Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 2020hopeful

Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me. I did the assessment centre in September and got an email stating that I would get results in December along with the survey. Did anyone who got fast tracked get this email? Is it also just people who completed AC in July and August?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me. I did the assessment centre in September and got an email stating that I would get results in December along with the survey. Did anyone who got fast tracked get this email? Is it also just people who completed AC in July and August?

I got it a week after my AC in July however then got email 2 weeks ago to say im FT

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D205J

Hi Everyone,

Is it better to take your face mask off for the role plays or keep it on?

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

D205J wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Is it better to take your face mask off for the role plays or keep it on?

Thanks!!

IMO I would say it’s better to take mask off for the role plays. But also whatever feels comfortable for you. I had my AC recently and although I planned to take my mask off I actually forgot to take mine off for my first role play as I was in the zone walking in and started talking and didn’t realise I was wearing the mask until I finished. As long as you speak loud and clearly I think a mask is ok but I’d advise taking it off so you can be heard better, enunciating clearly and mannerisms visible etc. That way I feel is easier to communicate with roll actor.

Has anyone who has already done AC got an email saying they didn’t pass it or are you still waiting for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

I was told previously that I would need a report from a consultant psychiatrist to pass the medical stage.

Just out of the appointment with them and I'm so happy, the psychiatrist is completely happy with my mental health and is writing a report for me to present to occupational health when the medical stage comes around.

Having previously failed the medical stage for this reason, I'm over the moon with this. Now time to get training and get the head focused on PCA!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

I was told previously that I would need a report from a consultant psychiatrist to pass the medical stage.

Just out of the appointment with them and I'm so happy, the psychiatrist is completely happy with my mental health and is writing a report for me to present to occupational health when the medical stage comes around.

Having previously failed the medical stage for this reason, I'm over the moon with this. Now time to get training and get the head focused on PCA!

Nice one mate. Were you FT'd this time around? If so, you'll have your PCA soon, innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

MrChew wrote: »
    Nice one mate. Were you FT'd this time around? If so, you'll have your PCA soon, innit.

Thanks bud ðŸ˜႒

Yeah I'm in the fast track group. I do have my PCA soon but obviously can't disclose information on here.

Thanks bud ðŸ˜႒

Yeah I'm in the fast track group. I do have my PCA soon but obviously can't disclose information on here.

I hear ya. I'll maybe see you around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Has anyone who has already done AC got an email saying they didn’t pass it or are you still waiting for it?

You will not get anything like that until 4th of December

• Advertisement

rhino100 wrote: »
    I’ve sent my vetting forms away the other day, but Ive forgotten to mention about an incident when I was 14 and was brought home for underage drinking ( I wasn’t convicted or anything it was just a once off many years ago now). How do I contact recruitment as I do want to me as transparent as possible for the vetting! :) any help appreciated

To put your mind at rest I would email psni recruitment and explain the situation. It doesn’t sound like anything serious so I wouldn’t worry to much about it but for full transparency/integrity it will do no harm to disclose.

I had some minor incidents as a youth including a juvenile caution for something silly. Nothing serious although I do regret now and a long time ago (10+ years). I have requested all the info the PSNI hold on me just to be sure I don’t forget anything should I reach vetting and this can be obtained by completing a DAT1 form you will find on psni website for anyone who may be in similar position.

I just don’t want things to look as if I’ve intentionally left something bad out, as I legitimately forgot about the incident! Where can I find the email for recruitment?

I’m not sure of the email address but have seen people mention on here before so maybe someone could advise or pm you?
    Failing that call 101 tomorrow and ask for recruitment for the email address or explain situation then and ask them to advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ats.us.nai

I just don’t want things to look as if I’ve intentionally left something bad out, as I legitimately forgot about the incident! Where can I find the email for recruitment?

Write a letter giving full details (as much as you can remember) to the address that you returned your vetting forms to. Explain your reason for adding the additional information, sign and date it with your candidate number on. All about being open and transparent which is what you're doing so it will be fine. They won't take that type of info via the telephone anyway and they'll want it in writing, signed. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

If I’ve previously lived in the USA do I need to obtain a police certificate myself or will the vetting team request one from the FBI?

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    If I’ve previously lived in the USA do I need to obtain a police certificate myself or will the vetting team request one from the FBI?

I think you need to obtain criminal record check but only if you’ve lived overseas in the last 3 years as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Anyone else slightly concerned at this article? I was hoping I'd be in GV with the 2018 campaign before any debate like this took place. Ongoing vetting application only thing holding me back. Getting seriously annoyed at it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54501532

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

Hey folks,

The vetting forms requires you to list supervisors information.. just to make sure I’m right - you put the address down as the location of the business?

I know it may sound like a silly question but I don’t want any mistakes.

Thanks

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

The vetting forms requires you to list supervisors information.. just to make sure I’m right - you put the address down as the location of the business?

I know it may sound like a silly question but I don’t want any mistakes.

Thanks

Yes mate, not their home address!

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of people passing vetting with an adult caution?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of people passing vetting with an adult caution?

If you check out the proper vetting thread and use caution as a search term, you might find something. That said, as long as your caution is outside of the time limits on the website and you declare it, you should be ok. There's people who have passed vetting with minor convictions for assault etc, so a declared caution should be fine.

• Advertisement

If you check out the proper vetting thread and use caution as a search term, you might find something. That said, as long as your caution is outside of the time limits on the website and you declare it, you should be ok. There's people who have passed vetting with minor convictions for assault etc, so a declared caution should be fine.

Yea its outside the time limit and I've declared it, i also already hold vetting so hopefully it would be a fast turn around

Yea its outside the time limit and I've declared it, i also already hold vetting so hopefully it would be a fast turn around

Sounds like you'll be sweet, chum!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

Hi all,

Another question here - on the vetting forms did anyone include information about speeding and parking tickets being issued?

I cant remember the dates I have been issued with a speeding notice never mind parking tickets (some digging may be required).

Hi all,

Another question here - on the vetting forms did anyone include information about speeding and parking tickets being issued?

I cant remember the dates I have been issued with a speeding notice never mind parking tickets (some digging may be required).

Yes, you need to declare those, for sure. I'm not sure of how you'd find the details of parking tickets, but the DVA can give you details of speeding offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Hi all,

I just went for Enchanced Access NI checks for the prison service and I contacted the recruitment team regarding speeding tickets/fines. They said I had to declare everything even with approx date/year.

My speeding tickets were over 8years a go. My AccessNI cert came back clear.

Just declare them but put down month and year if you can’t remember the exact date. At least that way you are being open and honest

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Does anyone know if the new announcements today will put a delay on the assessment centre or will it carry on as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ArmaghLad88

Hey folks, I got through selection process at my second attempt and have been on the ground for a year now. Just looking to help anyone along with any questions they have - drop me a DM! Ps it’s the best job I’ve ever had, loving it.

Hey folks, I got through selection process at my second attempt and have been on the ground for a year now. Just looking to help anyone along with any questions they have - drop me a DM! Ps it’s the best job I’ve ever had, loving it.

Cheers mate. How'd you find the PCA? How much did you train for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ArmaghLad88

Cheers mate. How'd you find the PCA? How much did you train for it?

I’d say I was moderately fit, had been going to gym 2-3 times a week in lead up to it. But its all about pacing yourself, the third lap I remember my legs started to get really tired towards the end.

• Advertisement

I’d say I was moderately fit, had been going to gym 2-3 times a week in lead up to it. But its all about pacing yourself, the third lap I remember my legs started to get really tired towards the end.

Aye, there's a reasonable bit of discussion between giving it dixie from the off to make up time or pacing oneself. I suppose you'd have been doing the 3:54 limit too, not the 4:30 that applies now. I'd describe myself as moderately fit and all, so hoping I'll be alright. Thanks for answering!

Advertisement