Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Wales, Friday 13th Nov 2020 7pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I reckon next week we will push England and who knows, we may win.

England don't have Tuilagi for the next 6 months so will have to change their focus of attack.

Big loss for them as he fairly destroyed Ireland the last few times between sucking in the defence (mainly) and scoring and was instrumental in their world cup run also.

So could be a factor in making it closer than people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Think Farrell did enough to get a start. It was taking 3 men to stop him at some stages and he was still going forward.

On second watching I maybe was a little harsh on Healy, he did enough work around the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

^^^

I don't think JGP and POM in the same backrow is a good combination, they are too similar in what they are doing, end up falling over each other

Are you getting players mixed up? JGP is a scrum half

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Are you getting players mixed up? JGP is a scrum half

Pretty certain they meant VDF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

the only way VDF and O’Mahony are similar is that they’re slightly small for international flankers and as such don’t carry a lot against larger teams. otherwise their games couldn’t be more different. weird statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Ireland v england next week....

Its on. I absolutely do not see us rolling over like we did the last time. We have a coherent system, weeks of prep and the players to deliver on it.

Man on Man, we are more than a match for England. As a unit, we will beat them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Akrasia wrote: »

Its on. I absolutely do not see us rolling over like we did the last time. We have a coherent system, weeks of prep and the players to deliver on it.

What's your tipple of choice this evening Akrasia?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

As a unit, we will beat them.

To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw.... me bollix.

Tidy up in the back 3, cut out the penalties, play territory and there's always a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Tidy up in the back 3, cut out the penalties, play territory and there's always a chance.

Virtually nil is technically a chance.

Virtually nil is technically a chance.

Is that even english?

Is that even english?

Um. Yes?

I can rephrase if you want. Technically, 'virtually nil' is a chance.

Um. Yes?

I can rephrase if you want. Technically, 'virtually nil' is a chance.

Well, if you don't give us a chance, than that's your problem. England didn't play ground breaking rugby to beat us last time, they got two soft tries off errors in the back 3.

Italy showed they have a serious lack of imagination in attack. Ireland just need a solid performance in the back 3, a good kicking game to counter the rush and we'll be there or there abouts.

I wasn't being entirely serious in my initial post. Of course we have a chance.

England strong favourites though, in my mind.

i think it’ll be a nice fun game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

My team for England

1 Healy
    2 Herring
    3 Porter
    4 Roux (His work at scrum time and around the park is second to none and can let Ryan shine next to him, could play a big role against England’s power game)
    5 Ryan
    6 Stander
    7 Connors
    8 Doris (I’ve swapped the two around as I feel Doris offers more form 8 than Stander and Standers strengths can all be performed from 6)
    9 Murray
    10 Sexton (if fit) Byrne if not.
    11 Lowe
    12 Aki
    13 Farrell
    14 Keenan
    15 Stockdale

16 Kelleher 17 Byrne 18 Bealham 19 Henderson
    20 O’Mahony 21 JGP 22 Byrne 23 Henshaw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I wasn't being entirely serious in my initial post. Of course we have a chance.

England strong favourites though, in my mind.

I’m really ****ting myself about facing England after their last 2 matches I must say...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

I havent seen enough improvements in our kicking game to give England any issues, Youngs and Farrel are just so good at pinning ireland back in our half and using their rock solid defense to squeeze us for errors

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    My team for England

1 Healy
    2 Herring
    3 Porter
    4 Roux (His work at scrum time and around the park is second to none and can let Ryan shine next to him, could play a big role against England’s power game)
    5 Ryan
    6 Stander
    7 Connors
    8 Doris (I’ve swapped the two around as I feel Doris offers more form 8 than Stander and Standers strengths can all be performed from 6)
    9 Murray
    11 Lowe
    12 Aki
    13 Farrell
    14 Keenan
    15 Stockdale

Exactly what I would have gone for, except I start JGP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    My team for England

1 Healy
    2 Herring
    3 Porter
    5 Ryan
    6 Stander
    7 Connors
    9 Murray
    11 Lowe
    12 Aki
    13 Farrell
    14 Keenan
    15 Stockdale

That's an easy team to pick if everyone is fit but I think JGP in for Murray if Sexton fit.

I expect Sexton to be out, so it will be Murray at 9 and Burns/Byrne at 10.

Did Burns fail his HIA?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

POM will start against England.

His aggression and lineout work is badly needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

POM will start against England.

His aggression and lineout work is badly needed

Not to mention unquantifiable amounts of pashun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

It’s always useful to compare teams by each position. Where are we better than England? Even with the greenest of glasses on, I can’t see more than one or two of ours starting ahead of theirs in a combined team.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bookies have england 11 point favourites..... i think thats conservative

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Not to mention unquantifiable amounts of pashun

The use of ‘Pashun’ is just a sad attempt to allude to a provincial founding, the same as turnip muncher and ladyboy was in the past.

Personally I was delighted to see POM not taking a step backwards in the face of the Welsh, the very same way that Lowe did when Liam Williams took a cheap shot.

It’s a pity the 13 other players that started didn’t have a bit more of it because the English will beat us up and down the pitch if we allow them, and sadly we have allowed them to do it in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

The passing was encouragingly crisp today and Lowe changed the threat our back three could offer. What has happened to Wales, though?

The use of ‘Pashun’ is just a sad attempt to allude to a provincial founding, the same as turnip muncher and ladyboy was in the past.

Personally I was delighted to see POM not taking a step backwards in the face of the Welsh, the very same way that Lowe did when Liam Williams took a cheap shot.

It’s a pity the 13 other players that started didn’t have a bit more of it because the English will beat us up and down the pitch if we allow them, and sadly we have allowed them to do it in the past.

not really.

can be very province-independent and be defined as looking very engaged whilst not actually doing much.

the first person i saw use “pashun” on here was notorious Leinster fan thomond2006 so that checks out.

• Advertisement

I know what your saying but O'mahony shoving a few of their players and looking angry isnt going to get us anywhere,

Showing your aggression by smashing them back behind the gainline etc is how you do it,

And in my opinion a Backrow of Doris, Stander and Connors has a far better chance of achieving that,

Connors literally split Wales's talisman in half in his first tackle off the bench - I'd take that kind of aggression over looking angry and handbags after a scrum,

Now were you to argue about O'mahony being included to try and steal their lineout ball or compete at ruck time youd have far more of a point then this push and shove angry POM bollocks which does absolutely nothing.

If POM gets in its because of his lineout work or ruck work thats it

Advertisement