Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Ambilight 43PUS8545/12 43-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

tadgho wrote: »
    Still no dispatch from Amazon for the 43" 8545 TV in the OP :confused: This is now 9 days after order and TV is showing as 'In Stock' on Amazon.co.uk. Is this normal wait time for dispatch or is anyone else still waiting for dispatch of TV in the OP? A bit disappointed that it hasn't been at least dispatched at this stage...:mad:

I got onto customer service and they cancelled it on me! They are out of stock now...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Did anyone order the 58 inch from Curry's.ie? I did but it was out of stock. Money gone on CC and email received that I will get stock from 24th November stock delivery. Then got automated email today from my stock alert set up some time ago that the product is out of stock and will not come back into stock. So in limbo currently and no response yet today as emailed them on my order this morning.

Are Richersounds doing the 58 inch?

Edit..this model linked earlier in thread:

PHILIPS - 58PUS9005/12 58" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

The 9005 has 4 sided ambilight, the 8535 has only 3 sides.
    Everything else looks similar to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

No, RicherSounds don't stock the 9005 model and unlikely to in future, asked them directly if they did/could as was interested in the 50" model. Don't know why most of Philips models (even OLED screens) are just 3 sides ambilight. With a lot of TVs wall mounted having all 4 sides lit would be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Did anyone order the 58 inch from Curry's.ie? I did but it was out of stock. Money gone on CC and email received that I will get stock from 24th November stock delivery. Then got automated email today from my stock alert set up some time ago that the product is out of stock and will not come back into stock. So in limbo currently and no response yet today as emailed them on my order this morning.

Was in my local Tesco yesterday and they were selling the 58" Ambilight for something like 570.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Truckermal wrote: »
    I got onto customer service and they cancelled it on me! They are out of stock now...:mad:

I got onto them on Wednesday about it and they sent me an email afterwards saying that they'd prioritise delivery and such for the 50 inch I'd ordered the week before. I asked about a similar model and seen if there was anything that could be done to change to that. Looked yesterday and they'd cancelled my order. No email to say that as of yet.

Got on to them yesterday and wanted to make a complaint, more to see if I could get anything from them but ordered the more expensive model. They said that all they could do is raise it internally. Not received and email about that either. Surprising from Amazon really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I’m still waiting on mine. Contacted Amazon and they said they don’t have the tv in stock and would email me when they have a delivery date. They offered to cancel it and I could order a similar one

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    I’m still waiting on mine. Contacted Amazon and they said they don’t have the tv in stock and would email me when they have a delivery date. They offered to cancel it and I could order a similar one

Finally got a dispatch email from Amazon for the 43" in the OP. Arriving Monday!!:)

Same as that, arriving Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

As have posted on a another thread I’m looking for a decent 50inch TV.

How have people found the Ambilight either 8545 or the 9005?

Does it have a sat tuner and Saoirview.

Will be on the market for BF deals.

Budget up to 700 but if I can get a nice one for around 500 as the Ambilight was happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

FLOOPER wrote: »
    As have posted on a another thread I’m looking for a decent 50inch TV.

How have people found the Ambilight either 8545 or the 9005?

Does it have a sat tuner and Saoirview.

Will be on the market for BF deals.

Budget up to 700 but if I can get a nice one for around 500 as the Ambilight was happy days.

I got this.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204842-philips-50pus7805-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

not android but I use a firestick, delighted with it.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Currys UK attempted delivery to Parcel Wizzard in Portadown , but were unsucessful ...:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

brightkane wrote: »

Just ordered one Fcuk Amazon and their lies.. Richersounds are fantastic to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

What do you mean not Android - does that mean you can't use google and play store on it? If so any idea which ones might be android?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

sharkman wrote: »
    Currys UK attempted delivery to Parcel Wizzard in Portadown , but were unsucessful ...:(:(
    I ordered from Amazon with DPD parcel wizard, not looking good if that's the case. Were you able to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tyler66

You can replacement or refund your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Is there anything in the Harvey Norman sale that can be considered a bargain?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=tile&utm_campaign=black_friday_2020_tvs

I thought this Samsung 55" 4K HDR Smart QLED TV | QE55Q60TAUXXU at 799 might be a bargain although a little over what I want to spend.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/samsung-55-4k-hdr-smart-qled-tv-qe55q60tauxxu.html

Realistically I am watching this thread for one of you to spot the bargain of the century. I am rather uneducated in my TV knowledge.

The epg is pants alright. I thought it was just me. Mine doesnt populate half the stuff.

Just to update this. I reset the integrated freesat as I was installing a cheap indoor saorview ariel (which worked remarkably well) .

I looked through the settings and I changed the EPG from satellite to internet (or something similar)

Now the Freesat EPG is a lot better, smoother and populated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Just to update this. I reset the integrated freesat as I was installing a cheap indoor saorview ariel (which worked remarkably well) .

I looked through the settings and I changed the EPG from satellite to internet (or something similar)

Now the Freesat EPG is a lot better, smoother and populated.

Can’t find this setting any ideas where it is

Can’t find this setting any ideas where it is

Bare in mind mine isn't this model but this is where I got it from.
    Settings -all settings - channels - tv guide and change it to from the Internet
    Also beneath it I have channel logos on

Hope that helps someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hope that helps someone.

What antenna did you use for saorview ?

This one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SHL7ZPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It had dropped to 13.50 the other day. It will probably drop again tomorrow.

But it worked for me for 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hope that helps someone.

Thanks for the info .. in my case it didn't help as the option is just not there on mine but hopefully it helps someone.

Mine arrived today, 3 days early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Still no sign of dispatch on mine. Can I ask when you ordered?

stesaurus wrote: »

Mine out for delivery today too according to Amazon app. Ordered on 11th November!
    43 inch model btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just order off Richersounds, 2 day delivery, usually the best price and a bumper of a 6 year warranty.

rob316 wrote: »
    Just order off Richersounds, 2 day delivery, usually the best price and a bumper of a 6 year warranty.

They did not have any 43" Android Ambilights in the 8500 series when I asked them! Just the 50inch or bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

rob316 wrote: »
    tadgho wrote: »

They did not have any 43" Android Ambilights when I asked them!

Nor did they or would they stock the 4 sided ambilight 9005 model, only Currys have that but only UK having the 50" which is what I was interested in, out of stock anyway.

• Advertisement

stesaurus wrote: »

Ordered 11th Nov

Advertisement