Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Moaning of Death: Liveline 23/9 forward

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

A virtual one. It was too complicated at first to follow so it's now down to Joe asking the name of a pet, each time making for an addition €1. However if he names an apology on air to some organising this week it's a whopping €10 for that.

Cool just tell me the total at the end and I'll lodge to one. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

fritzelly wrote: »
    Shouldn't Fungi be on the list???

I can see some fecker dressing up as Fungi when tourists are back to try get the money off the Yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

pc7 wrote: »
    I can see some fecker dressing up as Fungi when tourists are back to try get the money off the Yanks Dubs.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

So did I miss anything today?

I accidentally tuned into the first minute or so despite deciding to stay off the Liveline for a while.

Its a bit like when you say your going off the beer for a while but take a can out of the fridge (one morning) and go for opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I prefer beamish - there i said that

I prefer their ads:

Can you guess why?
    She could bubble with ButtersSuki if she wears de right attire.

Were there any pics of this caller?
    You miss the simple things, I've not shaken someone's hand in about 8 months.

I'm glad you said "hand" there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Offensive Halloween decorations at a nursing home up North, ideal for Joe to chat about...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54628563

Offensive Halloween decorations at a nursing home up North, ideal for Joe to chat about...

Wat about de Nordie shouting “F^ck the Pope” over the PA system in Tesco in Ballymena hi last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Lads:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Did not hear today's broadcast, but was sent this Escape Goat, whoy whoy
    WHOY
    Ek24nQaW0AAC4k3?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

gluppers wrote: »
    Animals of the crisis:
    Murphy
    Brando
    Buttsy
    Topsy (A rabbit)
    Kee Kee & Dee (Aged 17 and 5)
    Dutchy (Kitten)- FAKE NEWS! Divoc
    Bailey
    BooBoo3 (Cat, 3 legs, survivor)
    Patches Poggins (Found on Patrick's day)
    Milly the Labrador (Tried to drown her owner)
    Snuggie - dognapped
    Louie - Attempted kidnapping and drugged
    Charlie - HARLEY?!?!
    Johnny O - A boat
    Boicie - missing (escaped) parrot
    Ruby - sits in the foire engine
    Jojo and Fergus - both girls?
    Dicky Duck / Dookie Duck? - Getting a house call from Dignitas tomorrow, currently watching his own grave being dug in a field with 5 predeceaded dogs and 4 cats, thrown from a moving car as a pup with 2 broken legs as a result.
    Lunatic Soup aka Kelp
    Dukey Dog?
    Benji (loves to dance to "Blurred Lines", 12) Bella (the little bitch, 5) - Can hear things MILES away.
    Benji Senior (Josh)
    Taz - The CPR chiwawa
    Holly - cat
    Dead Dog - Oisin
    New Dog - TBC

I have an epic bingo card idea any idea of type of dogs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

pc7 wrote: »
    I can see some fecker dressing up as Fungi when tourists are back to try get the money off the Yanks.

530089.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

WEDNESDAY LIVELINE BINGO, DAY 3

Making it way simpler....

Each time a new pet name is added to Pets of de Pandemic a further €1 is raised and added to the grand total of de week.

However should he issue an on-air Apology for anything dat would rob us of an additional €10

Thus far €13 has been raised.

The total amount at end of week is a suggestion of what anyone might like to donate to their favourite charity. I will stick to de final amount myself, so I'm hoping Joe won't issue a whole series of apologies or I'll be robbed dry!

I'm going to go with sligojoek's idea, and just donate what the total is, because I haven't a clue what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

You miss the simple things, I've not shaken someone's hand in about 8 months.

Even when I see people in old movies shaking hands I sort of grimace. It's amazing how easily we are conditioned.

Truly shocking display again by Duffy. Albeit it's great that people get to see him for the petty, bully that he is. One brave caller finally managed to get through the heavy call screening to voice the merest of complaint about RTE's reporting, and the level of vitriol that he got from the presenter was shocking. If anybody thinks that Joe Duffy would exist in any organisation that held truth, objectivity and fairness at it's heart, then they are massively mistaken.

He just reinforced the opinions of the people who are protesting outside RTE - RTE give us their own representation of the truth as they see it. One of those truths being that no RTE staff member may be criticised. I hate the Shinners, but I honestly hope that either they or the BAI finally get Duffy off the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Even when I see people in old movies shaking hands I sort of grimace. It's amazing how easily we are conditioned.

Truly shocking display again by Duffy. Albeit it's great that people get to see him for the petty, bully that he is. One brave caller finally managed to get through the heavy call screening to voice the merest of complaint about RTE's reporting, and the level of vitriol that he got from the presenter was shocking. If anybody thinks that Joe Duffy would exist in any organisation that held truth, objectivity and fairness at it's heart, then they are massively mistaken.

He just reinforced the opinions of the people who are protesting outside RTE - RTE give us their own representation of the truth as they see it. One of those truths being that no RTE staff member may be criticised. I hate the Shinners, but I honestly hope that either they or the BAI finally get Duffy off the air.

I'm out and about in various offices tomorrow, only one of which is my own, mostly empty one these days, and not WFH-but I'll grab his latest example of buffoonery and YT it. I'll share it here when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Its amazing how thin skinned he actually is. When a caller dared to even mildly criticise any of the montrose set how rattled he became, continuing to talk over and make snide remarks when the caller was trying to substantiate his point, a proper broadcaster would have let the caller make his point and then put forward an argument against it, but no when the buffoon was on the ropes he bullied the caller who btw pay his wages and retreated to his safe space to fumble in his trousers to tales of misery, suicide and death before he returns to château Clontarf behind the gates sated for now, but when his head hits the pillow each night he knows in his heart that he is an imposter, no better than a greasy snake oil salesman counting the greasy dimes of an evening after conning the townspeople in another Godforsaken backwater

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Posters TYFYS.

Only occassionally get to listen loive as they say so to speak because of work and all that guff but look forward to listening back and reading this thread.

Laughing out load a few times this evening. Had real potential for gold but fell a bit short Caller gad potential but didnt seem to be ready to shoot at goal. Seemed more pro government rather than making any strong points against RTE. Definitely got an idea of how Joe would react if someone did.

If yizzers were like me, living alone and were obliged by national decree to sign up bubble with de household of Duffy, Darcy or Tubridy, which would you choose?

What a choice. Mr Misery, Mr Kindness and Mr Wokey.

I'd rather a custodial sentence.

But who would you want as your cellmate caller?

There is no escape

Listened back to the critical caller, lol. Mr. Duffy demonstrates once again how he cannot take any criticism whatsoever - and it wasn’t even about him, it was about RTE. The criticism was also very mild, and yet Mr. Duffy reacted appallingly - as usual - when faced with the smallest of challenges to his thinking. Such a response speaks volumes about his own sense of self-importance and ego. Sadly we didn’t get a “Don’t you be givin’ me any of yer auld guff” or a “I’ll calm down if you calm down” soundbyte for the ages, but listening to him squirm is always a, pleasure. TYFYS caller.

Clon63 wrote: »
    But who would you want as your cellmate caller?

There is no escape

If I was trapped in a cell with the 3 of them and I had a gun with 2 bullets in it, I’d shoot myself in the head - twice.

• Advertisement

Its amazing how thin skinned he actually is. When a caller dared to even mildly criticise any of the montrose set how rattled he became, continuing to talk over and make snide remarks when the caller was trying to substantiate his point, a proper broadcaster would have let the caller make his point and then put forward an argument against it, but no when the buffoon was on the ropes he bullied the caller who btw pay his wages and retreated to his safe space to fumble in his trousers to tales of misery, suicide and death before he returns to château Clontarf behind the gates sated for now, but when his head hits the pillow each night he knows in his heart that he is an imposter, no better than a greasy snake oil salesman counting the greasy dimes of an evening after conning the townspeople in another Godforsaken backwater

Excellent post caller. One word jumps out there, and it’s “snide”. When under pressure, he becomes so petty, and “de snide side” reflexively surfaces. A nasty individual I suspect despite the facade and man of the people act, and an act it most certainly is.

I assume that it is unlikely that the relevant segment will be broadcast as the promo for the LL on every other show this morning?

Originally Posted by Catmaniac

If yizzers were like me, living alone and were obliged by national decree to sign up bubble with de household of Duffy, Darcy or Tubridy, which would you choose?

Here's a thought - throw in Woke McDermott and jennifer Gannon and you have to pick 4 out of the 5 to cocoon with for the next 6 weeks in a 2 bed council house in Dubalin.

Answers on a postcard please.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I assume that it is unlikely that the relevant segment will be broadcast as the promo for the LL on every other show this morning?

I'd say you could take that to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I dont know about everyone here but i couldn't help but worry about them hooligans with the expensive banners outside RTE everyday, its only a matter of time before one of them puts a scratch on Joes Jag

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) 26 out of 28, 1 staff member, why don't out of work beauticians / hair dressers / taxi drivers / publicans etc retrain as carers

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Just tuned in to hear Mr. Duffy doing his best to scare the bejayzus out of people again.

Portiunculla Hospital is in Ballinasloe Mr. Duffy, which is in Galway. Ballina is in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He'll be hoping for more deaths before 3oclock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Just tuned in to hear Mr. Duffy doing his best to scare the bejayzus out of people again.

Portiunculla Hospital is in Ballinasloe Mr. Duffy, which is in Galway. Ballina is in Mayo.

As neither are in dub a Linn that point is irrelevant caller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

He'll be hoping for more deaths before 3oclock

He'll be hoping for more deaths on a constant basis caller

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement