Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Deub

Foxtrol wrote: »
    This will be the last thing Trump needs the week before the election, trying to distance himself from his personal lawyer that is running a smear campaign against his rival. By Saturday he'll claim he doesn't even know who Rudy is.

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1318952945703145473?s=20

A group of actors managed to do this. Can you imagine if a country decided to have some “folders” about these people. It doesn’t seem that complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Trump seems really scared of the 60 minutes interview from his continued tweets about it. It must have gone off the charts terribly for him, even compared to the other disastrous recent interviews. I wouldn't be surprised if they release their own cut of it in advance of Sunday, which will in turn just draw more eyes and discussion to the actual interview for what he leaves out.

Just a few minutes ago he just released pictures of a giant prop book that is supposed to show his actions on healthcare and if you look closely it looks like there is no text in the book, just blank pages.

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1318981063595708417?s=20

There is some sort of symbolism to a big book of achievements being empty, and his presidency over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,241 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And then there's this
    https://twitter.com/kristenisbored/status/1318994915397898247
    Mitch Mcconnell looking a bit shaken up. Most opinions seem to be that its a result of blood thinners, I think there is more to it than just blood thinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Ah look. What the hell is going on?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Water John

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Ah look. What the hell is going on?? :D

Might be an unfortunate phrase but as election day approaches, it's squeaky bum time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

looksee wrote: »
    And then there's this
    Mitch Mcconnell looking a bit shaken up. Most opinions seem to be that its a result of blood thinners, I think there is more to it than just blood thinners.

He must be having trouble finding young wans to feed on so

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

His hands don’t look good at all. I mean I know we can say what he’s done bad but he doesn’t look well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He must be having trouble finding young wans to feed on so

I did chuckle at this

Looks like an old man.on blood thinners for some condition and has taken some knocks which results in heavy bruising in thin skin especially at that age.

Rather than doing evil people like him should have retired years ago and done something with their retirement like enjoy the time they have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I love the fact Trump was complaining that the interviewer didn't wear a mask and then Kayleigh posts a picture when she (Kayleigh) isn't wearing one. In one simple picture destroying Trump's initial line of attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Rudy giulliani is claiming that the borat video was a democratic plot against him related to Hunter Biden. He does know this is part of a movie that is out this Friday and was filmed well before this latest apparent Hunter Biden “there there” ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,241 ✭✭✭✭looksee

While Rudy Giulliani is detestable and obnoxious, Borat fails at every level to be funny as far as I am concerned, I could just wish this nasty little episode (the set up moreso than the content) had not happened. Life in politics is coarse enough without this kind of aberrant 'entertainment'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,118 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Rudy giulliani is claiming that the borat video was a democratic plot against him related to Hunter Biden. He does know this is part of a movie that is out this Friday and was filmed well before this latest apparent Hunter Biden “there there” ?

"I knew it, it wasnt Ukraine, it was Kazakhstan all along!"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

While Rudy Giulliani is detestable and obnoxious, Borat fails at every level to be funny as far as I am concerned, I could just wish this nasty little episode (the set up moreso than the content) had not happened. Life in politics is coarse enough without this kind of aberrant 'entertainment'.
    Borat is seriously funny sometimes in my opinion.
    It shows up Giulliani for what he truly is.
    Bruno also had some hilarious bits as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Borat is brilliant. The first movie was genius and I can't wait to see the new one on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Check out Gulliani's twitter his excuses and the replies are so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1319040222517207040?s=19

A real President speaks. So refreshing to hear coherent sentences that aren't laced with bile, ignorance or self promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

20Cent wrote: »
    Check out Gulliani's twitter his excuses and the replies are so funny.

He was tucking his shirt in...sure don't we all tuck our shirts in like that while lying on the bed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm starting to think Bannon was an absolute genius. The guy must just ooze competence, creativity and control to get Trump over the line four years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

A real President speaks. So refreshing to hear coherent sentences that aren't laced with bile, ignorance or self promotion.

Between this and all the other stuff going on Trump may have a full meltdown during the debate tomorrow night even bigger than the last one.

Between this and all the other stuff going on Trump may have a full meltdown during the debate tomorrow night even bigger than the last one.

Yeah it's all falling apart. Obama's speech will be really getting to him. Rudy revelation and walking out of a 60 minutes interview. This one will be worth watching. The mute button will get to him as well. All lining up for a live meltdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

And then there's this

Can't be for a heart condition anyway, he doesn't have one.

FBI press conference say Ian and Russia have obtained voter registration data and are using it to send messages and videos designed to interfere in the election and reduce confidence in the result.

https://twitter.com/TVNewsHQ/status/1319062332560080897?s=09

Can this get any weirder!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

FBI press conference say Ian and Russia have obtained voter registration data and are using it to send messages and videos designed to interfere in the election and reduce confidence in the result.

https://twitter.com/TVNewsHQ/status/1319062332560080897?s=09

Can this get any weirder!

This is what happens when the POTUS spends his entire term denying any interference from Putin. He’s been emboldened by his success last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Classic Ian, up to his old tricks again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,202 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, say Biden wins in a few weeks. In 4 years, who believes the eventual 2024 GOP nominee asks Trump to speak for him/her on the campaign trail?

In other news, an attempt to bring jobs to the US, to Wisconsin via Foxconn, that the #IMPOTUS directly was involved in, is.... you guessed it... a failure. In fact, it's borderline surreal. I've posted The Verge's lengthy expose that includes things like Foxconn claiming self-driving cars that turned out to be low-end garishly colored golf carts that the few employees actually hired drove around in one of the 2 empty buildings built until the batteries wore out.

https://www.theverge.com/21507966/foxconn-empty-factories-wisconsin-jobs-loophole-trump

Well, some more recent followup, doesn't make things look any better.

"Apparently Foxconn's Wisconsin LCD Factory Is Fake"
    https://gizmodo.com/apparently-foxconns-wisconsin-lcd-factory-is-fake-1845445416

Pythonesque; promised 13,000 jobs, hired 113. Empty buildings, what few employees there were, sat around playing games on their phones and netflixing.

What I don't get, is what Foxconn really got out of this. It's seems illogical that this was their 'plan.' Somehow their backs were being scratched somewhere. I detect the long arm of the WH Admin but no data yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Igotadose wrote: »
    So, say Biden wins in a few weeks. In 4 years, who believes the eventual 2024 GOP nominee asks Trump to speak for him/her on the campaign trail?
    2024 might be a big worry for the GOP.

If Trump continues on his current trajectory, he won't slink off into the night, he'll remain this constant "hum" in the background commenting on political issues and stirring up the extreme right.

Trump might then run as an indepedent candidate in 2024, which would completely torpedo the GOP's chances of winning, even if they resurrected and ran Jesus Christ himself. The Democrats would walk it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Igotadose wrote: »
    In other news, an attempt to bring jobs to the US, to Wisconsin via Foxconn, that the #IMPOTUS directly was involved in, is.... you guessed it... a failure. In fact, it's borderline surreal. I've posted The Verge's lengthy expose that includes things like Foxconn claiming self-driving cars that turned out to be low-end garishly colored golf carts that the few employees actually hired drove around in one of the 2 empty buildings built until the batteries wore out.

https://www.theverge.com/21507966/foxconn-empty-factories-wisconsin-jobs-loophole-trump

Well, some more recent followup, doesn't make things look any better.

"Apparently Foxconn's Wisconsin LCD Factory Is Fake"
    https://gizmodo.com/apparently-foxconns-wisconsin-lcd-factory-is-fake-1845445416

Pythonesque; promised 13,000 jobs, hired 113. Empty buildings, what few employees there were, sat around playing games on their phones and netflixing.

What I don't get, is what Foxconn really got out of this. It's seems illogical that this was their 'plan.' Somehow their backs were being scratched somewhere. I detect the long arm of the WH Admin but no data yet.

Didn't they get a huge tax break or something?

Not sure of the terms , but I definitely remember something about Zero or close to zero taxes for a period of time following the factory opening - Like 5 or 10 years duration.

Sounds like the "factory" was just a brass-plate job to meet the absolute bare minimum requirements for the tax breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

seamus wrote: »
    2024 might be a big worry for the GOP.

If Trump continues on his current trajectory, he won't slink off into the night, he'll remain this constant "hum" in the background commenting on political issues and stirring up the extreme right.

Trump might then run as an indepedent candidate in 2024, which would completely torpedo the GOP's chances of winning, even if they resurrected and ran Jesus Christ himself. The Democrats would walk it.
    Who would they even run in 2024?
    I am not sure they have another Trump like figure in the wings. Nikki Haley? Ron DeSantis? Hawley? They were at his rallies I think.

Or totally disassociate from Trump? Who would be options then!

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Didn't they get a huge tax break or something?

Not sure of the terms , but I definitely remember something about Zero or close to zero taxes for a period of time following the factory opening - Like 5 or 10 years duration.

Sounds like the "factory" was just a brass-plate job to meet the absolute bare minimum requirements for the tax breaks.

But... tax break only works if you're reporting income. That's what I'm missing - they never sold anything or much of anything in this factory. Now, maybe they got some sweeteners at the Federal Level, but right now, it looks like they just threw money down a hole. I don't believe it.

Unless Wisconsin, or the USG, or some combination, actually funded the work. The reporters really should be following the money at this point, they've got everyone convinced the factory is a sham, even the Wisconsin state government.

And, it's a Taiwanese company; did Ivanka get some more trademarks/patents there as a result of Foxconn's influence? Heh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement