Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best & the worst crisps?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Tayto Smokey bacon are top class

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

furiousox wrote: »
    Manhattan cheese & onion.
    The crack cocaine of crisps.

cheese-onion-crisps-buy-online-150g-manhattan-crisps-265x265_c.jpg

I have never seen these! Know any chains that stock them around the country? I'm in Cork. Sorry read the thread!

My least favourite are probably Walkers and favourite are Ruffles/Lays.

Also any decent salted crisps on the continent - divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Monster munch are poor compared to what they were like before. As someone said waffles don't get enough love.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

A lot of hate for Pringles on here i see. While i don't indulge very often when i do i enjoy them. The reason i try and stay away from them is once you open them it's very hard not to keep digging in and eventually emptying the box in one go. Each flavour has it's merits. But in order of preference i'd go

1 Original
    2 Prawn
    3 BBQ
    4 Sour Cream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭AllForIt

My favourite crisps used to be Sam Spudz crinkled smokey bacon flavour. Whatever happened to that brand? McCoys version not as good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

McCoy's Thai Sweet Chicken flavour ridge cut crisps are also delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

AllForIt wrote: »
    My favourite crisps used to be Sam Spudz crinkled smokey bacon flavour. Whatever happened to that brand? McCoys version not as good imo.

Haven't seen them in years, but the smokey bacon in Lidl's mixed pack reminded me of them...

crisps.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

I'm a big fan of the SuperValu Salt & Vinegar. They'd make your eyes water :D

5099839652882_3.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Walkers or Lays ready salted are the business. The proof they are popular is that most shops who sell them are almost always sold out.

Walkers or Lays ready salted are the business. The proof they are popular is that most shops who sell them are almost always sold out.

Proof that marketing works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Tayto Treble Crunch or BBQ Hoola Hoops, can't beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Ken Tucky wrote:
    Not a fan of Walkers but... Jalapeno & cheese. An acquired taste but my God i am hooked. Nice bit of heat off them too!

Would give 2 upvotes if I could. They're very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Best: Crunchos, Crunchies or Discos
    Worst: Snack a Jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Not a fan of Walkers but...
    Jalapeno & cheese. An acquired taste but my God i am hooked. Nice bit of heat off them too!

Wouldn't insult my taste buds by eating any of their other offerings though.

Actually, yeah. I'm a fiend for the Jalapeno and Cheese crisps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

Aldi Snackrite Crunch Delight Cheese and Onion. Absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Pringles are biscuits.

Pringles are vile

Soft prawn cocktails ones. Looked like little flowers. Loved them as a kid.

Skips. Very nice.

Marks and Spencer do a nice big bag of them - slightly bigger than skips (the crisp and the bag) - very satisfying.

Icaras wrote: »
    Monster munch are poor compared to what they were like before. As someone said waffles don't get enough love.

Waffles are nice but have that annoying thing where you eat a bag at lunchtime and at 8pm you hiccup and it's all Waffles flavour. They repeat on me something terrible.

Skips. Very nice.

Marks and Spencer do a nice big bag of them - slightly bigger than skips (the crisp and the bag) - very satisfying.

I can't buy those bags, eat all in 1 go yet I will buy a 6 pack and eat 3-4 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Old Snax were the bomb but have been ****e for years

I always like a BBQ Hula Hoop but recently have been getting into the "Eat Real " range The tomato and Basil lentil chip is great also too the Sundried tomato and roasted garlic Quinoa chip.

props to O'Donnell's Sea salt and cider vinegar too that's a solid entry into the market

Worst crisp is any flavour Walkers and Tayto treble crunch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Walkers crisps are the worst, regardless of flavour.

This is true, their 'salt and vinegar' taste like they have no vinegar. I like a lot of vinegar.

Surprisingly, the Tesco own brand Salt and Vinegar crisps have the most vinegar taste. And only 99p for a 6 pack. And never any black crisps, in fact, I want them now.

I can't buy those bags, eat all in 1 go yet I will buy a 6 pack and eat 3-4 lol

They are quite light and fluffy though so can definitely understand that. I've been to M&S very often for the sole reason to buy a pack of those crisps many times.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. I'm a fiend for the Jalapeno and Cheese crisps too.

Where can I get these? I've never seen them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Does anyone else think Pringles used to be good but have gone pretty crap in the last ten years or so. For example sour cream and onion used to quite nice but are now absolutely vile and have an after taste. Salt and vinegar pringles can be quite nice but I have they either burn the mouth off you or have absolutely no flavour at all never good consistency.

A few years ago there was Walkers Stax on sale in Dunnes and Tesco which seemed to taste like how Pringles used to and should taste like. But these vanished not long after they were introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I'm not a crisp man at all but every Friday or Saturday I devour a pack of Tesco finest crinkle cut salt and vinegar. A highly enjoyable experience every time and beats the brands for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,846 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'm not a crisp man at all but every Friday or Saturday I devour a pack of Tesco finest crinkle cut salt and vinegar. A highly enjoyable experience every time and beats the brands for me.

You're more of a crisp man than me.

They are quite light and fluffy though so can definitely understand that. I've been to M&S very often for the sole reason to buy a pack of those crisps many times.

Exactly! They are like air and then the bag is empty :pac:

The M&S mini poppadums are nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Where can you get these (apart from things they used to call "pubs"), have never had them before.

https://manhattan.ie/product/crisps-cheese-onion-best-cheese-onions-crisps-world/0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Corn snacks and reconstituted potato starch snacks are the worst crisps as they are not in fact crisps.

Advertisement