Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Moaning of Death: Liveline 23/9 forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Add godspeed to the bing card please

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a question .. but what protective measures were in place in the nursing home.?
    Does seem strange that everyone seems to have got it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Great allowances, temporary promotion , so I elect to go for the Golan Heights. F the local plebs. Money talks.
    yeah they get a big allowance for duty overseas

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

3pm, Jag's waiting.
    I'm Joe, and I'm not slow.
    <vrooom>
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Jaysus I'm crying after all this... and I actually have an autoimmune inflammation of the lacrimal glands (kind of related to a bit of inflammatory arthritis) which is making it physically painful over the eye orbits. It is bloody woeful, but 100 tines more for people actually directly involved in working in these places and having family there. I count my blessings of not having that worry myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So he is reading out reviews of nursing homes to finish up...thrilling stuff

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just a question .. but what protective measures were in place in the nursing home.?
    Does seem strange that everyone seems to have got it

I am far from a germophobe but there is one thing that grosses me out about Covid and, like in that nursing home, is the last person to get infected has gotten a virus that has potentially passed through 25 other people first.

Yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Is he reading from a HIQA report ?

Would RTE do SOMETHING to cheer up the nation.... PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

There all brilliant

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    So he is reading out reviews of nursing homes to finish up...thrilling stuff

"Siad one resident, it's a lovely place to visit".

He's hardly a resident if he visits. :confused:

More like "It's a lovely nursing home. Hardly any beatings".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Would RTE do SOMETHING to cheer up the nation.... PLEASE.

They offered you Finding Joy and Demot Bannon looking at houses most people in Ireland can never afford caller. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The family have asked for privacy at this time. Then RTE lead the news with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Siad one resident, it's a lovely place to visit".

He's hardly a resident if he visits. :confused:

More like "It's a lovely nursing home. Hardly any beatings".

"The beatings stopped when morale improved."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I am far from a germophobe but there is one thing that grosses me out about Covid and, like in that nursing home, is the last person to get infected has gotten a virus that has potentially passed through 25 other people first.

Yuck!

The very air we breath has passed through dozens of other lungs. We are all de facto quite physically intimate we each other whether we like it or not.

The very air we breath has passed through dozens of other lungs. We are all de facto quite physically intimate we each other whether we like it or not.

I know dat, I know dat.

But the virus doesn't travel in the air so to speak. It travels in droplets from other people.

Yes Ray, meditate on Death, that's what we are being given by RTÉ nonstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭golondrinas

dvcireland wrote: »
    yeah they get a big allowance for duty overseas

And the ossifers get temp. promotion.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes Ray, meditate on Death, that's what we are being given by RTÉ nonstop.

I got through most of the pandemic by avoiding RTE as much as possible, following what was required and it wasn't so bad.
    RTE I think do try and depress people, they tell us how we should be feeling.

Jaysus I'm crying after all this... and I actually have an autoimmune inflammation of the lacrimal glands (kind of related to a bit of inflammatory arthritis) which is making it physically painful over the eye orbits. It is bloody woeful, but 100 tines more for people actually directly involved in working in these places and having family there. I count my blessings of not having that worry myself.

I am continually in awe of your doctor speak. You have more medical knowledge than my G.P. I’m only guessing that bit.

Anyway stay safe, stay pain free.

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    "The beatings stopped when morale improved."

More like the beatings stopped THEN morale improved:):)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29debbfb8e938b2a611d0996c5f7c55bfee2facbaf&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BPKS wrote: »
    I described earlier in the week how a friend who works in a hospital told me that 8 front line wurkers are sitting at home for 14 days "isolating" cos of a mummy and daddy to be with the covid (and said nothing about having the covid symptoms).

Another win for Joe.

I said it then and I’ll say it again now - that couple should be prosecuted.
    Roger_007 wrote: »
    Oh golly gosh....a Brigadier General no less!

I wonder does he know the Commodore and the Rear Admiral from Howth Yacht Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29debbfb8e938b2a611d0996c5f7c55bfee2facbaf&rid=giphy.gif

Ah jaysis......

I am continually in awe of your doctor speak. You have more medical knowledge than my G.P. I’m only guessing that bit.

Anyway stay safe, stay pain free.

It dates from when I was brought into see an uncle, when I was aged 4, in St Lukes who was dying of prostate cancer. Being upset to see him so in that state I ask a hundred questions and wanted to know facts as to how and why, and what could have saved him, why he was moaning in pain. It broke my heart seeing him and I could only rationalise my feelings with full scientific explanations and learned woulda like cobalt, chemotherapy, radiotherapy before almost anything else. Other relatives criticised my mother for dragging me in to see dying relatives at a very early age, and my current knowledge is a direct result of that. However there was nobody who offered to mind me when my mother visited him, it's a long story, but her siblings were living far away and the dying man's wife herself in hospital with a strangulated hernia. It made a HUGE impression on me. The man died a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

It dates from when I was brought into see an uncle, when I was aged 4, in St Lukes who was dying of prostate cancer. Being upset to see him so in that state I ask a hundred questions and wanted to know facts as to how and why, and what could have saved him, why he was moaning in pain. It broke my heart seeing him and I could only rationalise my feelings with full scientific explanations and learned woulda like cobalt, chemotherapy, radiotherapy before almost anything else. Other relatives criticised my mother for dragging me in to see dying relatives at a very early age, and my current knowledge is a direct result of that. However there was nobody who offered to mind me when my mother visited him, it's a long story, but her siblings were living far away and the dying man's wife herself in hospital with a strangulated hernia. It made a HUGE impression on me. The man died a week later.

TYFYS.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I'm out and about in various offices tomorrow, only one of which is my own, mostly empty one these days, and not WFH-but I'll grab his latest example of buffoonery and YT it. I'll share it here when I do.

Here's the vidja, callers, for those who haven't heard it. It missed out on true gold potential unfortunately, but I may make more...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,311 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Was there gold today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

High profile story of a nursing home in trouble, having been struck down with C19. HSE left them short of help apparently.

With the money these places are making and the pittance they pay, the owners of any that isn't non-profit surely have a case to answer in such circumstances.

(I didn't hear the show put it was played out on Drivetime earlier this evening-a very upset Director of Nursing, who was and is in an awful state, the least of the poor woman's worries was the fact that she herself is Covid positive.)

• Advertisement

Here's the vidja, callers, for those who haven't heard it. It missed out on true gold potential unfortunately, but I may make more...

Thank you so much. I hadn’t heard it, so it was great to have the chance without having to wade through industrial size pools of shoyte in the Player to get to it.

What a major piece of work is Joe!

BTW, excellent production values, do you want a job in RTE? You could single handedly raise the bar!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement