Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

jellybear wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain they're Dunnes. They're not on the website anymore though. They regularly update the site though so they might get them back in :)

I'm browsing Carraig Donn for Newbridge decorations and saw this, pretty much identical to the Dunnes one:

https://www.carraigdonn.com/products/snowflake-led-votive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

I'm fairly certain they're Dunnes. They're not on the website anymore though. They regularly update the site though so they might get them back in :)

Yep Dunnes in Newbridge down near the bread aisle. Were originally on the website, but haven’t seen them since. Was searching daily for “snowflake” hoping they would resurface so really chuffed to get them today. €3 each and ell worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

No need for a playpen! Christmas Tree arrived yesterday and we popped it up to check it was all good incase it needed a return (thankfully its fine) and little guy could absolutely not give less of a hoot about it being there!

4 year old however is absolutely insisting we do not take the tree down now because its Christmas and we just *HAVE* to decorate it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

No need for a playpen! Christmas Tree arrived yesterday and we popped it up to check it was all good incase it needed a return (thankfully its fine) and little guy could absolutely not give less of a hoot about it being there!

4 year old however is absolutely insisting we do not take the tree down now because its Christmas and we just *HAVE* to decorate it tomorrow.

Your 4 year old is a very clever child, of course you have to decorate it now it’s up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Your 4 year old is a very clever child, of course you have to decorate it now it’s up.

Another vote here for siding with the 4 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought a doll and a bubble machine for the little one. Need to get my arse in gear for the other people in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Be rude not to since you have it up already :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Two houses in our estate have decorations up already, I’m going to hold until end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Couple more books for the kids ordered yesterday, we're really pushing reading these days as they're eating up the books so want to encourage that as much as possible.

Got them through the same website I got the Irish country woman's book of Christmas as wanted to support irish, especially after they gave me such a good deal.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bought a book for the baby in my belly and to read it to them when they arrive
    its meant to be very good (the boy the mole the fox and the horse by charlie mackesy)

• Advertisement

The snowflakes are the cutest such a bargain
    Slime Princess thats a very wise 4 year old, a vote from me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

SarahLil wrote: »
    Bought a book for the baby in my belly and to read it to them when they arrive
    its meant to be very good (the boy the mole the fox and the horse by charlie mackesy)

If you're looking for a nice book or even a set, these are fab https://www.adamscloud.com
    They have 20% off sets, code 20HUGS.

Very sad story behind how they came to be written but a lovely legacy! They're actually a lovely gift for new babies or young kids.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy decorating! :pac: :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know buy local and all that but since lockdown Amazon has gone into overdrive.

We ordered 6 items off Amazon Thursday night, arrived today.

Whereas I’m Still waiting a week and a half for a homestore and more deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

I ordered that coffee/hot chocolate set off Amazon and it still hasn't arrived so I got a refund this morning.
    Checked tracking there and it's now showing as with An Post...what do I do now...think of it as a nice Christmas present for all the shopping I've done with them this year...?
    I hate when things like that happen.

If you're looking for a nice book or even a set, these are fab https://www.adamscloud.com
    They have 20% off sets, code HUGS20.

Very sad story behind how they came to be written but a lovely legacy! They're actually a lovely gift for new babies or young kids.

Thanks Jellybear another one to add to the list thanks, I think I know the story behind this book, I will definitely add it to my list

I have just ordered a good bulk of my OH present, hopefully he's happy with it, I got a discount too so with the discount I got him a Christmas jumper from the club he supports, I just have one or two things left for him now

Got my mam part of her present too, the remainder of hers will be from a local jewellers

I ordered that coffee/hot chocolate set off Amazon and it still hasn't arrived so I got a refund this morning.
    Checked tracking there and it's now showing as with An Post...what do I do now...think of it as a nice Christmas present for all the shopping I've done with them this year...?
    I hate when things like that happen.

From experience. Amazon will never look for this for it back. They’re too embarrassed to ask for it back as it’s usually poor delivery times that resulted in the refund. They mark it off as a loss.

I've just ordered our packs of Christmas cards, in aid of 2 charities that mean a lot to us, and also a little booklet of Christmas stamps as we plan on popping the local cards into letter boxes as we pass (within our 5km).

Amazon won't look for the money back, I've had it happen where something was delivered to me from Amazon that I didn't order and they said I could keep it or donate it to charity. It happened to be suitable for a loved one so they got a nice surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I need to hide my cards.... I’m off now for 6 weeks post op recuperating after surgery....day 5 and I’ve done way too much shopping....including personal Santa letters and certificates and a different Santa experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Where are good places to shop online for Christmas jumpers?

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Where are good places to shop online for Christmas jumpers?

I’ve used these guys before. Very good service.

https://www.funkychristmasjumpers.ie/?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJjaHJpc29sb3VnaGxpbkBnbWFpbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJlTEszR2QifQ%3D%3D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    I know buy local and all that but since lockdown Amazon has gone into overdrive.

We ordered 6 items off Amazon Thursday night, arrived today.

Whereas I’m Still waiting a week and a half for a homestore and more deliveries.
    I've been waiting a week now for 2 Arnotts click and collect orders, I would have been quicker ordering from Amazon, but feck it, what's done is done.
    I wouldn't mind much, but one of the orders is to be sent to a friend who is abroad and I want it in the postal system asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Posy wrote: »
    I've been waiting a week now for 2 Arnotts click and collect orders, I would have been quicker ordering from Amazon, but feck it, what's done is done.
    I wouldn't mind much, but one of the orders is to be sent to a friend who is abroad and I want it in the postal system asap!

I ordered a tree skirt and some candle sets from Arnotts Warehouse sale. Ordered Wednesday night, tree skirt arrived Friday, should have candle sets tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

For any Lidl fans out there.....they may have to postpone the launch date though given clothes are 'non-essential'

For some strange reason I like the Christmas jumper...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

For any Lidl fans out there.....they may have to postpone the launch date though given clothes are 'non-essential'

For some strange reason I like the Christmas jumper...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Looking for Christmas stockings this year for the four of us. I’ve found a few potentials but wondering if anybody has found anything really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

As I’m recuperating poor other half is having to do everything from kids to cleaning to cooking (I’m not allow bend stoop or walk much) so just bought him a craft beer Irish advent calendar to make sure he knows I appreciate him.

polydactyl wrote: »
    As I’m recuperating poor other half is having to do everything from kids to cleaning to cooking (I’m not allow bend stoop or walk much) so just bought him a craft beer Irish advent calendar to make sure he knows I appreciate him.

Brilliant treat for him, get well soon x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

polydactyl wrote: »

Where did you find it? BTW GWS.

Advertisement