Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

My Plus500 finally moved to profit today (Post transaction costs) but at a major resistance point now. Could turn back around now if doesnt push past 1650/1700.

Bought on Oct 4th and SL moved to within 7% now of where purchased, is usually 10% away. Keeping more of a close eye on this than other holdings due to resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

I had a buy order that I had forgot about for Amazon at €2665, not sure how I feel about it.

But I can't be sad today, 4D Pharma up 23%, which makes up a sizable proportion of my portfolio. This boosted me back over break-even since I started trading back in the end on June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    That's what I'm saying. Thinking of going in but everyone is so negative on it after the til tock thing and their financials not being as good as expected.

Still think it will go back up to 100 atleast.
    they report results next week, market could go either way from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed, that was this mornings RNS :)

was hoping to jump in around 75-80 P level, guess have to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Timing belt

hottipper wrote: »
    I found a new cloud stock for ye all but this one hasn't run 300% yet :pac:

The company is ncino $ncno.
    They a cloud bank developing banking software built on top of salesforce. From their last earnings revenue up 52% (subscription revenue was up 70%). They have key partnerships with Accenture, Salesforce, JD Power, FICO, Experian, DocuSign, Equifax, and Infosys. They have TDBank, SunTrust, KeyBank, Santander, Bank of the West, and 13 other banks with over $10 billion + 36 banks with $10 billion. They also list AIB as a customer if it helps and just a few days ago they signed up barclays (from looking at there twitter account). Current price is about $80 so its kinda pricy as it was supposed to ipo at 31$ (initial valuation)- ipo'd at $77 instead with all the hype around this sector.
    Ive bought in already but prepared to buy more if it does dip down into the 40's range. Any thoughts? lots of banks stuck with old software systems that need an upgrade and its hard for them to move off these platforms once they in. Could be a good long term trade. lets see

https://www.ncino.com/
    https://www.ncino.com/success/financial-institutions

Maybe a long term bet but can’t see banks investing heavily when their profitability is hit so hard by the low interest environment in the short term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Not much love for ncino so, good to get some feedback thanks!

hottipper wrote: »
    Not much love for ncino so, good to get some feedback thanks!

It's on my watchlist, but between Square, PayPal, StoneCo, Sea, I'm probably in too many payment stocks

SPACs taking a beating and old gaurd Big Oil in Green :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

So no one have any thoughts on Fastly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

SPACs taking a beating and old gaurd Big Oil in Green :)

Being buying XOM since mid Sept. I was starting to worry that the $32 support would fail. Starting to make a come back over the last few days. All I need now is that Vaccine and then Big stimulus packages around the world.
    (Would a War in the middle east be out of the question :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Having a little punt on JKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Wombatman wrote: »
    Having a little punt on JKS.

Some month for that stock. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Asana looks to me like it should be a decent bet. What do you guys think?

was hoping to jump in around 75-80 P level, guess have to wait :)

..... that bus might never come

Augeo wrote: »
    ..... that bus might never come

probably, it was on its way until Friday though...but they changed schedule with the merger announcement :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

NCYT killing it again this morning +8% in Paris +5% in London .

It will cushion the blow if INTEL tanks when we open.
    Friggin Wall St again, hammering INTC cos they beat revenue estimates , they met eps and they raised their guidance , but one sector lagged so they hit the whole stock.
    ah well the dividend will cushion the blow. And their $10 billion share buyback will prop up the stock, plus the $9 billion NAND sale to SK and then the arrival of XE GPU .. theres still some hope. It was always a safe haven trading a narrow band parking spot.

DDDD was a big miss for me.
    Id not been following it all but took a look based on all the tipsters here, and with such a small float it was crying out for a pop but I didnt. Well done to those who pulled the trigger . We all win some and lose some.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

RIGOLO wrote: »

Friggin Wall St again, hammering INTC cos they beat revenue estimates , they met eps and they raised their guidance , but one sector lagged so they hit the whole stock.
    ah well the dividend will cushion the blow. And their $10 billion share buyback will prop up the stock, plus the $9 billion NAND sale to SK and then the arrival of XE GPU .. theres still some hope. It was always a safe haven trading a narrow band parking spot.

DDDD was a big miss for me.
    Id not been following it all but took a look based on all the tipsters here, and with such a small float it was crying out for a pop but I didnt. Well done to those who pulled the trigger . We all win some and lose some.

Any view on how much more NCYT has to go? I got in based on your tip, ty, but thinking of adding more...not sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭jams100

RIGOLO wrote: »

Also own Intel. They basically met analysts estimates, nothing to light up the room, also nothing immediate about the 7nm chip, but I'm going to hold already in Nvidia and AMD is way too expensive for me right now. The dividend makes Intel a safe stock still see it being $55 in 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Cpfm wrote: »
    Any view on how much more NCYT has to go? I got in based on your tip, ty, but thinking of adding more...not sure..

I got in too up 50% thanks. That was the easy part... Now to time an exit.
    Stick or Twist?

I would say it's a buying opportunity if INTC drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

Long time lurker, I really enjoy the content, I created this account to comment on this board and share my portfolio and some thoughts.

Lemonade @$55 average
    I bought this as I was intrigued by the Insurance disrupter taking on legacy insurance services with a recurring business model, sexy UI and a tech first approach. I did not sell when I should of when it hit the highs of ~$90 shortly after IPO (mistake). They are Certified B Corporation which "are a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit" (this could be a pro if it's good marketing for socially conscious millennials) but it does worry me as a shareholder that the company needs to balance purpose with Profit - what b*llox. The expansion plans are exciting, you can imagine market cap growing on entry to new Geos, new insurance services (Car, Health, other). I feel I know this stock well having watched it since IPO, I will average down $40-$50 range and NEXT TIME, set stop loss in the $70+ range

Slack @$26 average
    I bought the day of the IPO for $42 and have been averaging down since. It haunts me that I choose Slack over Zoom and watched Zoom moon and Slack went down or sideways. I kept saying Zoom was overvalued at $100, $200, $300, $400 (a lot of FOMO here). Why I stick with Slack is, I feel I know this stock now watching the price action, CEO on CNBC etc and it *could* work out in the end as Slack is very sticky once its rolled out to employees and the pure hope that Slack could get acquired by a legacy tech company (Oracle, IBM) for $40-$50 if not get there themselves in 1-2 years with the headwind of Covid-19.

J&J @$144 average
    They are working on a vaccine, they may not be the first to market but there will be UNLIMITED DEMAND for this vaccine - J&J will get their share of the market, and with the hand sanitizer recalls in schools today, maybe not being first could be a good thing. I will hold J&J as it's a pretty stable stock and dividend payout in December. Pharma plays are very speculative, I've been burned many times. Play safe with them!

Asana @$24 average
    Collaboration software, recent IPO, I think it could be a 2x in 1-2 years, I will average down if it goes <$20

My biggest regret this year is missing out on Zoom, fannying around thinking it was overvalued at $100, $200, $300 and so on. Heartbreaking.

I've been watching ISE stocks, mainly Dalata - I was hoping with the level 5, they would break below €2 and I'd hold in anticipation of a recovery, they bounced around €2.25 this week and have popped a bit - anyone have any thoughts on Dalata Group? How is Ryanair not <€10? Would you put money in either of these in this climate? Buy when there's blood in the streets?

Phew, good to offload. Appreciate any advice, comments, observations.

ADZAM wrote: »
    Long time lurker, I really enjoy the content, I created this account to comment on this board and share my portfolio and some thoughts.

Lemonade @$55 average
    I bought this as I was intrigued by the Insurance disrupter taking on legacy insurance services with a recurring business model, sexy UI and a tech first approach. I did not sell when I should of when it hit the highs of ~$90 shortly after IPO (mistake). They are Certified B Corporation which "are a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit" (this could be a pro if it's good marketing for socially conscious millennials) but it does worry me as a shareholder that the company needs to balance purpose with Profit - what b*llox. The expansion plans are exciting, you can imagine market cap growing on entry to new Geos, new insurance services (Car, Health, other). I feel I know this stock well having watched it since IPO, I will average down $40-$50 range and NEXT TIME, set stop loss in the $70+ range

Slack @$26 average
    I bought the day of the IPO for $42 and have been averaging down since. It haunts me that I choose Slack over Zoom and watched Zoom moon and Slack went down or sideways. I kept saying Zoom was overvalued at $100, $200, $300, $400 (a lot of FOMO here). Why I stick with Slack is, I feel I know this stock now watching the price action, CEO on CNBC etc and it *could* work out in the end as Slack is very sticky once its rolled out to employees and the pure hope that Slack could get acquired by a legacy tech company (Oracle, IBM) for $40-$50 if not get there themselves in 1-2 years with the headwind of Covid-19.

J&J @$144 average
    They are working on a vaccine, they may not be the first to market but there will be UNLIMITED DEMAND for this vaccine - J&J will get their share of the market, and with the hand sanitizer recalls in schools today, maybe not being first could be a good thing. I will hold J&J as it's a pretty stable stock and dividend payout in December. Pharma plays are very speculative, I've been burned many times. Play safe with them!

Asana @$24 average
    Collaboration software, recent IPO, I think it could be a 2x in 1-2 years, I will average down if it goes <$20

My biggest regret this year is missing out on Zoom, fannying around thinking it was overvalued at $100, $200, $300 and so on. Heartbreaking.

I've been watching ISE stocks, mainly Dalata - I was hoping with the level 5, they would break below €2 and I'd hold in anticipation of a recovery, they bounced around €2.25 this week and have popped a bit - anyone have any thoughts on Dalata Group? How is Ryanair not <€10? Would you put money in either of these in this climate? Buy when there's blood in the streets?

I own Lemonade for the reasons you mention, I agree with Asana and will be buying that soon. I fear for Slack really, we have it at work, but we also have Teams (through the default Microsoft licence). Teams is completely dominating where I work, and sounds like it is in a lot of other big organisations too. My worry for Slack is how much better it has to be than Teams (to beat out everyone who has Teams for free), and what it can do to be that much better. I can't see it right now.

JNJ is a great stock as an anchor, but I don't buy the "they'll develop a vaccine and be rich" argument. I can't see how anyone will be able to say "look at all the money we made off Covid". But they do lots of other great stuff that makes it a great stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Lemonade @$55 average

Slack @$26 average

J&J @$144 average

Asana @$24 average

You are very welcome ADZAM....and a great first post.

Will only comment on Dalata and Ryanair. I think you are spot on. Both good recovery plays

Dalata might have further to fall, yes possibly to sub €2...... It must be hurting really bad?
    Ryanair SP has been incredibly resilient considering the perfect storm of Covid and new plane purchases and bad fuel hedging.... currently €13 which seems expensive (if you look at the beating their competitors are taking). Absolutely needs to be under €10

Two others that I like on the ISEQ,

YEW Groove REIT

Cairn homes

Both have had their SP's nicely trimmed by the pandemic....but their earnings are basically uneffected.....also at current prices both are giving out fat dividends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Agreed with Teams, it has come on a lot and even the dev teams in my job have started to use it over slack. It's just getting better and better. The more app integrations it gets it will be more beneficial and they can always just do what FB do, if you have competition just copy there best features so maybe they will bring the best features of slack and competitors and take a massive userbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I bought TILS last week at 180p. Thought it had a good bit of promise to roll up to £2+ by the end of the month as it is to have a 1 for 1 demerger at the end of the month. However, it seems to be struggling to break above the 180 mark. The twiterati seem to be putting this down to US MMs keeping the price suppressed and it's only a matter if time before it shoots up, but whether that's true could be anyone's guess .

It has a promising pipeline, including a potential covid treatment similar to the one which was used on Trump, and that Pipeline the main reason I'm in it.

(I referred to its US ticket TLSA last week, but decided to stay away from the Nasdaq on this one.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭crushproof

Slack @$26 average

Some good insights, in the same boat regarding Zoom, dithered for ages not understanding what the fuss was all about and never jumped in.
    But I'm still perplexed at the valuation. In my line of work there's been a huge shift to Teams this year, Slack has been sidelined and Zoom doesn't make an appearance anywhere. The only time I've used Zoom was early on in the lockdown for those family video chats which no one seems to do anymore. So I've

Dalata might have further to fall, yes possibly to sub €2...... It must be hurting really bad?

They seem confident of getting through this.

They recently leased hotels in the UK at "post covid price" deals and also are endeavouring to get into London which they were previously priced out of (they are bargain hunters at the best of times).

Longterm you'd fancy them to survive and they can well afford to keep the lights on and invest further with room rates down 40%+ and occupancy down to 40% ish.

I'd see the current price as a good entry point tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

4d coming back with a vengeance. I averaged BEP down from 160 to 140 when the price dropped. Kicking myself I didn't average down further. But then again, I was fearful of throwing good money after bad.

Rothmans wrote: »
    4d coming back with a vengeance. ..................

Indeed, I'd not be surprised to see a retrace to 1.10 ish over the coming week or so ......... today's rise is steep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Agreed with Teams, it has come on a lot and even the dev teams in my job have started to use it over slack. It's just getting better and better. The more app integrations it gets it will be more beneficial and they can always just do what FB do, if you have competition just copy there best features so maybe they will bring the best features of slack and competitors and take a massive userbase.

Unfortunately I agree with view of Teams replacing zoom (although I think zoom is a lot less fuss and more stable). Schools were all Zooming at the start even though they'd be either a Google or MS Office platform. Now they're looking to streamline and integrate Teams back into their already existing apps like One Note , Outlook etc. In my spouse's multi national business they're abandoning Skype and integrating Teams as well.
    Really I can't see Zoom lasting, unless it's bought out by Google ... Zoogle :pac:

Advertisement