Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭snotboogie

ICU up to 35, those in hospital up to 315

But the distress caused by a close relative's severe illness is bound to cause that physician to act irrationally.

Well considering yesterday you thought that head lice was caused by having long hair and the only solution was to treat it with a haircut, I'm going to say your analysis is most likely wrong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

alentejo wrote: »
    I just feel that if you question any element of the Lockdown strategy, you are considered a pariah of sorts. Annoyed that the Anti-mask/lockdown brigade who have mass gatherings in Dublin City Centre seem to have taken the prime Anti Lockdown position.

We don't appear to have any strategy beyond December in fighting this pandemic in Ireland. very depressing

This is no proper pandemic. It’s a media and social media driven fear induced pandemic.

Most people who are tested don’t even realise they have the god dam virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Hubertj wrote: »
    who do these union officials think they are? "the government has to convince me.....". Just wow..... delusions of grandeur.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40067835.html

Let them strike if that's what they want... strikes are unpaid though so... I bet they won't :pac:

But what makes the teachers so much more precious than, say, supermarket workers or nurses? I really struggle to see this 'concern' than anything more than wanting handy time-off on full pay. It's all it can be. The shower...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This is no proper pandemic. It’s a media and social media driven fear induced pandemic.

that doesn't make a whole lot sense

why would asymptomatic people be presenting for tests outside of known close contact situations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

snotboogie wrote: »
    ICU up to 35, those in hospital up to 315

Icu is down to 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Lol. I think I’ll defer to actual epidemiologists if I’m looking for a definition of a proper pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Maybe an artificial virus could be developed that was properly deadly to most who get it. Then people might start taking the guidelines seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Boggles wrote: »
    Please save me the faux concern.

No one is buying it.

Trying to peddle the Narrative that the sole motivation of CMO is to save his terminally ill wife is at best remedial, but in reality just a bat shít conspiracy theory.

Big joke indeed.

Sole motivation, I never said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Zebra3 wrote: »

It's a no brainer

NPHET would never allow pubs and restaurants to open before Christmas

We were at a glacial pace reopening them the first time around and NPHET will be even more risk adverse this time around

This reopening is going to be even slower I'll bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Gael23 wrote: »
    Dr Ciara Kelly on Twitter saying this move to Level 5 just to save Christmas is wrong

Fixed that for ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Maybe an artificial virus could be developed that was properly deadly to most who get it. Then people might start taking the guidelines seriously.
    A certain section would still say "it is no worse than a flu", "it is a casedemic" etc if people had ebola

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

An illness so severe that you need an inaccurate test to prove that you have it. If this was a real pandemic there would be dead bodies lining the streets and population would have gone down.

GT89 wrote: »
    An illness so severe that you need an inaccurate test to prove that you have it. If this was a real pandemic there would be dead bodies lining the streets and population would have gone down.

This thread needs a nonsense filter

gmisk wrote: »
    A certain section would still say "it is no worse than a flu", "it is a casedemic" etc if people had ebola

There would be dead bodies in the street if there was an ebola pandemic. It would be carnage. Thankfully the likelihood of that happening is close to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I think employers attitude is different this time to this lockdown, I was temporarily off from April to July last time, this morning told we are not closing, we are far from essential , heard same from other firms in out business patk

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Benimar wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya :P

Newstalk is pure scutter these days...

It used to be reasonably listenable - you knew that the station had an agenda but the presenters had a certain charisma or quality that made up for that somewhat

But now they are nearly all talentless clones pushing text in lines

It's desperate garbage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Gruffalux wrote: »
    He seems calm and reasonable to me. Do you expect people who have tragedy in their lives to be running around like screaming morons? A lot of people have terrible suffering and manage fine. If you start eliminating the people with suffering from the work force there will be very few left. Fcuks sake.

This is different. He is making decisions that will affect the entire population and at the same time those decisions could have a direct impact on the wellbeing of his wife. He cannot be expected to be objective and should not have been allowed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

gmisk wrote: »

It’s a complete and utter total overreaction.

But that’s the society we now live in thanks to technology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Does mean all phone shops ,
    and internet cafes closed .
    i,ll have to get some photo copys done before thursday .

i think they should cancel all non professional sports at leasttil january .

we have a very limited no of hospital beds in icu ,so i understand why they did this .

theres too many people meeting up in groups and ignoring social distancing rules .

riclad wrote: »

we have a very limited no of hospital beds in icu ,so i understand why they did this .

theres too many people meeting up in groups and ignoring social distancing rules .

Phone shops etc can all stay open on emergency basis, so define emergency

riclad wrote: »

They haven't decided which shops are and are not essiential.

New list of shops & services allowed to remain open.

Essentially everywhere if you can offer click and collect if your non essential.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1318469029204557824?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any word on if they're abandoning the clock change this weekend?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Longing wrote: »
    An Easyjet passenger is thrown off the Belfast to Edinburgh flight after she refused to wear a face covering.

https://twitter.com/LFC_blano/status/1317948341544800258

Everybody dies.Ah yeah, what's a couple of decades of someone's life so long as she can go maskless. Such a rotten bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

alentejo wrote: »
    I just feel that if you question any element of the Lockdown strategy, you are considered a pariah of sorts. Annoyed that the Anti-mask/lockdown brigade who have mass gatherings in Dublin City Centre seem to have taken the prime Anti Lockdown position.

We don't appear to have any strategy beyond December in fighting this pandemic in Ireland. very depressing

They haven't, it's just that some people like to paint it that way.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I think employers attitude is different this time to this lockdown, I was temporarily off from April to July last time, this morning told we are not closing, we are far from essential , heard same from other firms in out business patk

Are you on either of these lists?
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c9158-essential-services/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You can't just abandon a clock change a few days before its supposed to happen...it would knock off every IT system

• Advertisement

Not this year but EU is looking at it for next year I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement