Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options
1596061626365»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

Is it a large or long item? Have a delay myself on a long item. It’s out for delivery today was posted Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Well big enough box around 4kg of electronics 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Normal post still crap from UK. A £25 win on premium bonds on the 2nd November and cheque arrived on the 30th (UK>Ireland). Probably An Post throw a wobbly over 2nd class mail from the UK thats not posted at Air Mail rates but no official body bothers to pay the full postal rate.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MoonMotorway

I know it's very busy after black Friday and in the run up to Christmas. I can never fault an post and my local post lady and post men. They are so good.

I ordered a package last week at the weekend approx. I got an estimated delivery day for the 4th of December. It's a national delivery. Ordered from Dublin for delivery to the west.

There's no update toy tracking. I would have presumed that the parcel would at least be picked up at this stage and moved onto at least portloaise mails centre for delivery.

It hasn't made any progress since this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

It's Royal Mail who throw a wobbly over 2nd class postage being used for Ireland .

It was very noticeable after Christmas that you would get Christmas cards from the UK till the 3rd week of January that only had 2nd Class postage but had been date stamped in a mail centre about a month earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Apologies for venting but I find this frustrating. I'm waiting on a delivery and find it astonishing that the package was delivered from Germany to the parcel hub in Dublin in 2 days. It has sat in the parcel hub for the same amount of time with no update. Incredible. A competent courier system can move the package 1000km overseas in 2 days but an post can't drive it 100km down the road to me in a reasonable time frame.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have they confirmed arrival in Dublin? 2 days is suspiciously quick.I'd normally allow 3-4 days, depending on departure date. Mine are usually 7 days from Munich to delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Yes, it had a couple of updates saying it was received in the parcel hub. To be fair it was delivered the following day so not too bad in the end but it's annoying the tracking just stalls like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭JVince

very easy and very plausible. German system simply needs to put everything marked "Ireland" into a green tub and shove that onto a flight. The auto sorting system would do that just as quickly as sorting a Dusseldorf to Cologne package. Flights are plentiful and its a quiet time of year, so 2 days easily done and probably standard. Similarly 2 days from Dublin to German main sorting centre is very plausible and probably standard too.

What does the status say? An Post use strange wording. If it says "Your delivery has been sorted PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS" (or Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12) or similar, this means it has actually left the hub and is on the way or already in the local delivery unit. The next notification after this is "out for delivery and that usually shows at 7am on delivery day.

But delays can be caused by customs checks to ensure the package does not contain certain goods such as drugs, medicines, alcohol, tobacco etc - just the same way as Germany will have a cursory customs check on packages coming from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

When it says Your delivery has been sorted PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS" this means that the item has been sorted into a bag or a cage for its next location.Some item leave Portlaoise centre and go to Athlone,get sorted again for other locations mostly on the west of the country.It does happen that an item can sit in Portlaoise for days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Are there any delays with anPost recently again?Sent registered parcel,was told 2days max(Galway-Kildare) but the parcel tracking number hasnt been updated since I posted 5days ago.

Tried to contact them via web chat but was told they dont have any update either 😂😂😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I sent a tracked parcel to Dublin over a week ago, but the tracking hasn't moved from Port Laoise. Second time this has happened. It had been delivered but never tracked or signed for.

I was waiting for a parcel on Tuesday that had arrived at the local PO and was out for delivery. About 4 o'clock the tracking updated to attempted delivery. We were home all day and there was no delivery. On Wednesday a parcel arrived at the local PO, but never updated to out for delivery. I called down to the local PO and the 2 parcels were there. They were never put out for delivery because "the postman was out yesterday". Must have been out the following day too, as it wasn't put out for delivery, I had to collect.

Postage rates go up and up, service gets ever worse. Everything goes slow when it hits Ireland, parcels, AddressPal, DHL parcels and local post.

I just hope mine will shop up.Sent tracked and insured .I just let my client know to wait few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Delays delays, what on earth is happening with AnPost recently? I'm waiting for parcel that was sent on 23rd of Feb. There's no update on the tracking system since then. AnPost claims that the parcel might be already in destination country (which is not true), in the dest country Post Office says that according to the tracking info it's en route. There's no way to figure out where is it. It's insured for €200, but I'm wondering at what point I'll be able to file a claim for that €200.

I guess next time it'll be a better idea to pay more for DPD or FedEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

The one time I claimed on a non-delivered registered item it took An Post 14 months to pay out the €60.00 value I put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

That is so bad, I have no words to describe my frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

My local post person was great, always helpful, always delivering with care.

We got a new person a few weeks back and it's all different now.

This morning at 07:57 I got notification that three parcels are out for delivery and at 09:18 the status changed to "we tried to deliver your item" with "Reason: ".

Immediately looking out of the window, no AnPost driver, looking through the CCTV, no AnPost Driver the whole morning either.

Spoke to a neighbor, who funny enough had the same!

So, what, now we load stuff onto the van and then scan it as "we tried to deliver" despite not even trying, there is no note or anything and Amazon send me a text just now that "AnPost will do another delivery attempt on Monday".

Boy, and I was trying to be nice to the person as it's a heavy parcel and come out and take it off them to avoid them having to carry it up all the way to the reception area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Report it to An Post. If he tries that too often he'll get the sack. At least thats what my postman tells me as he is very careful to deliver everything each day he has even doubled back before when he missed a letter.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I've never sent anything to China before so not sure if I'm being fed a load of BS by the An Post rep on facebook messenger. On 03/04/2024 I registered a small package going to China. Today, 13/04/2024, according to the tracking info, it's still sitting in the NAAS D.S.U., CO KILDARE.

The rep says it's not in Naas but in the Dublin sorting centre awaiting a flight.

Is it BS or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

I have a super special one today. An post sitting on a parcel from the UK for almost a month since it arrived and customs was paid on it. Numerous attempts to follow up and track (webchat, twitter etc) with various jobsworths at An Post customer service, absolutely no joy. Latest response from over a week ago was the best:"… My colleague you spoke to on Webchat has raised the matter with our colleagues in the mail centre to have it released as soon as possible but I do not have a further update yet I'm afraid. Please keep an eye on the tracking system for further updates… " If Carlsberg did unhelpful… it would be called Anpost.

I would think it was returned, and has gone missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

After waiting on the phone 30 mins today they said we are not even sure if we ever received it ….

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

What's up with An Post lately…? Shouldn't mail destined to somewhere in Dublin go to Dublin Mail Centre instead of Portlaoise? I mean, if we're talking about airmail from abroad, shouldn't it make more sense that it ends up in Dublin? Recently I've had a couple of parcels going to Portlaoise instead of Dublin and these are parcels that land on Dublin airport. The most recent one is now sitting in the wrong post office after it was sorted wrong at Portlaoise and instead of getting it today, I will have to most likely wait until Monday. Annoying.

Item is now officially missing and an An Post rep on the phone (01) 705 7600 agreed that the excuse (waiting for a flight) given by "Cathal", an An Post rep on Facebook messenger was "incorrect".

Be aware that items registered and going "International" are only insured by An Post for €35.00

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Oh not the dreaded "C"… I don't trust the guy, he's been wrong before. And not the most pleasant to deal with either. I get the impression whenever anyone else is there to answer, they will at least try to help. But this person/bot/whatever just states something and usually it's not even correct. I now wonder if the info he gave me that my parcel will be arriving on Monday is incorrect too. Probably is.

Edit: The info was incorrect again… Arrived today.

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

Advertisement