Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Pen Rua wrote: »
    The live webchat can sometimes be helpful - especially if you get in early. I've just been told there are severe backlogs in Cork at the minute.

I sent a package last Thursday. It still hasn't arrived. 30km down the road - I'd have been faster walking there myself! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Thats shocking. If they would just come clear and say listen folks we are struggling at the moment, bare with us. But no, they still even offer express delivery fantasy time frames.

Gally79 wrote: »
    I am also expecting a package from Austria, it has been posted on the 22nd October 2020 however according to Austrian tracking it has left the country but no update since. Cant believe it can take that long between 2 European countries. I've had post arriving from the US in less than a week.

Hoping this is similar to mine but I've a parcel that's been leaving the UK since the 19th October and it hadn't updated since.

I'm not seeing anything specific for the UK looking around online, Reddit, Royal Mail, here etc.. but the dates align up.

I'm not sure this is going to come but I get hopeful when I see the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

There's definitely delays. I was expecting a letter from Germany sent a week ago. Should've arrived already, finally arrived today.

I am currently expecting a few parcels via An Post and they cannot even find the tracking numbers. Probably by the time the numbers work, the parcel is already at my door.

It takes surprisingly long to get anything delivered from UK to Ireland. You'd think it'd be fast since the distances aren't that long but I guess it's the increased online shopping that causes stuff to lie in a depot longer than it normally would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Ping2132 wrote: »
    My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update

I am in the same situation as you.
    Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Registered letter posted on the 31st. I have a tracking number but still not showing up. Hasn’t been delivered.

Very important letter and getting nervous now!

godtabh wrote: »
    Registered letter posted on the 31st. I have a tracking number but still not showing up. Hasn’t been delivered.

Very important letter and getting nervous now!

I had the same issue a few weeks back, sometimes they miss a few scans. I’d give it until Friday. However for piece of mind I’d recommend to call AnPost and ask them if they can investigate on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bartt

it's comforting I am not the only one experiencing some issues with an post recently.
    i can't generally complain (other than on the fact they drop post randomly at my neighbours') but recent delivery got me stumped.
    I wonder how, provided the package had eircode and phone number, the delivery could fail so badly? it seems to be on its way back to China.

Is there a way to get the package back at this stage?

29 October 2020 15:51

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

28 October 2020 10:45

We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the sender. DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

27 October 2020 15:15

We tried to deliver your post
    Reason: The address was incomplete.

27 October 2020 15:15

Your delivery has been sorted in RAVENSDALE ROAD D.S.U., DUBLIN 3

27 October 2020 12:52

Your delivery is in RAVENSDALE ROAD D.S.U., DUBLIN 3

27 October 2020 09:32

Reason: The address was incomplete.

27 October 2020 07:34

Your post is out for delivery

26 October 2020 07:58

26 October 2020 00:03

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

24 October 2020 09:01

24 October 2020 00:52

23 October 2020 15:04

23 October 2020 06:43

Your post is out for delivery

23 October 2020 01:35

22 October 2020 21:47

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

22 October 2020 16:28

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

bartt wrote: »
    it's comforting I am not the only one experiencing some issues with an post recently.
    i can't generally complain (other than on the fact they drop post randomly at my neighbours') but recent delivery got me stumped.
    I wonder how, provided the package had eircode and phone number, the delivery could fail so badly? it seems to be on its way back to China.

Is there a way to get the package back at this stage?

29 October 2020 15:51

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

28 October 2020 10:45

We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the ave your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Select "redelivery" option. Put correct address in and it should get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Over a week here waiting for two parcels from within Ireland. Looks like I'm not alone in my frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bartt

Darc19 wrote: »
    Select "redelivery" option. Put correct address in and it should get to you.

the only caveat is i need to put information from the delivery note that I never got :]

called the 'general' anpost number up and they said it's on it's way back to the sender. doh... what the heck is eircode good for me wonders...

Just received a package from the US (departed LA Airport on the 23rd October 2020)
    No tracking update since then, Postman just delivered it.

Some surprise....

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

Ordered Vape stuff from Watford on Friday Morning 30th of October,
    Was dispatched on the day and now stuck in heathrow im guessing as An Post hasn't scanned it yet. Took 6 days in September.

Friday 30 October 06:05pm
    Item received at Home Counties North MC

Friday 30 October 06:31pm
    Item Despatched to Heathrow Worldwide DC

Sunday 01 November 12:12am
    Item Received by Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC

Sunday 01 November 12:16am
    Item Leaving the UK on Royal mail webtrack

Anyone else waiting for International signed parcels from Heathrow?:confused:

mockler007 wrote: »
    Was dispatched on the day and now stuck in heathrow im guessing as An Post hasn't scanned it yet. Took 6 days in September.

Yes had a similar issue with 4 other packages, they left the US/UK/Germany however AnPost never scanned them (i assume due to their backlog). They all got delivered yesterday and today, however according to the tracking info they havent even reached Ireland yet. I therefore assume they stopped tracking the journey until they reach their final destination.

Gally79 wrote: »
    Yes had a similar issue with 4 other packages, they left the US/UK/Germany however AnPost never scanned them (i assume due to their backlog). They all got delivered yesterday and today, however according to the tracking info they havent even reached Ireland yet. I therefore assume they stopped tracking the journey until they reach their final destination.

Not tracking tracking post? Sure dont they have to be scanned once taken off the truck and put on their conveyor belts in Dublin 12.
    I normally use DPD and have never had an issue in 10 years, even during the actual lockdown in April, it was 3 days from uk or next day in ireland, where as GLS, was a week for 12 miles within Dublin in April

Shop has said they will resend it if its not arrived by Friday 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

What's the latest An Post has delivered?

I'm still waiting on a package that they've had since last week, and it's a little bizarre.

Wed, 21 October - order placed with Amazon.
    Thurs, 22 October - order ships.
    Fri, 23 October - order arrives into Ireland.
    (weekend)
    Thurs, 29 October - attempted delivery (which in reality was the postman having to go back to depot).
    (weekend)
    Mon, 2 November - out for delivery since 9am and no sign yet.

A little strange! In the interim I've received multiple parcels shipped via An Post.

So it's the end of the week and no sign of said parcel, which hasn't been scanned since Monday.

I went back on to the webchat (they must be sick of me!) and was told the query had been escalated since there's been no reply since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I sent a package last Thursday. It still hasn't arrived. 30km down the road - I'd have been faster walking there myself! :rolleyes:

Package has arrived - 1 week later!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Babyonboard95

I ordered a few things from an Irish company Tuesday 27th, due to be delivered by an post. The items were dispatched the same day but have still not arrived to me. My tracking details show it has been “mis sorted” twice. Like honestly what kind of incompetence is this? I also ordered some things from boots (uk) last Friday and those were delivered Tuesday by a courier. Doesn’t exactly encourage people to support Irish businesses (I know it’s not the business’ fault, rather our postal system) 🀦ðŸ¼*♀️

mockler007 wrote: »

UPDATE

06 November 2020 13:34
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

06 November 2020 13:32
    We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

06 November 2020 12:32
    Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

So, 7 to 10 days if ordering from uk through Royal Mail signed tracked parcels through Heathrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jcrs

Have a package in Germany since 29 Oct, it's from DHL and was going to be handed to An Post, but the an post tracking still doesn't work.

Last update was:
    Th, 29.10.2020, 07:07, Köln, Germany
    The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.

Anyone in the same situation?

Also have other shipment from Amazon.co.uk that was supossed to be delivered on Monday, but the an post track also doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jcrs wrote: »
    Have a package in Germany since 29 Oct, it's from DHL and was going to be handed to An Post, but the an post tracking still doesn't work.

Last update was:
    The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.

Also have other shipment from Amazon.co.uk that was supossed to be delivered on Monday, but the an post track also doesn't work.

Almost everybody is in the same situation. Looks like massive backlogs at An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

jcrs wrote: »

Last update was:

I had a package coming from Germany around June/July it sat in Germany for about a week before AnPost got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

whiterebel wrote: »
    Almost everybody is in the same situation. Looks like massive backlogs at An Post.

I seem to have been lucky with my last parcel from Germany. It left Cologne on Monday, arrived in the Dublin Parcel Hub at midnight today and was delivered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

whiterebel wrote: »

It's hardly surprising though. There no shops open in town and everyone is buying their Christmas stuff online. Even more so than any other year.

If there wasn't a backlog, I'd be more than surprised.

My parcel is out for delivery again today... fingers crossed.

My parcel is out for delivery again today... fingers crossed.

And the parcel has arrived, albeit very damaged but the contents are all ok.

Also had a parcel for me what was shipped 4 November (Wednesday) so maybe the backlog is clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jcrs

Order from 01/11 from Amazon.de arrived in Dublin:
    07 November 2020 17:38
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

07 November 2020 17:12
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

But the order from 27/10 that was with DHL still have no An Post tracking:

We, 28.10.2020, 21:14, Köln, Germany
    The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Tu, 27.10.2020, 17:18
    The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically

Starting to think that it's lost. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I also fear my parcel may be lost, left Saint Helens, Merseyside GB more than a week ago, no update since. Keeping my fingers crossed it's just delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I reckon it's just a delay, there's loads of people in the same situation with the same last update, including me. One guy only had theirs processed today after it left England at the end of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

I also fear my parcel may be lost, left Saint Helens, Merseyside GB more than a week ago, no update since. Keeping my fingers crossed it's just delayed

In the same boat,amazon just offered a full refund. 3 out of 5 parcels have gone missing, have received refunds but it's just so disappointing

Advertisement