Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Market rumor PSTH taking stake in Bloomberg to IPO, my largest holding....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

AmberGold wrote: »
    Market rumor PSTH taking stake in Bloomberg to IPO, my largest holding....

I picked some last week at 22.50 :D

Covid-19 play - folks it seems, most of the Pharma giants like Pfizer, Astra, J&J et al are all in the later stages of vaccine development and have agreed deals with majority of countries...I guess it's time to sell your small cap covid play names who are still in 1st and 2nd phases...I have VXRT and INO (both in red actually) will get rid of them as soon as any positive increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I picked some last week at 22.50 :D

Nice, have a lot of Warrants in this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

"Playing catch up in the business merchant sector, JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM) is rolling out a checking account paired with QuickAccept, pushing into an area pioneered by Square (NYSE:SQ) and PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL). The service lets businesses take card payments through a mobile app or contactless card reader, while users will see sales hit their Chase accounts on the same day. The company will soon migrate "a large portion" of its more than 3M small business customers to the new service, according to Jen Roberts, CEO of the Chase business banking unit."

What are people's thoughts of this? Could be the start of something bigger whereby all the banks introduce something similar? Or are Square and PayPal too big already?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

popping champagne. another 5%
    we broke £10 sterling mark for NCYT .. 11.06 euro, told you those sneaky mm's were shaking the tree last week with their under 9 drop. I hope no one let go .
    Talk the French health authority is looking for a dual test, Covid and Influenza.. whihc is right up our street with the NYCT Winterplex.
    late for my afternoon cycle but it was worth this wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

I'm very much starting to sweat on Edesa, down 2.70% premarket already, I'm attempting to average down but it's already done some serious damage. Making a play with Pinterest/Activision as a medium hold to try and stay afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I'm very much starting to sweat on Edesa, down 2.70% premarket already, I'm attempting to average down but it's already done some serious damage. Making a play with Pinterest/Activision as a medium hold to try and stay afloat.

Know nothing about Edesa but the chart is spike/gap down over the last 4 months with a general upward trend- it's due a spike - question is do you think it'll happen, any catalysts on the way?
    If you sell for a loss it's lost forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Yep, struggling to keep this in the portfolio..

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Know nothing about Edesa but the chart is spike/gap down over the last 4 months with a general upward trend- it's due a spike - question is do you think it'll happen, any catalysts on the way?
    If you sell for a loss it's lost forever.

I mean they had a brief 30 minute spike of 30% this week and now it's tumbled over 20% from where it spiked from on the back of good news. Everything I can see from the company is good news, I can see the CEO/CFO bought alot more shares on Oct 13

I'm just sitting hear picking my nose trying to figure out what to do, between this and fastly still dripping down I picked a bad week to pony back into things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

One to watch Corsair gaming, it listed few weeks ago and with holiday season it looks ripe for decent growth...GS have price target of 32...I picked some last week in low 18's.

Fastly coming under pressure again, reckon it test the support around 78-79 levels.

CRSR picking up nicely, probably should have got more :(

Fastly in the buy range now.

Picked some fastly @78.8...hope the support will hold...fingers crossed

• Advertisement

That was an expensive spin on the bike, my covid vaccine plays are getting spat out the back of the echelon, NVAX and INO .
    Still race isnt finished yet, last time I checked no one has a vaccine on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

RIGOLO wrote: »
    That was an expensive spin on the bike, my covid vaccine plays are getting spat out the back of the echelon, NVAX and INO .
    Still race isnt finished yet, last time I checked no one has a vaccine on the market.

Pfizer are throwing shapes in that regard, just looking at news reports in the last few days.
    Maybe?

Treppen wrote: »
    Pfizer are throwing shapes in that regard, just looking at news reports in the last few days.
    Maybe?

yeah I agree everyones throwing shapes , its as much PR as it is medicine .... theres lots of factors at play .. who can manufacture, store , transport, is it a new vaccine technology like mRNA or is it a legacy vaccine basis, the anti-vasers, countrys pushing their companys, the side effects minor,mild,severe, timeline late 2020 early 2021 , big pharma dollars etc etc .
    my dogs still in the race .. for now.. and my bep is low ..time as always will tell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

hottipper wrote: »
    I found a new cloud stock for ye all but this one hasn't run 300% yet :pac:

The company is ncino $ncno.
    They a cloud bank developing banking software built on top of salesforce. From their last earnings revenue up 52% (subscription revenue was up 70%). They have key partnerships with Accenture, Salesforce, JD Power, FICO, Experian, DocuSign, Equifax, and Infosys. They have TDBank, SunTrust, KeyBank, Santander, Bank of the West, and 13 other banks with over $10 billion + 36 banks with $10 billion. They also list AIB as a customer if it helps and just a few days ago they signed up barclays (from looking at there twitter account). Current price is about $80 so its kinda pricy as it was supposed to ipo at 31$ (initial valuation)- ipo'd at $77 instead with all the hype around this sector.
    Ive bought in already but prepared to buy more if it does dip down into the 40's range. Any thoughts? lots of banks stuck with old software systems that need an upgrade and its hard for them to move off these platforms once they in. Could be a good long term trade. lets see

https://www.ncino.com/
    https://www.ncino.com/success/financial-institutions

the company lost money in last two quarters ind diluted it's shares by issuing 5.5 nillion new shares and they will issue more
    don't buy

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/10/06/why-ncino-stock-fell-14-in-september/

I mean they had a brief 30 minute spike of 30% this week and now it's tumbled over 20% from where it spiked from on the back of good news. Everything I can see from the company is good news, I can see the CEO/CFO bought alot more shares on Oct 13

I'm just sitting hear picking my nose trying to figure out what to do, between this and fastly still dripping down I picked a bad week to pony back into things.

So Edesa is down 22% in two days on the back of good news. It beggers believe. I've stupidly attempted an average down, but I think this is going to keep dropping, just broke into the 5e territory. I'm out and will take the loss on the chin. Good luck to those staying in.

salamiii wrote: »
    the company lost money in last two quarters ind diluted it's shares by issuing 5.5 nillion new shares and they will issue more
    don't buy

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/10/06/why-ncino-stock-fell-14-in-september/

but but but .. its a cloud stock .. thats what they do ..;)

I had much the same post typed but never posted it, I didnt want to burst the bubble. Revenue is growing at the same rate their debt is growing althouhg I will say in their favour their float is lowish and they are in a good niche with 'cloud banking'
    What do I know , I didnt catch the cloud bubble . Good luck to the OP.

looks like the big sell off has begun ,pre-election

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

So Edesa is down 22% in two days on the back of good news. It beggers believe. I've stupidly attempted an average down, but I think this is going to keep dropping, just broke into the 5e territory. I'm out and will take the loss on the chin. Good luck to those staying in.

Now that you've bowed out, you do know what's going to happen next ? :p

Rothmans wrote: »
    Now that you've bowed out, you do know what's going to happen next ? :p

I know, If I bought a house tomorrow the day after the entire market would crash or world war 3 would kick off. If you did the opposite of my investments you'd be able to buy a house with the profits. I'm the gob****e that waits an hour for a bus then just as I light a cigarette it funnily shows up.

Story of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I know, If I bought a house tomorrow the day after the entire market would crash or world war 3 would kick off. If you did the opposite of my investments you'd be able to buy a house with the profits. I'm the gob****e that waits an hour for a bus then just as I light a cigarette it funnily shows up.

Story of my life.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm right there with ya.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm right there with ya.

Been there done that , Ive made some crazy investments in my life that didnt work out. Back when the internet first started I fell badly for a scam that involved buying up all the business domain names.
    It was very early days interwebby and for a short while people thought every internet company Motorola, AT&T etc would have its own suffix
    so not like www.motorola.com .... but www.companyname.mot , or www.companyxyz.att ..
    I probably still own a thousand of these addresses, who knows.

So hang in there . Whats not meant for you will pass you by.
    All my most treasured possesions barely cost anything and I got them when I was stony broke and living in a house with no heating or running water. The gold plating etc came later and it just provides some vacous comforts entering into old age.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

PHG wrote: »
    Very broad and troll like statement there but I'll bite.

- What are you defining as quick gains, 1/2/20%?
    - When do you say people should enter and exit?
    - Why are they undervalued?

Hi - sorry for delay in replying

Here the reasoning :
    Johnson + Johnson
    **Safe as houses. Will be one of the first to have a vaccine. Have such a wide Paletots products and patents - JnJ is a money making machine

Novartis
    ** One of the few big Pharma that is not working on a Covid vaccine. It has an impressive pipeline.

Pfizer
    ** along with JnJ Pfizer will be one of the first with a vaccine (they might even be the very first). Pfizer is woefully undervalued

Siemens
    ** very well positioned for digitalization and renewable energy - this position should be in every portfolio

BASF

** totally undervalued

Apple
    ** needs no explanation

looks like the big sell off has begun ,pre-election

This is a clear buy signal.
    The election will ultimately have no bearing on the markets.

My mantra is buy and hold.

Get yourself a widely diversified all world ETF - put in a lump sum and remember time in the market always beats timing the market*

Story of my life.

The longer you wait for the bus the higher the probability is that the bus will come.

Why don’t you smoke the cigarette the first 5 minutes of waiting?

If the bus appears after lighting up you’ll be a happy man

If the bus doesn’t show up for an hour you will still be a lucky man as you’ll have got your nicotine hit

Win win

This mindset could make you a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

The companies manufacturing the placebos will win the vaccine race. Herd immunity is our only hope!

...GEVO ...

Still its a low price , fairly low mcap for number of workers ( I know not scientific but I look at number of workers in most companies I invest in), with some cash on hand. I like to play multiple sectors and this one along with AMTX will do me for an ethanol green energy play . Lets call it my carbon guilt credit for investing in all that dirty oil for so long.

thanks to the poster who tipped GEVO yesterday, I looked at them and that led me to AMTX , so I picked up both .
    GEVO down 2.6% but AMTX up 11%

alot of red on the board , but my BMM Black Money Matters , CARV and BYFC are well in the green limiting todays losses, we live to fight the suits another day.

For the market, who ever wins the senate is as important as whoever wins the Presidency. Without the senate a President will find it very hard to push economic agendas..
    But if that dude with the smashing looking daughter wins and they also take the Senate expect the market to lift off

Selling out of Schwab SCHW, they did good for me , going into NYCT again in the AM ..testing testing testing is all I hear and the UK Commons will have some news on Care Home testing by eow. Will look to pop back to SCHW post election or early 2021 as they near closure to the AMTD acquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

But if that dude with the smashing looking daughter wins and they also take the Senate expect the market to lift off

A1kmzsQ.png

This is why you always do your own research!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got into NNDM today, its a very interesting sounding company which Cathy Woods had bought into with her Ark etfs, been a wild ride for it, pumped up to nearly $6 start of the week before crashing back to 3.30, I bought in at 3.80 today. Definitely a risk with that sort of price action but I'm comfortable with the gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

bfa1509 wrote: »
    A1kmzsQ.png

This is why you always do your own research!

That's like wanting to buy Zoom but getting ZOOM instead of ZM :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Sorolla wrote: »
    Hi - sorry for delay in replying

Here the reasoning :
    Johnson + Johnson
    **Safe as houses. Will be one of the first to have a vaccine. Have such a wide Paletots products and patents - JnJ is a money making machine

Novartis
    ** One of the few big Pharma that is not working on a Covid vaccine. It has an impressive pipeline.

Pfizer
    ** along with JnJ Pfizer will be one of the first with a vaccine (they might even be the very first). Pfizer is woefully undervalued

Siemens
    ** very well positioned for digitalization and renewable energy - this position should be in every portfolio

BASF

** totally undervalued

Apple
    ** needs no explanation

Thanks for reply

- JnJ have many other things than C-19 going on, but on that note what if their vaccine hurts someone or another companies does, they would fall due to correlation

- Novartis - Pipeline is not product. In the Sales industry alone if you hit 30% success it is considered good. You are only as good as your last failure

Regarding Safe as House, what about Lehmann back in 2008. Too Big to Fail then BOOM. Even internally BoI and AIB have not recovered.

The way you described the last 3 just seem like dividend plays. You are giving hypothetics and speculation.

You never gave a timeline or percentage gain either.

Advertisement