Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lads, I'm looking for a decent bottle(s) of prosecco, lowest price but decent one, havent got a clue about them, just taste like pissh to me, if anyone can point me in right direction would be great, cheers.

There's probably cheaper ones out there but this is on offer in O'Briens for €12.95.
    * Rizzardi Prosecco Frizzante
    * https://www.obrienswine.ie/products/rizzardi-prosecco-frizzante

Tesco have some prosecco in their 6 for €40 dealing running at the moment e.g.
    * Prosecco Frizzante Borsari
    * I Heart Prosecco
    * https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=295037230

Edit: If you don't need 6 bottles of prosecco you can mix and match it with other reds and whites in the deal.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I Heart Prosecco is very nice. 10 euro about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I Heart Prosecco is very nice. 10 euro about

Tesco doing 6 bottles for €40... also doing frizzante borsari(€10 a bottle), whats your taught on this one? Thank you for your help

Tesco doing 6 bottles for €40... also doing frizzante borsari(€10 a bottle), whats your taught on this one? Thank you for your help

I haven't tried that one but the one I mentioned is light and crispy and doesn't have that acrid taste like some Proseccos. Like the one in Lidl for 8 euro is rough but if you get the 11 euro bottle in Lidl in a white and black bottle is much nicer.
    Who is it for for? You could get 3 bottles of I Heart and maybe 3 bottles of wines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I haven't tried that one but the one I mentioned is light and crispy and doesn't have that acrid taste like some Proseccos. Like the one in Lidl for 8 euro is rough but if you get the 11 euro bottle in Lidl in a white and black bottle is much nicer.
    Who is it for for? You could get 3 bottles of I Heart and maybe 3 bottles of wines

Its for the carers/neighbours( i live far away) looking after the mother, she's adamant on prosecco, I'll go with the i heart prosecco seems the safest bet, I'll get the wine deal myself, have tesco vouchers which will help, thank you for your help much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Its for the carers/neighbours( i live far away) looking after the mother, she's adamant on prosecco, I'll go with the i heart prosecco seems the safest bet, I'll get the wine deal myself, have tesco vouchers which will help, thank you for your help much appreciated.

It is nice and I'm fussy. I've had 30 euro bottles of cava which weren't as tasty. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Lads, I'm looking for a decent bottle(s) of prosecco, lowest price but decent one, havent got a clue about them, just taste like pissh to me, if anyone can point me in right direction would be great, cheers.

I can recommend the Aldi organic prosecco for no hangover.

It's not overly sweet and it's €15.
    I don't know if it's considered a good one maybe some other posters can comment but defo no hangover from it so I buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tesco 4 for €10 yesterday

Full price Tesco baggot street

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

On their website as 4/10 so, I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Sometimes you don’t get the same deals in a Tesco express, from memory both on baggot street are Tesco express

• Advertisement

This, and only this .....

It’s about €12.80 with vat drop

https://foodandwine.ie/drinks/cocktails/lidl-prosecco-cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tesco 4 for €10 yesterday

Thanks for that, picked up 4 bottles

This, and only this .....

It’s about €12.80 with vat drop

https://foodandwine.ie/drinks/cocktails/lidl-prosecco-cocktails

That's the one I mentioned. It is nice but the poster has Tesco deal on their mind. I love that gin too, good call.

That's the one I mentioned. It is nice but the poster has Tesco deal on their mind. I love that gin too, good call.

Didn’t note they mentioned tesco

Didn’t note they mentioned tesco

I think it was in the train of conversation that followed. Good advice though, that prosecco is lovely.

Sometimes you don’t get the same deals in a Tesco express, from memory both on baggot street are Tesco express
    Greystones tomorrow so!

Forgot to mention- Tesco baggot street yesterday 4 X 500ml Samuel Adams €10, hadn't seen that included in that offer before

Forgot to mention- Tesco baggot street yesterday 4 X 660ml Samuel Adams €10, hadn't seen that included in that offer before

500 or 660mls?

500 or 660mls?

Was pretty sure they were 660ml til you asked!!

500 or 660mls?
    Checked Tesco site they're 500ml- cancel the stampede!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Sam Adams has been included in that offer for years in my local Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Cobra 12 x 330ml , 13.77 in supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Jameson Black Barrel in Tesco for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭you2008

dubstepper wrote: »
    Jameson Black Barrel in Tesco for €30

all most two weeks now? the things is very hard to see them at any tesco :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Lidl are doing a 6 for €40 wine promotion starting 12th November according to the latest leaflet, up to €9.34 each, "see in store for full range".

7 Pictured wines with scores out of 100 from their wine expert are:
    Chilean Malbec 84
    South Africa Chenin Blanc 86
    Australian Cabernet Sauvignon 87
    New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc 90
    Chilean Merlot 84
    Australian Chardonnay 88
    &
    a Shiraz 86

Good prices if they are that good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

you2008 wrote: »

Full display in Tesco Liffey Valley- they also have a pallet load of the 30 quid Roe and Co. Nothing else though- even the 'premium whiskey shelf' is empty (and they only have display boxes out anyway- to mitigate against shoplifters).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Lidl are doing a 6 for €40 wine promotion starting 12th November according to the latest leaflet, up to €9.34 each, "see in store for full range".

7 Pictured wines with scores out of 100 from their wine expert are:
    Chilean Malbec 84
    South Africa Chenin Blanc 86
    Australian Cabernet Sauvignon 87
    New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc 90
    Chilean Merlot 84
    Australian Chardonnay 88
    &
    a Shiraz 86

Good prices if they are that good.

If it's the 'animal' range as opposed to the Cimarossa then yes the reds are all lovely. Haven't tried the whites.
    e.g. the Chilean Resvera Privada merlot with the 'seal' picture on the bottle
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/grocery-range-red-wines/chile-merlot-reserva-privada-12-5/p23712

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Anyone know how much is a 70 cl of Jameson Whiskey in SUPERVALU at the moment. It was €30 earlier last week but I think its reduced now.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭homenotaway

you2008 wrote: »

Saw the Jameson Black Barrel underneath the champagne shelf in Athlone Tesco (Golden Island) last night (nowhere near the usual whiskey shelves) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 wakeupchamp

hillbloom wrote: »
    Anyone know how much is a 70 cl of Jameson Whiskey in SUPERVALU at the moment. It was €30 earlier last week but I think its reduced now.

€28 today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement