Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭riddles

Sorolla wrote: »
    This is a clear buy signal.
    The election will ultimately have no bearing on the markets.

My mantra is buy and hold.

Get yourself a widely diversified all world ETF - put in a lump sum and remember time in the market always beats timing the market*
    Can you recommend one “ Get yourself a widely diversified all world ETF”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

riddles wrote: »
    Can you recommend one “ Get yourself a widely diversified all world ETF”

IWDE

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

bfa1509 wrote: »
    A1kmzsQ.png

This is why you always do your own research!

One thing I like about the markets is the brutal honesty with no room for sympathy or second place prizes.
    Every other sphere of life has been corrupted diluted and whats up is now down.

But the market has retained its primal core, no sweet talk no comforting words nor comfort blankets, its the orderliness of profit or loss and second place is last place.
    Theres only one dude in this race with a smashing daughter, plain janes need not apply lets leave this bastion of singular brutal truth alone and not start the 'there is a prize for everyone' syndrome.

now back to the simplicty of numbers and the purity of the RGB colour wheel..
    NYCT 3% GReen on Euronext .. will make the coffee taste better .. and put a dent in yesterdays red sell off

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

salamiii wrote: »
    the company lost money in last two quarters ind diluted it's shares by issuing 5.5 nillion new shares and they will issue more
    don't buy

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/10/06/why-ncino-stock-fell-14-in-september/
    RIGOLO wrote: »
    but but but .. its a cloud stock .. thats what they do ..;)

I had much the same post typed but never posted it, I didnt want to burst the bubble. Revenue is growing at the same rate their debt is growing althouhg I will say in their favour their float is lowish and they are in a good niche with 'cloud banking'
    What do I know , I didnt catch the cloud bubble . Good luck to the OP.

yeah it's got some debt they all do, seems like they have a great product though with very little competition.
    https://ibb.co/smJ6jtW
    Looking at the rule of 40 and net dollar retention rate (which i think most look at for these sass companies) it seems up there with the best of them.
    It may drop down to the low 40$ as i said previously, perfectly fine with that i'm going to build a position over a year or so and see what it can do. I guess i could set an alert but rather have some skin in the game. Not overly concerned about that article most stocks pump just after ipo and dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Notice that 4D was well under 90 yesterday, so bought a heap more.
    Logged in this morning and saw the price....

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Looks like the hastily brought out Vaccines aren't going to make much difference to the elderly or those with pre-existing conditions.

https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/371/bmj.m4037.full.pdf

This would mean the vaccines have little to no effect as the young and the fit are most likely fine, and wont take a new/rushed vaccine.

A vaccine trial should monitor participants for up to 2 years to determine effectiveness. The current trials are proposing emergency approval based on safety data ............ free kick from 40 yards out type chance of going in IMO.

retalivity wrote: »
    Notice that 4D was well under 90 yesterday, so bought a heap more.
    Logged in this morning and saw the price............

Should keep shorters away for a while anyway, recent price drop was loony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Augeo wrote: »
    Should keep shorters away for a while anyway, recent price drop was loony.

Drops down to under 90p the week preceding an announcement for a deal valued at 110.....I'm no conspiracy theorist but......

Augeo wrote: »
    A vaccine trial should monitor participants for up to 2 years to determine effectiveness. The current trials are proposing emergency approval based on safety data ............ free kick from 40 yards out type chance of going in IMO.

Approval likely. Efficacy less likely.

• Advertisement

Approval likely. Efficacy less likely.

Approval certainly IMO .............. but it's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

The longer you wait for the bus the higher the probability is that the bus will come.

Why don’t you smoke the cigarette the first 5 minutes of waiting?

If the bus appears after lighting up you’ll be a happy man

If the bus doesn’t show up for an hour you will still be a lucky man as you’ll have got your nicotine hit

Win win

This mindset could make you a fortune.

You've obviously never gotten a bus in west kerry, some times they don't show up at all! ;)

DutchYurt wrote: »
    You've obviously never gotten a bus in west kerry, some times they don't show up at all! ;)

Any sign of Fungi?

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Any sign of Fungi?

He's on the bus up North to get his cataracts done :pac:

Edesa up 7% - if you need me I'll be the pubs that are now closed.

NCYT up 14% .. we aint even had much news.....if an positive RNS drops its off to the races again .
    I felt it in my bones, did my cycle this morning as I wanted to be around this afternoon.

Been looking at UPS (172) and FDX (282), FDX seems undervalued on a like for like book value. All I see is delivery trucks on the roads these days.
    Theres only so many sectors you can play.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Get yourself a widely diversified all world ETF - put in a lump sum and remember time in the market always beats timing the market*

What talking head did you pick up that nonsense from? Unless you are someone like GIC you will not have sufficient funds nor research capacity to achieve it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The longer you wait for the bus the higher the probability is that the bus will come.

Why don’t you smoke the cigarette the first 5 minutes of waiting?

If the bus appears after lighting up you’ll be a happy man

If the bus doesn’t show up for an hour you will still be a lucky man as you’ll have got your nicotine hit

Win win

This mindset could make you a fortune.

Or it could cost you a fortune since you failed to check the time tables and failed to realize that service on that route had been discontinued.

Research and homework will always trump a mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Anybody have some favourite investing Youtube channels that aren't about real estate or getting as many views as possible?

I'll throw out some of my favourites here.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JosephCarlsonShow/videos - Joseph Carlson goes through investment news while giving updates on his own ever growing portfolio which is extremely well diversified imo

https://www.youtube.com/c/GenExDividendInvestor/videos - GenExDividendInvestor is focused on dividend investing. He has a diversified portfolio worth about 1.5 million dollars which pays roughly 30-40k per year. He does update videos on his portfolio as well as rating other peoples portfolios while providing advice and anecdotes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmHm0w-JJfC2Ll1Of_WObAQ/videos - Cooper academy is an excellent resource for different views on the market, bearish and bullish. Mixture of self made videos, speeches/interviews from leading investment heads, and other stock related learning.

They're my main three, I do tune into others occasionally but I find a lot of the other channels to be too over edited for views/ad revenue. A lot of the TOP STOCK PICKS for X month videos you see are a load of bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

GME squeezing continues.

Up 10%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Netflix is dipping below $500 again, always very tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone going back in on Fastly today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Anyone going back in on Fastly today?
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Updating my Fastly tracker, YTD is now...
    $78 - $102 - $78 - $116 - $78 - $95 - $78 - $128 - $86 (currently, might even bounce to $78 again today?)

I see it's back to $78 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I see it's back to $78 ;)

That's what I'm saying. Thinking of going in but everyone is so negative on it after the til tock thing and their financials not being as good as expected.

Still think it will go back up to 100 atleast.

First Edesa and now 4D ...looks like your bus has turned up.

Indeed, that was this mornings RNS :)

Bob Harris wrote: »
    First Edesa and now 4D ...looks like your bus has turned up.

Have you ever said I told you so to yourself in the mirror? I have, as of today. Followed by kicking myself, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I considered jumping ship on 4d but my holding is that small I let it run.

I think I'd be best putting a few hundred in degiro a month and not checking share prices, just buy shares and leave them alone...

• Advertisement

Have you ever said I told you so to yourself in the mirror? I have, as of today. Followed by kicking myself, ah well.

ok now that you have had your pity party , pull your slobbering self up off the floor and get back in the game .. or we will start calling you DutchKaren ...
    we all been there.

So what have you learned ..
    you learned you spotted 2 good stocks after some research but didnt maximise gains, and unfortunately in less than 48 hours both spiked.. thats vey unlucky .. so take the lessons and repeat go find another couple or jump on board if you still believe in them ..

good luck

Advertisement