Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Crikey 7 deaths.
    Also 43 cases in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

deise08 wrote: »
    Crikey 7 deaths.
    Also 43 cases in Waterford.

fcuk, wtf is going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We're as volatile as Nitroglycerine at the moment. Up and down like a sex workers undergarments

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fcuk, wtf is going on!

50 caught at a houseparty yeaterday

Know personally of 3 others,that went on last weekend,gaurda checkpoints are withdrawn from what i can see aswell.....havnt seen any active in over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Know personally of 3 others,that went on last weekend,gaurda checkpoints are withdrawn from what i can see aswell.....havnt seen any active in over a week

didnt see any checkpoints last weekend, couple of cars patrolling around, that was about it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Saw one today at the side of Ballybeg, between Tesco and the rugby club. Where they were stopping people from going there is puzzling tbh.

Twitter machine says over 20 cases are from a certain company unnamed of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Twitter machine says over 20 cases are from a certain company unnamed of course.

Skelton says it's Cartamundi.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Skelton says it's Cartamundi.

Are you sure he said that?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Are you sure he said that?

Skelton started a thread knowing the name would appear in the replies.

I stand corrected.

• Advertisement

Skelton started a thread knowing the name would appear in the replies.

I stand corrected.

Well you should be a bit more careful with those accusations.

You should talk to your brother, advise him to cop on with the sensationalism.

You should talk to your brother, advise him to cop on with the sensationalism.

I’m not here to answer for him, he’s well able to do that and you are entitled to your opinion., I just felt to need to correct what you said as it was incorrect.

Fair enough.

Hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

43 cases is catastrophic. It is the equivalent of over 500 per 100k in the county when the national figure is around 129. Needless to say we will be given less than zero information about where when or how TF this happened so we will learn the square root of FA from this bombshell.

I don’t know about the rest of ye but I am totally pizzed of with GDPR bs. It’s actually dangerous to the point that people have died and will die as a result of lack a of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

43 is the highest every reported for waterford in 1 day that i can see. 33 was the previous back on the 23/10

Cartamundi was mentioned here last week as a cluster! It's not a secret.

Cartamundi was mentioned here last week as a cluster! It's not a secret.

And we only got the results today?

Deise Vu wrote: »

7/11 poster said there was something like 15 waiting on results. Takes time for it to replicate enough to show in tests and that's why 14 day isolation recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Everybody working in Cartamundi was tested by the HSE over the last few days that's where all the cases are coming from probably more over the coming days too,a lot of cases from Bausch & Lomb over the last few weeks too and from talking to people working there it sounds like its going to get worse there.

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    7/11 poster said there was something like 15 waiting on results. Takes time for it to replicate enough to show in tests and that's why 14 day isolation recommended.

There are only a couple of hundred people working in Cartamundi and it was the source of one of our very early outbreaks. If 43 cases can we traced to it, when there are several much larger facilities which have had little or no outbreaks then surely there is something we can learn? But no, let’s pretend 43 cases in one day is just one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Everybody working in Cartamundi was tested by the HSE over the last few days that's where all the cases are coming from probably more over the coming days too,a lot of cases from Bausch & Lomb over the last few weeks too and from talking to people working there it sounds like its going to get worse there.

B&L have plenty of facilities to sanitize and wash. They have provided every employee with hand sanitizer and face masks.
    If things get worse in there it will be due to individual employees choosing to car pool and not take the necessary precautions outside of the plant.

There are only a couple of hundred people working in Cartamundi and it was the source of one of our very early outbreaks. If 43 cases can we traced to it, when there are several much larger facilities which have had little or no outbreaks then surely there is something we can learn? But no, let’s pretend 43 cases in one day is just one of those things.
    I remember Cartamundi was one of the first. Unfortunately it just takes 1 person to get infected and cause a sh*t storm

Cartamundi would be one of worse paying factories,i always see em walking home/out in evenings after the 4.30 finish

A huge amount walk home everyday after work,im.guessing recent bad weather etc has people getting lifts/carpooling etc

Hijpo wrote: »
    B&L have plenty of facilities to sanitize and wash. They have provided every employee with hand sanitizer and face masks.
    If things get worse in there it will be due to individual employees choosing to car pool and not take the necessary precautions outside of the plant.

Still a lot of cases from there over the last few weeks though,no?

Cartamundi would be one of worse paying factories,i always see em walking home/out in evenings after the 4.30 finish

A huge amount walk home everyday after work,im.guessing recent bad weather etc has people getting lifts/carpooling etc

I’m not getting onto Cartamundi. I don’t believe there could be 43 cases ( or a substantial part of 43) from one factory. If it is the case, then there should be a Garda investigation. Ridiculously, we will never know because apparently we will turn up outside peoples houses with pitchforks and burning torched if we knew they were unfortunate enough to get a virus. Or something. But hey, let’s respect people’s privacy and keep spreading a deadly disease.

Still a lot of cases from there over the last few weeks though,no?

About 5 in the last few weeks, maybe? In a plant employing over one thousand running 24\7. I think maybe 1 of those had been in the plant 3 days before getting a positive test. So internally I don't think there has been any transmission or risk of transmission.

Hijpo wrote: »
    About 5 in the last few weeks, maybe? In a plant employing over one thousand running 24\7. I think maybe 1 of those had been in the plant 3 days before getting a positive test. So internally I don't think there has been any transmission or risk of transmission.

I don't know how many,just heard from friends who work there about it,you sound like you know a lot about it so maybe you work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Does that mean that the people who first contracted the virus in Cartamundi (i believe it started there) still havent returned to work? Bad enough recovering from ICU and having to watch for reinfections without going back into an environment where you may potentially compromise your recovering immune system.

• Advertisement

I don't know how many,just heard from friends who work there about it,you sound like you know a lot about it so maybe you work there.

I have friends who work there also. But you can be sure any employee that tests positive would have to give close contacts, and if a close contact happened to be someone they worked with then they would need to be tested, and if they tested negative then the measures in place within the plant must be effective. There seems to be very few cases in there so the time gap between cases must be fairly big which to me would mean either there are no close contacts or the close contacts come back negative.

But that's just my thinking on it.

It would be interesting to hear why the employees think it will get worse.

Advertisement