Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

hillbloom wrote: »
    Anyone know how much is a 70 cl of Jameson Whiskey in SUPERVALU at the moment. It was €30 earlier last week but I think its reduced now.

Jameson is showing up online at €24.50.
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/product/1012072003

If you are looking for a cheaper option, check out Dunphys Irish Whiskey, it's on offer at €20.50 in Supervalu at the moment.
    Comes from same distilley as Jameson.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If it's the 'animal' range as opposed to the Cimarossa then yes the reds are all lovely. Haven't tried the whites.
    e.g. the Chilean Resvera Privada merlot with the 'seal' picture on the bottle
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/grocery-range-red-wines/chile-merlot-reserva-privada-12-5/p23712

Yeah all animals apart from the NZ Sauvignon Blanc which has rugby players and the Aus Cabernet Sauvignon which has a road/rail line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭ablelocks

12 x 330ml bottles of Tiger are €12'ish in SuperValu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Yeah all animals apart from the NZ Sauvignon Blanc which has rugby players and the Aus Cabernet Sauvignon which has a road/rail line.

The SA Chenin Blanc is a favourite of mine and Fair Trade too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

hillbloom wrote: »
    Anyone know how much is a 70 cl of Jameson Whiskey in SUPERVALU at the moment. It was €30 earlier last week but I think its reduced now.

Not Supervalu but was in Dunnes yesterday (Saturday) and it was down to €23.

Will be heading in later today with a few €10 off €50 vouchers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

jprboy wrote: »
    Not Supervalu but was in Dunnes yesterday (Saturday) and it was down to €23.

Will be heading in later today with a few €10 off €50 vouchers :)
    Some of those Dunnes offers on spirits were due to end the 7th, just FYI, not sure of the Jameson was included in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Any guinness deals anywere? The proper cans not the new rubbish ones

• Registered Users Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco
    HrJxkoR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi 10/11
    6fcoQfP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

zell12 wrote: »
    Tesco
    HrJxkoR.png

Thanks for that, currently looking at Roe & Co, Bushmills Black Bush and Jameson (either Crested Ten or IPA)...but the Crested Ten is not showing online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Roe &Co is in ZELL12's post and is showing online

532199.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Bargain. I bought one on Friday in Dunnes for €35 and thought it was a bargain. Might have to grab another bottle or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Spotted Kahlua in my local Centra for €19 or thereabouts yesterday.. good value and perfect for espresso martinis!

Shot of vodka, shot of Kahlua, shot of espresso, teaspoon of sugar syrup / caster sugar (adjust depending how sweet you like it). Shake with ice cubes. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Basq wrote: »
    Spotted Kahlua in my local Centra for €19 or thereabouts yesterday.. good value and perfect for espresso martinis!

Shot of vodka, shot of Kahlua, shot of espresso, teaspoon of sugar syrup / caster sugar (adjust depending how sweet you like it). Shake with ice cubes. Sorted!

Not to mention White Russians. The dude abides.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

CH3OH wrote: »
    Roe &Co is in ZELL12's post and is showing online

532199.jpg

The Jameson Crested Ten is my preferred bottle and guess I will have to go to the store and check for it. May have to settle for the Jameson Caskmates IPA (craft beer taste) or Bushmills Black Bush. Roe & Co is a given...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

What website is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

Chemistry3 wrote: »
    The Jameson Crested Ten is not showing, guess I will have to go for the Jameson Caskmates IPA or Bushmills Black Bush. Roe & Co is a given...

What website is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

SkatesOn wrote: »
    What website is that?
    Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Is that about the best price you’d ever see kahlua?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Is that about the best price you’d ever see kahlua?
    Don't think I've ever seen it below €20 but not something I actively look out for either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Don't think I've ever seen it below €20 but not something I actively look out for either.

I actively look for it as the wife drinks espresso martinis & the lowest i can remember seeing it at is €20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Kahlua and milk like in The Big Lebowski.

Cream and vodka.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

In SuperValu as well.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-other-kahlua-70-cl-/p-1019661000

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

The only problem with that drink is........ well before you know it, the bottle is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Seve OB wrote: »
    The only problem with that drink is........ well before you know it, the bottle is gone!

I used to drink it in pubs years ago. I'd say I'd tear through the bottle at home alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Same price in Tesco too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Just back from Tesco's off-license Stillorgan.
    Got the last Row&co whisky in stock at €25 (great price, thanks OP) - none in the store room either.
    plus 1L of Gordons gin at €23, also a great price, plenty in stock.
    No 3 Swallows' at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Did a taste test on the 470ml guinness v 500ml.

3 guinness drinkers. 3 cans of each.

About 450ml poured from all cans into a tall 500ml glass, so levels were identical.

Bottom of glass marked with 6 different colours. These were recorded and hidden, so glasses could be mixed and base seen with no idea which was which.

Face masks used as blindfolds til half the glass was gone.

No discernable difference was noticed.

But when a 470ml was poured in front of two of them and given to them (I was the third person) , they suddenly said that there was a difference. Funny - one of them only had drunk the 470ml in the blind tasting, yet swore there was a difference in the 3 different 470ml cans.

Going to try the same with the 0% when it goes on sale next week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

Darc19 wrote: »

Going to try the same with the 0% when it goes on sale next week :D

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-guinness-draught-0-500-ml-/p-1740751000

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement