Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

MrChew wrote: »
    Bit tight around the old moobs. My only real concern is that, if that's synthetic material, it's going to get pretty ripe pretty quickly.

I wouldn't complain. It looks pretty comfy :) Oh how i wish i could wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

What’s the odds on another fast track before the results in dec given the new setback?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

JC12250 wrote: »
    What’s the odds on another fast track before the results in dec given the new setback?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a second group fast track emails to go out this Friday. All guesswork on my part so we shall see. Seems possible to me that as they have postponed upcoming ACs that they would try progress another group to keep things ticking over in terms of PCA etc. I feel for those who are waiting on AC. Hang in there folks and keep er lit!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Roughly how many weeks do you have to prepare from getting notified you made fast track to the actual pca assessment? Would it be as long as 12 weeks? I understand specifics can't be given, just looking a rough idea. Thanks

• Advertisement

Mine was 6 weeks

Mine was 6 weeks

Thank you, just handy to get an idea if/when the email comes. I am just hoping to have passed the a/c but you never know. Be interesting to see whats going to happen to the results etc with people still waiting to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Just got vetting back, only took 3 weeks! Fastest I've ever heard of someone getting that done.

Just PCA, Medical and Online Learning left to go. Hopefully be appointable in December!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Just got vetting back, only took 3 weeks! Fastest I've ever heard of someone getting that done.

Just PCA, Medical and Online Learning left to go. Hopefully be appointable in December!

Do they send you an email to let you know that it’s been cleared or do you have to phone them?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Holy shizzballs, that was fast! Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Do they send you an email to let you know that it’s been cleared or do you have to phone them?

They send you an email

Thats amazing!!! congratulations!!! Fingers crossed :)

NornIron74 wrote: »
    They send you an email

Class, how long will you have to wait from being appointable to starting training?

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Class, how long will you have to wait from being appointable to starting training?

How long is a piece of string? lol
    For me I'm starting training 8 months after becoming appointable but that is down to covid, the minimum wait would probably be 1.5 to 2 months.

Congrats, thats super fast, will your medical and online learning not be done jan/feb if pca is dec?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Congrats, thats super fast, will your medical and online learning not be done jan/feb if pca is dec?

Without being specific some PCAs are planned for before December as well :)

Si_zx10r wrote: »

Their PCA is likely sooner than that. Online learning becomes available after passing PCA, IIRC. Medical date can be a couple of weeks after PCA. Theoretically, they could be appointable in December.

Happy days, suppose its all in the name lol would be great to be in that position

How long is a piece of string? lol
    For me I'm starting training 8 months after becoming appointable but that is down to covid, the minimum wait would probably be 1.5 to 2 months.

Yea I bet that was frustrating! Do you mind me asking your ML position?
    Hopefully been fastracked and towards the front of the ML means it won't be 8 months 🙈

Yea I bet that was frustrating! Do you mind me asking your ML position?
    Hopefully been fastracked and towards the front of the ML means it won't be 8 months ��

I'm 880-900 ML, recruitment was a long wait for me as I was so far down the list. My pca was about 9 months after the AC results came out, everything starts moving a lot faster then, probably would have started training in July if covid hadn't happened.

• Advertisement

I'm 880-900 ML, recruitment was a long wait for me as I was so far down the list. My pca was about 9 months after the AC results came out, everything starts moving a lot faster then, probably would have started training in July if covid hadn't happened.

Would you imagine then those who just received notification of fast track and have vetting sent with a date for PCA should move relatively quicker or could they also expect this sort of wait?

Wyl91 wrote: »
    Would you imagine then those who just received notification of fast track and have vetting sent with a date for PCA should move relatively quicker or could they also expect this sort of wait?

Fast trackers will move a lot faster, the further down the merit list you are the longer you will have to wait for pca.

Fast trackers will move a lot faster, the further down the merit list you are the longer you will have to wait for pca.

Thats good news, thanks for the heads up.

My partners father was involved in a high profile lawsuit against the police/government, will this affect my vetting? I barely know the guy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

What does CTC vetting look at?? I’m going through it atm with the prison service and it’s been 3weeks. Have spoke to a few and theirs cleared within 3weeks??

I’ve no financial issues, ccj or even credit card debt. No family connections with past political troubles/jail etc.

Just baffled. I did fill the online form in all capital letters and didn’t know until the end it said do not do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Not sure if this will help Paulo and Belfast86 but my vetting went on for 42 weeks before I got called in for an interview because stuff came up that concerned them (other family members).

In the interview I was asked about various family members and then about my partner/her family. I passed the vetting not long after the interview.

So don't panic about other people affecting your vetting outcome. You will be judged on an individual basis. Just be sure to declare it because the chances are they will find out either way.

Feel free to pm me btw.

That’s me and the PCA well and truly familiarised 🀢🀢 someone May light a candle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Guessing it was today?

Good to know the PSNI managed stages are still going ahead!

Guessing it was today?

Good to know the PSNI managed stages are still going ahead!

All still currently going ahead which is a positive thing for sure!

• Advertisement

Wyl91 wrote: »
    That’s me and the PCA well and truly familiarised 🀢🀢 someone May light a candle for me.

I was meant to have mine this week but someone in my bubble went and caught coronavirus so no familiarisation for me! I've now got to go into it blind :/

Was it that bad?

Advertisement