Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is the spoiler standard, or aftermarket? Is it flush with the top of the boot, or does it rest on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

MarkR wrote: »
    Is the spoiler standard, or aftermarket? Is it flush with the top of the boot, or does it rest on it?

It’s standard on the Sportline, it sits slightly proud of the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

DSC-0307.jpg

Gave her a wash, polish and seal today. Not looking too bad for a 13 year old car..

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Before:
    obBiKSF.jpgm

After :D:D
    sWXgTvC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,408 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Glad you held onto it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You'd never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Glad you held onto it!
    I'm glad it worked out, I'm lucky insurance covered it in the end :D
    You'd never know.
    The car is better than it was before the accident haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

W6u06vW.jpg
    HVuQGr7.jpg
    Added a front splitter couple of weeks ago! Finishes the front nicely I think 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I thought you spilled yellow paint all over the front. Just a reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

The ST is looking great Gav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Car is looking great Gav,
    Snooping around Fermoy I see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Picked up this nice little Mk4 Fiesta earlier this week for €500 as a winter/lockdown project.

Only 36k, and not a bit of rust on the sils/arches which is a miracle for one of these.

Needs a few minor bits to tidy it up and get through the NCT, but not expecting anything major.

KkqqcxM.jpg
    QLukASy.jpg
    cZWZP3v.jpg
    b0am7Sc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That looks immaculate. Very rare to find one of them these days that isn't a rotter.

bazz26 wrote: »
    That looks immaculate. Very rare to find one of them these days that isn't a rotter.

Yeah it is a miracle honestly. Few dings and scrapes which the pictures don't show but its remarkably clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Me currently looking outside... still wanting to get the car cleaned.

DeafeningUnhappyGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Just had the wheels refurbed and all the petrol station car wash swirls removed :P and the weather is pure sh*te

attachment.php?attachmentid=531247&stc=1&d=1604146046

attachment.php?attachmentid=531248&stc=1&d=1604146134

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

531316.jpg

Bought this beauty few weeks ago. Got puncture already so wearing the biscuit for now. Few things to do like the lock on one of the front doors, electric window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

dylbert wrote: »
    It’s standard on the Sportline, it sits slightly proud of the boot.

Nice spec on those Superb sport lines. I was close to buying one a few weeks ago in the UK, some real bargains to be got there. The one I looked at was a 17 Estate 190bhp dsg with plenty of extra spec. Went with the EClass in the end though for the extra refinement and space. Funny enough the superb ended up in my town a week or two later with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Collected today, Leon FR First Edition, 2.0TDi

IMG-20201103-142513-1.jpg

IMG-20201103-142528-1.jpg

IMG-20201104-161628-1.jpg

2b9b769b-fc14-4961-a40f-819af46249ec.jpg

IMG-20201103-125713-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Smashing! Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Forgive my ignorance, semi auto?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Forgive my ignorance, semi auto?.

Yup, you can just about see the paddles behind the steering wheel in the interior pic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yup, you can just about see the paddles behind the steering wheel in the interior pic

Beautiful, well wear and enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Very nice, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Had a Leon, she was 110bhp, quite quick, a white on start up especially if cold, couldn't insure a 90bhp golf but this was no issues at all ...

Had 130bhp golf too which was gun metal grey, really wanted to keep but wouldn't insure either ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Very nice car, well wear and best of luck with it. We bought a new Ateca FR as our family car this year and it's great, SEAT have really upped their game in recent years.

I can't help but think how well that Leon would look with a slight lowering though, nothing crazy maybe 20mm.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Very nice car, well wear and best of luck with it. We bought a new Ateca FR as our family car this year and it's great, SEAT have really upped their game in recent years.

I can't help but think how well that Leon would look with a slight lowering though, nothing crazy maybe 20mm.

I have have bought a few new Seat cars since 2006. Current one is an Arona FR. The quality was always good, but you are right, the current generation is really a step up.

The 150 BHP 1.5 Tsi engine is an absolute peach too.

Really like the Leon FR posted above. Looks sweet. Best of luck with it. Might be looking that way myself when the Arona is due to be upgraded in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Tzardine wrote: »
    I have have bought a few new Seat cars since 2006. Current one is an Arona FR. The quality was always good, but you are right, the current generation is really a step up.

The 150 BHP 1.5 Tsi engine is an absolute peach too.

Really like the Leon FR posted above. Looks sweet. Best of luck with it. Might be looking that way myself when the Arona is due to be upgraded in a couple of years.

Yeah I agree, we have the 1.5TSi in the Ateca, lovely engine and quite economical. It does lack a bit of low down torque though, the 2.0 TDi would definitely trump it in that department. I find its not an engine to be revving out, although ours only has 5kms on it yet so maybe that will free out a bit as the mileage goes up.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, we have the 1.5TSi in the Ateca, lovely engine and quite economical. It does lack a bit of low down torque though, the 2.0 TDi would definitely trump it in that department. I find its not an engine to be revving out, although ours only has 5kms on it yet so maybe that will free out a bit as the mileage goes up.

Yeah I found that ours was the same. It did free up after a while. And used a bit of oil too.

Did not notice any torque issues in the Arona, but it is a fair bit smaller and less weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

lovely have the st version on order in the same color with the 1.5 dsg. looking forward to it, a big upgrade from the mk3 which i currently drive

Advertisement