+ some films on there look fantastic!.. wishing Netflix would jump into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

god's toy wrote: »
    Don't know if its 4k but I know Dolby Vision/ HDR works on D+ some films on there look fantastic!.. wishing Netflix would jump into this.

I've managed to get some really good UHD/4k content on

Disney+
    BBC iPlayer (very limited UHD)
    Netflix (on top tier sub)
    Youtube.

Not sure where else. Most of the other players dont support 4K/HDR/UHD

Sidenote:

I have my TV set to UK, have cheap Saorview dongle picking up the FTA Irish channels and have a VPN for OnDemand UK players/Freeview play and it works pretty well, with suggestions for box sets/catchup on the home screen. I had to set all settings to UK including when scanning for DVB-T

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

tadgho wrote: »
    Anyone get an estimated Delivery date on the TV in the OP from Amazon? Ordered Wednesday and still no estimated date or email to say it's been dispatched. Appreciate that Amazon are probably very busy with shipping at the minute...just wondering if anyone else in same boat?

Still no dispatch note or Estimated Delivery Date on the 43" ordered last Wednesday.... :( Guess I'll just have to keep watching the unboxing and set-up videos on YouTube!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Beagslife

kaerobe wrote: »
    I have my TV set to UK, have cheap Saorview dongle picking up the FTA Irish channels and have a VPN for OnDemand UK players/Freeview play and it works pretty well, with suggestions for box sets/catchup on the home screen. I had to set all settings to UK including when scanning for DVB-T

Would you have a link to the Saorview dongle you use or similar? I'd like to replicate your setup as a trial. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Beagslife wrote: »
    Would you have a link to the Saorview dongle you use or similar? I'd like to replicate your setup as a trial. Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SHL7ZPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually use this as my tv stand is black and it lays flat on it. I have since seen similar on adverts/Irish brick and mortar shops.

Advertisement