Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Loved my time as a CO in AGS. The vetting is pretty in depth and is done by a smaller dept so takes a while.

There are some very diverse roles in AGS so it's very tough to say what you'll be doing. They generally expect a lot of COs and if you embrace it promotion is easy enough. Good time to be in AGS imo, lots of change and opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Up to 556 on Dublin panel for anyone wondering. Are they actually placing anyone in posts? Currently a TCO in DEASP. Contract finishing up shortly. Has anyone had contract extended?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

beenhad wrote: »
    Up to 556 on Dublin panel for anyone wondering. Are they actually placing anyone in posts? Currently a TCO in DEASP. Contract finishing up shortly. Has anyone had contract extended?

The email I got when I enquired about how interviews were progressing in Dublin said that they're only interviewing when vacancies arise so I assume they're placing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Submitted all my docs to the clearance team last week and was told I'd get a link about garda e-vetting very soon. No link 9 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Messi19 wrote: »
    Submitted all my docs to the clearance team last week and was told I'd get a link about garda e-vetting very soon. No link 9 days later

Email public jobs and tell them

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Offered AGS, will that be a min of 16 weeks before i start then with garda clearance.

Whats involved with that, that it takes so much longer than normal?

What's AGS like? Was really hoping for a diff dept, but tbh just happy to get the foot in.

Oh I really wanted there do you want to.swap I'M DEASP but not happy about going ..just waiting on my location then I have to decide as I've just been offered another job which i will more than likely take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

Messi19 wrote: »

Mine came into my junk folder, could be worth checking there!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Fergality wrote: »
    Mine came into my junk folder, could be worth checking there!

Hasn't been in spam

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

So I have my interview coming up. I'm currently in the first year of a 4 year part time degree and i have 2 days of lectures a month which is on a Friday and a Saturday. I have 6 months of these lectures plus xmas and summer exams so I'd probably need 8 Fridays off a year.

I'd plan to take holidays to cover these days but would it worth saying it to anyone in the interview and will I wait and see if I get the job first?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

So I have my interview coming up. I'm currently in the first year of a 4 year part time degree and i have 2 days of lectures a month which is on a Friday and a Saturday. I have 6 months of these lectures plus xmas and summer exams so I'd probably need 8 Fridays off a year.

I'd plan to take holidays to cover these days but would it worth saying it to anyone in the interview and will I wait and see if I get the job first?

It won't make a difference in the interview and will make no difference when you land. Your assigned department will either accommodate or they won't. I wouldn't mention it as the only possible outcome from it is a possible unconscious bias against you. By all means mention you're doing a PT degree that won't impinge on your work, especially as you'll be asked about self development.

You'll more than likely get the exams off paid in addition to your annual leave. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Absolutely agree with Samuel's reply above. I wouldn't mention it in the interview, but definitely mention it to your manager once you start your job. I have always found public sector bodies very accommodating and encouraging when it comes to self-development.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Thanks guys, had enough hassle with my current employer trying to get it off so not looking forward trying to get it off again if I get the job.

So its now been 2 weeks since I was told I was going to DEASP and still no word from them (DEASP) re location..sent them an email but no response .....I give up ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

I know the clerical officer pay scale starts at 24,586 (471.20) but does anyone know the actual take home pay after tax/pension contribution etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Enquiring wrote: »
    I know the clerical officer pay scale starts at 24,586 (471.20) but does anyone know the actual take home pay after tax/pension contribution etc?

I was taking home 425ish/week as a TCO a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JenOD90

Waterford is at OOM 14. Slow movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

JenOD90 wrote: »
    Waterford is at OOM 14. Slow movement.

Hasn’t moved in at least a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciarawira

depends on tax credits and % of contributions but would guesstimate it would be between €370-€410

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JenOD90

Big_Baner wrote: »
    Hasn’t moved in at least a month.

Oh no! Not good! I'm 19 so fingers crossed not long more to wait but I imagine it will be new year before I am called

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

I was taking home 425ish/week as a TCO a few months ago.
    ciarawira wrote: »
    depends on tax credits and % of contributions but would guesstimate it would be between €370-€410

Thanks! And do you know when you go up to the next level on the payscale? Is it a year after you started and passed probation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Hurdig

L390 wrote: »
    So its now been 2 weeks since I was told I was going to DEASP and still no word from them (DEASP) re location..sent them an email but no response .....I give up ....

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciarawira

Thanks! And do you know when you go up to the next level on the payscale? Is it a year after you started and passed probation?

I don't know sorry 🤷*♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

ciarawira wrote: »
    I don't know sorry 🀷*♀️

The incremental scale moves each year providing you pass your performance review.

if there are any disciplinary issues at any stage throughout your service you incremental can be withheld for that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Authbo

Anybody know what the dress code is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Authbo wrote: »
    Anybody know what the dress code is like?

Smart casual in most offices, unless your customer facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Mobility in cs back open on Monday.

L390 wrote: »

Ill send you a PM of who to contact. They are normally fairly responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Hi All, quick question for anyone has done interview for Revenue Customs Officer any tips on interview questions asked. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi All, quick question for anyone has done interview for Revenue Customs Officer any tips on interview questions asked. Thank you

Questions I got:

Working with a difficult colleague;
    How would you feel about working shifts
    Example when you provided good customer service
    Working with a team

Know the competencies inside out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

I've been offered a job in Ballina, Mayo. Just sent off the evetting form. At what stage do you find out what dept it's in? I only know Environment and dole office, no clue what other departments there could be. I'm assuming if it was AGS, the vetting procedure would be different? Any info would be welcome.

Advertisement