Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Ambilight 43PUS8545/12 43-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    I bought this one on Richer sounds - purely for the 6 year guarantee - bought it Friday and arrived today at lunchtime. Not showing on their website now. Worked out at just under €450 including delivery:)

https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/philips-50pus7805-12-50-4k-smart-uhd-led-tv-50pus7805-12/version.asp

Same, I bought the 43 inch, worked out about €395 delivered within 2 days. Excellent service, and that 6 year guarantee is serious piece of mind.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Presume that was from Currys UK as no one else seems to stock the 9005 models. Did you get that shipped via ParcelWizard, any issues given size either in handling or oversize delivery cost.

Yes Currys UK , hoped to have PW deliver to me but they refused it. It went back to Currys warehouse and I hit a brick wall . Order address could not be changed and Currys Newry wanted nothing to do with it. I made contact with Country Manager for Currys Ireland and a few phone calls later it was winging its way to me .. Happy Days , Just setting it up now ..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

rob316 wrote: »
    Same, I bought the 43 inch, worked out about €395 delivered within 2 days. Excellent service, and that 6 year guarantee is serious piece of mind.

I just set it up - delighted with it- glad I didn't get anything bigger. Picture is quality and the lighting makes some difference - some set-up with Sky, Prime and Netflix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

rob316 wrote: »

Thats a good deal. I see the 43inch on their website but it seems to be marked £399 on their website. How did you get it for that price. Also I see delivery marked as 'United Kingdom' & you cant seem to change that when confirming your booking how did you get around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

James 007 wrote: »
    Thats a good deal. I see the 43inch on their website but it seems to be marked £399 on their website. How did you get it for that price. Also I see delivery marked as 'United Kingdom' & you cant seem to change that when confirming your booking how did you get around that.

Try richersounds.ie 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got the 55 from RS. The 6 year warranty is great peace of mind. I had an issue with a TV few years back and no issues, courier picked up TV whilst delivering the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Don’t forget 10 free movies off any Philips TV bought before Jan 1st

Going to pull trigger on this.

Curry’s have a 50” 820 series for 480.

They’re expecting delivery this weekend apparently

Our tv will be stand mounted so not too stresss about 3 sides. Besides can’t see where there are 900 models available.

What model did people get and how have they been finding their new Ambis????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Don’t forget 10 free movies off any Philips TV bought before Jan 1st

Going to pull trigger on this.

Curry’s have a 50” 820 series for 480.

They’re expecting delivery this weekend apparently

Our tv will be stand mounted so not too stresss about 3 sides. Besides can’t see where there are 900 models available.

What model did people get and how have they been finding their new Ambis????

I had the 9000 series 58 inch on alert from Curry's and got an email today to say they won't be restocking it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I had the 9000 series 58 inch on alert from Curry's and got an email today to say they won't be restocking it

Thanks, I have the same version but 50" on alert and no such notice yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

How is everyone finding this tv? I am looking for something to replace an older tv in the play room for PlayStation and watching the odd match. Anyone got one on a Vesa wall mount? I usually go for Samsung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Anyone got any suggestions on what apps would be worth downloading on the Android TV in the Op? :) Apart from the usual Netflix, YouTube etc....Trying to justify having an Android TV to myself!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

tadgho wrote: »
    Anyone got any suggestions on what apps would be worth downloading on the Android TV in the Op? :) Apart from the usual Netflix, YouTube etc....Trying to justify having an Android TV to myself!! :D

KeepSolid VPN
    Hulu
    HBOMAX
    BBCiPlayer
    TV player

Can sideload others

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

kaerobe wrote: »
    KeepSolid VPN
    Hulu
    HBOMAX
    BBCiPlayer
    TV player

Can sideload others

Is KeepSolid VPN free quick enough for streaming ??

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got the 55 from RS. The 6 year warranty is great peace of mind. I had an issue with a TV few years back and no issues, courier picked up TV whilst delivering the replacement.

Snap

Bought the 55 from them a could of weeks ago.

Fantastic tv

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

sharkman wrote: »
    Is KeepSolid VPN free quick enough for streaming ??

I dont know. I got lifetime vpn with keepsolid for about 17 euro on black friday. About 20Mbps. Good for HD, not for UHD

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Saying stock in 10-21 days!

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/philips-58pus9005-12-58-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-10207671-pdt.html

Would like the 50" version, as 58" is too big 4 my setup, but not available on Irish site 4 some reason! Kinda reconsidering the ambilight as would b mounted on a shelf unit in alcove & not sure how effective it would be!

Sorry 4 dragging off topic but anyone know if the below is any use? Gets good reviews from what I've read!

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3448504/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7C19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419667%7CSmart+TV's%7C27827574.htm

Budget is ~€500 & would like Android TV or similar OS which will actually be updated/supported after more than 6 months so I think Samsung is out! ;)

Very disappointed with Argos, went there a few weeks ago and they were out of stock for a TV that I was looking for but was told that it would be in stock again last week. Sure enough it was in stock but with a 22.5% increase on the price. It really put me off that store.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

Very disappointed with Argos, went there a few weeks ago and they were out of stock for a TV that I was looking for but was told that it would be in stock again last week. Sure enough it was in stock but with a 22.5% increase on the price. It really put me off that store.:mad:

Really worth having a look at richersounds, I ordered a 50” nano tv on Black Friday, Then got a phone call to say it was out of stock so they offered me a free upgrade to the 55” nano, amazing customer service and with the six year warranty it’s hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

garfie1d wrote: »
    Really worth having a look at richersounds, I ordered a 50” nano tv on Black Friday, Then got a phone call to say it was out of stock so they offered me a free upgrade to the 55” nano, amazing customer service and with the six year warranty it’s hard to beat.

Exactly plus even the CEO can answer queries on a weekend night through Boards! You will not get service like that anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

How will Brexit impact buying from Ricersounds ?

• Advertisement

garfie1d wrote: »

Thanks,
    Looking for the below in 50inch max, but they dont seem to have it
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204916-philips-70pus8555-70-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Thanks,
    Looking for the below in 50inch max, but they dont seem to have it
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204916-philips-70pus8555-70-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Had a quick look there and dint see any Philips 50” with android OS, maybe best to give the sales team a call, sure they’d be able to put you right for what your after or close enough anyway.

6541 wrote: »

Might be get an answer here.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058140829/1/#post115600563

Wonder if they’d opened a store in the republic again

6541 wrote: »

I’m sure they will be fine and their uk based staff will continue to make them enough money to pay the uk taxes on their profits, continue to pay their staff wages so that these staff can continue to spend these wages in the uk, uk social taxes on their wages and rates to their uk councils for their warehouses. I wouldn’t worry too much about them, I’d be a little more worried about our own b&m stores who pay a little something to our little country in the form of taxes, wages, rates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Got an email from Amazon yesterday, saying they've no stock date in sight for the 50".

They've offered nothing as a replacement, just sent a link to other TVs.

Anything "similar" is around the £500 mark, with no ambilight, so not similar.

TBH I'm not hopeful about getting one at all. Seems like Philips are stopping production of Ambi light or else completely renewing their product lines.

No shops, online or B & M, have any stock, and none know when there will be any.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Anyone know why my soundbar won't connect to this tv via HDMI?? When I try to connect it via HDMI this message comes up:
    I've checked that the soundbar is on HDMI 'mode' so its not that...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

JCDUB wrote: »
    Got an email from Amazon yesterday, saying they've no stock date in sight for the 50".

They've offered nothing as a replacement, just sent a link to other TVs.

Anything "similar" is around the £500 mark, with no ambilight, so not similar.

TBH I'm not hopeful about getting one at all. Seems like Philips are stopping production of Ambi light or else completely renewing their product lines.

No shops, online or B & M, have any stock, and none know when there will be any.

I am in the same boat as yourself but I did not get an email. Amazon showed the 50 in stock 3 days ago but out now again but did not fulfil the order. Only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

delboy76 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat as yourself but I did not get an email. Amazon showed the 50 in stock 3 days ago but out now again but did not fulfil the order. Only time will tell.

Just make sure you cancel it as after Jan 1st it will be a very expensive TV..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

It could be the hdmi cable.
    Disconnect everything from the TV.
    Power on after a minute, plug in only the soundbar into hdmi arc port see if that works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone seen this tv in stock anywhere? the 43PUS8545 model.

Thanks

Advertisement