Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FrDougal

Update from Dunnes in Enniscorthy.

I believe the below were all €23 despite the ad saying "from €25". €10 off €50 appears to apply.

Cork Dry Gin 1Ltr
    Captain Morgan 1Ltr
    Smirnoff 1Ltr
    Jameson 70cl
    Bombay Sapphire 70cl
    Jack Daniels 70cl

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi All,

Centra have some special offers on, highlights being Baileys @ €12 and Roe & Co @ 29.50. Limited availability

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

FrDougal wrote: »
    Update from Dunnes in Enniscorthy.

I believe the below were all €23 despite the ad saying "from €25". €10 off €50 appears to apply.

Cork Dry Gin 1Ltr
    Captain Morgan 1Ltr
    Smirnoff 1Ltr
    Jameson 70cl
    Bombay Sapphire 70cl
    Jack Daniels 70cl

Yes ad in today's Independent has Smirnoff, Captain Morgan, CDG and JD at €23. Great deal when vouchers can be used...for now.

Finishes end of say saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tesco 3 for €50 on standard bottles of:
    * Bells Scotch
    * Gordons Gin
    * Smirnoff Vodka
    * Captain Morgans
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32928752

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Tesco 3 for €50 on standard bottles of:
    * Bells Scotch
    * Gordons Gin
    * Smirnoff Vodka
    * Captain Morgans
    interesting to see bells in with the usual 3.

the usual 3 are still €23 for 1L (only plain gordons as usual)

the 3x700ml for €50 works out at €23.81 per litre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Yes ad in today's Independent has Smirnoff, Captain Morgan, CDG and JD at €23. Great deal when vouchers can be used...for now.

Finishes end of say saturday.

Was in Dunnes yesterday.

Carlsberg 24 x 500ml cans €25
    Guinness 24 x 470ml cans €28

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes yesterday.

Carlsberg 24 x 500ml cans €25
    Guinness 24 x 470ml cans €28

I saw those Guinness slabs in SuperValu too for €28.... No rattle out of them 470ml cans though....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

70 bottles?? Christ! My wife gives out to me when I buy more than 6!

Just as well I'm not married to your missus then :D

Drink, cook and pressies so just about lasts ;)
    Always went to Tesco over Dunnes as Tesco is cash off instead of Dunnes which is a rebate back on Club card.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I saw those Guinness slabs in SuperValu too for €28.... No rattle out of them 470ml cans though....

Stay clear of those Guinness slabs there pure Muck the Guinness is like Tar.

I stock up on the 12 pack cans with the widget in Dunne's when on special and use the voucher.

Got 4 * 12 packs on Monday @ €15.50 per pack worked out @ €52 with the €10 off for the 4 packs - that's €26 per 24 cans.

Got 4 * 12 packs on Monday @ €15.50 per pack worked out @ €52 with the €10 off for the 4 packs - that's €26 per 24 cans.
    even without the money off it is €31 for 24, but if those cans were only 470ml it would be €29.14 for 24. So its not much more per litre for the 500mls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Stay clear of those Guinness slabs there pure Muck the Guinness is like Tar.

I stock up on the 12 pack cans with the widget in Dunne's when on special and use the voucher.

I'm with ya. I got 6 of them on Tuesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Supervalu have some good deals on including slabs of Carlsberg, Heino etc. Henesseys 28 euro, wine deals, boxes of bottles as well.
    I'm wrecked so can't find the picture for it, so if someone else has a bit of spare time they could link? Thanks.

Supervalu have some good deals on including slabs of Carlsberg, Heino etc. Henesseys 28 euro, wine deals, boxes of bottles as well.
    I'm wrecked so can't find the picture for it, so if someone else has a bit of spare time they could link? Thanks.

https://supervalu.ie/offers-leaflet/016/mobile/index.html
    Back few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

okidoki987 wrote: »

how long is that offer valid for on the slabs ?.

bassy wrote: »

Taken from the page 25, "Offers valid from 5/11/20 to 18/11/20 or while stocks last".
    Customer quotas may apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'd say while stocks last be the main thing. I will be stocking up anyway. The brandy will fly out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

bassy wrote: »

5th to the 11th November for the Heineken (€28) for 24 cans, assuming that they are in line with the other slabs. The Guinness is the 470ml muck - avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

cadaliac wrote: »
    5th to the 11th November for the Heineken (€28) for 24 cans, assuming that they are in line with the other slabs. The Guinness is the 470ml muck - avoid

there's a trick to get it close to the floating cans.

Pull the ring, then wait a few seconds for the nitrogen to release fully and get up the liquid and pour slowly so that all the nitrogen mixes.

The usual straight and full pour means you lose a lot of the nitrogen and get a "flat" pint.

bulmers 24x440ml is E25 in supervalu too, no end date showing.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/product/1735096000

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

any deals on Birra Moretti ? had a few bottles of it the last few weeks and really like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Unknownability

PTH2009 wrote: »
    any deals on Birra Moretti ? had a few bottles of it the last few weeks and really like it

Carry Out 12 330ml bottles for €15:50 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

6 pack of cans €9 Dunnes.

fin12 wrote: »
    6 pack of cans €9 Dunnes.

I think it’s 6 , can someone else confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prefer the 660ml pint bottles but thanks for the suggestions

Ya well the bottle offer is better value but I love that size can, very easy to carry and also drink out off.

I remember u could get swithwicks cans in that size, can’t get them anywhere now, actually I think I’m going to email them and ask them can they start making that size can again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

DublinCJM wrote: »

There was a controversy on Liveline a couple of weeks ago that the 470ml Guinness cans are flat because there is no widget in them but instead the widget is built into the can and its just not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭you2008

Henesseys 30 euro ( in case you only had tesco voucher)
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252238483

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tesco 4 for €10 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

silver2020 wrote: »
    there's a trick to get it close to the floating cans.

Pull the ring, then wait a few seconds for the nitrogen to release fully and get up the liquid and pour slowly so that all the nitrogen mixes.

The usual straight and full pour means you lose a lot of the nitrogen and get a "flat" pint.

still an awful taste to it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Lads, I'm looking for a decent bottle(s) of prosecco, lowest price but decent one, havent got a clue about them, just taste like pissh to me, if anyone can point me in right direction would be great, cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement